Author Topic: Places to ask for Donations  (Read 12728 times)

angel4peace

Re: Places to ask for Donations
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 04:22:44 am »
I do not remember the game but I bet Sue from Tuscon does. Charles Barkely sent his bodyguard down from his private box to get Melinda. She was surrounded by so many fans, his bodyguard took her up to the box and she watched from there. I bet he might be interested in participating. I will ask Sue what game that was.

I am sure as we said the Titans and any other team she has sung the National Anthem for might be interested.

I wonder if any of the guest stars she worked with on Idol might be interested.. Tony Bennett , Diana Ross, Gladys Knight etc........

The Principal or the choir director of her high school.

Zaxby's chicken!

Fundraiser during Black History Month or a good time to approach people.

Oprah is not easy to get to, she is approached about so many things. I think maybe if we went through her re Melinda and MNM and then as we built a relationship could them mention the scholarship. I just think that with Oprah's interest in Africa, starting the Leadership Academy in South Africa we could go in through the back door with MNM... just a thought.

I think we mentioned this but Rosie O' Donald loves Melinda.
will be back with more.. my brain has been on break........ Rolling On Floor Laughing

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 04:24:37 am »
Has anyone thought about approaching Oprah...I think she would love a great story like this.
I think Oprah would be an amazing choice!

angel4peace

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 07:04:45 am »
Has anyone thought about approaching Oprah...I think she would love a great story like this.
I think Oprah would be an amazing choice!
People have been writing to Oprah about Melinda for several months we need a contact and a unique angle!

sueintucson

• Founding Backup #676
  • intelligent, diplomatic, inquisitve, serene
    • Melinda Doolittle Backup
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 08:06:29 pm »

Angel, it was the Cleveland Cavaliers v. Detroit Pistons in Cleveland during the 2007 NBA Playoffs, where Melinda sang the National Anthem. She was excited because she got to meet Charles B & Kenny Smith.   Thumbs Up
Sue

www.myspace.com/sueintucson

Stand often in the company of dreamers:
  they tickle your common sense & believe you can achieve
  things which are impossible.
          maryanne radmacher

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 08:25:42 am »
Can someone start to find the addresses where to contact all these VIPs?
So far we have only Simon's. This will help, so that when we are ready to start (hopefully right after Thanksgiving, as soon as Belmont University gives us the green light) we can send out a "massive" mailing ... we need to get to this biggy before the end of the tax year ....  Thumbs Up

I will see how good my google talents are this weekend by trying to come up with some addresses for the VIP's that have been identified to date. 

chris-play

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 05:28:52 pm »
So far we have only Simon's. This will help, so that when we are ready to start (hopefully right after Thanksgiving, as soon as Belmont University gives us the green light) we can send out a "massive" mailing ... we need to get to this biggy before the end of the tax year ....  Thumbs Up

I will see how good my google talents are this weekend by trying to come up with some addresses for the VIP's that have been identified to date. 

Thank you! As you are already doing this, would you mind putting together in a document also all the suggestions that have been made so far? You should browse in the other threads too ... there are not many, but it will be nice to start putting ideas together. Let us know if you can, and if not let's see if someone else can help! We need to start moving the water ...  Super excited

Elcondado

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 12:34:21 am »

Thank you! As you are already doing this, would you mind putting together in a document also all the suggestions that have been made so far? You should browse in the other threads too ... there are not many, but it will be nice to start putting ideas together. Let us know if you can, and if not let's see if someone else can help! We need to start moving the water ...  Super excited

No problem....

Vickster

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 02:01:17 pm »
Michael W. Smith, himself.  And maybe Shepard Smith of Fox News, he loves Melinda.

Elcondado

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 05:36:32 am »
Michael W. Smith, himself.  And maybe Shepard Smith of Fox News, he loves Melinda.

Shepard is on our list already, but adding Michael Smith is a great idea. 

NotUrGirl

• Founding Backup #12
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 03:16:54 pm »
Ellen loves Melinda too...I was trying to get her on Ellen after she was eliminated, she would be a good one to contact.  She and Oprah will also be good when it comes time to help Melinda promote her CD....
Barb

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 06:28:37 pm »
Ellen loves Melinda too...I was trying to get her on Ellen after she was eliminated, she would be a good one to contact.  She and Oprah will also be good when it comes time to help Melinda promote her CD....
I remember Ellen saying that Melinda was her favorite.  I think she would be awesome as well.  Thumbs Up

Sally

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 04:18:44 am »
I remember Ellen switching to Jordan. Broke my heart.  Crying  Ok I am done crying, moving on, good idea though.

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 04:14:15 am »
How about people from Zaxby's and Dreyer's Ice cream...?  Thumbs Up
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Elcondado

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 08:38:49 am »
How about people from Zaxby's and Dreyer's Ice cream...?  Thumbs Up

Good idea Tiger.... Thanks

hilarious