Author Topic: Places to ask for Donations  (Read 12006 times)

chris-play

Re: Places to ask for Donations
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 05:43:37 pm »
Can someone start to find the addresses where to contact all these VIPs?
So far we have only Simon's. This will help, so that when we are ready to start (hopefully right after Thanksgiving, as soon as Belmont University gives us the green light) we can send out a "massive" mailing ... we need to get to this biggy before the end of the tax year ....  Thumbs Up

Sally

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 06:45:57 pm »
How about the Florists we used for the finale, out in California. They have many celebs as customers and did flowers for the grammy's.  Greg would hopefully remember their names. I hope!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 11:17:07 am »
How about the Florists we used for the finale, out in California. They have many celebs as customers and did flowers for the grammy's.  Greg would hopefully remember their names. I hope!

I am pretty sure it was these people

http://www.avantegardens.com/

Phil Rulloda and his wife Catherine

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:43:02 pm by Alan »

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 11:41:40 pm »
I was thinking we could try to get permission to hand out our pamphlets to people attending the concerts she does.  I know she will be in my area on Dec 15 with Michael Smith...but I don't know how soon we can have the printed materials ready.....if not for this series of concerts, I'm sure there will be others.

chris-play

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 12:50:06 am »
I was thinking we could try to get permission to hand out our pamphlets to people attending the concerts she does.  I know she will be in my area on Dec 15 with Michael Smith...but I don't know how soon we can have the printed materials ready.....if not for this series of concerts, I'm sure there will be others.

Are you going to the concert Cathy? I am pretty sure that by then the details will be cleared, and we have a pledge form and appeal letter ready to go ... let us know! This is a great idea   Thumbs Up

Elcondado

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2007, 01:47:03 am »
I am going to the concert, and dragging the hubby along... Whipped By so if I can get permission from the venue, we will both be able to pass out materials.. Huzzah!

chris-play

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 01:51:54 am »
I am going to the concert, and dragging the hubby along... Whipped By so if I can get permission from the venue, we will both be able to pass out materials.. Huzzah!

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing those hubbies can be useful sometimes ...  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Elcondado

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 05:07:56 pm »

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing those hubbies can be useful sometimes ...  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Especially if they don't know the hidden agendas Yikes Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Elcondado

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 05:16:38 pm »
I just had a brainstorming type idea...ie idea needs rerfinement...but I was wondering if we could get some electonic chips made up with Melinda singing something like Amazing Grace...with permission of course....like one would see in the singing greeting cards....and we could use them in our publicity brochures in a way that would let prospective donors hear the vision behind our fundraising...I don't know if this is at all possible, but it's just an idea...I did email a chip maker in Hong Kong just to see what the costs would be for such an idea....thoughts? Dunno

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2007, 07:23:02 pm »
I just had a brainstorming type idea...ie idea needs rerfinement...but I was wondering if we could get some electonic chips made up with Melinda singing something like Amazing Grace...with permission of course....like one would see in the singing greeting cards....and we could use them in our publicity brochures in a way that would let prospective donors hear the vision behind our fundraising...I don't know if this is at all possible, but it's just an idea...I did email a chip maker in Hong Kong just to see what the costs would be for such an idea....thoughts? Dunno

I think the crunch here is the permission.  There are probably some strange conditions surrounding recordings of Melinda, as to who owns them.  Probably depends on what deals she has signed with record companies.

I expect the only solution in the short term to this is to ask Melinda's management company who to approach for permission to use her voice.

Elcondado

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 05:34:07 am »

I think the crunch here is the permission.  There are probably some strange conditions surrounding recordings of Melinda, as to who owns them.  Probably depends on what deals she has signed with record companies.

I expect the only solution in the short term to this is to ask Melinda's management company who to approach for permission to use her voice.

I just received a response from the initial inquiry I made on the chip.....Dear Cathy,  MOQ the factory is at least  5K - 10K.  Lead time 4-5 weeks at the cost of around  US$ .75/unit

Regards,
Ladda

I'm not sure what MOQ means...is that minimum quantity perhaps? 

Do we know who the new management company is that Melinda just signed with? 

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 05:39:37 am »

I just received a response from the initial inquiry I made on the chip.....Dear Cathy,  MOQ the factory is at least  5K - 10K.  Lead time 4-5 weeks at the cost of around  US$ .75/unit

Regards,
Ladda

I'm not sure what MOQ means...is that minimum quantity perhaps? 

Do we know who the new management company is that Melinda just signed with? 

MOQ = Minimum Order Quantity

From her myspace page:
Just thought I would let you know that I have the most amazing management now. I am ultra excited. They afre one of my favorite choices I have had the pleasure of making since the show. I love them! Here's the info... Blanton Harrell Cooke & Corzine 5250 Virginia Way, Suite 110 Brentwood, TN 37027 (615) 627-0444 phone
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Labelle

• Founding Backup #692
  • Charming,Expressive,Unselfish,Sanguine
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 10:26:28 pm »
Has anyone thought about approaching Oprah...I think she would love a great story like this.
  I want to be all that I am capable of becoming....(Katherine Mansfield)

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 10:43:55 pm »
Has anyone thought about approaching Oprah...I think she would love a great story like this.

I thought about that too Gale!

alohabyana

• Founding Backup #590
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 03:55:48 am »
What about the pro basketball team she sang the Natiional Anthem for - I can't remember which one?

Aloha,
Ann

hilarious