Author Topic: Places to ask for Donations  (Read 12012 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Places to ask for Donations
« on: November 18, 2007, 09:05:36 pm »
Here is an idea for you

This is the address of the office where Simon Cowell works when he is in the UK.

Sony BMG UK
 Bedford House
 69-79 Fulham High Street
 London
 SW6 3JW

Switchboard: 020 7384 7500

Could we compose a really nice letter asking for a donation. 

I already called the switchboard once to try and get the e-mail address of Simon's PA, but they wouldn't give it to me They told me to write to him via ordinary mail, so I don't think calling would help.  But it is the right address.

chris-play

Re: Places to ask for Donations
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:53:55 pm »
Thank you Alan!
I think that it is definitely something to do! It will not hurt and it may bring something good! Super excited

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 06:45:01 am »
I'm wondering if we couldn't do a standard letter, or small brochure, introducing the scholarship, Belmont, and Melinda, that could be used by all of us to send to posible places that we think might be appropriate.  This would be in place of each of us having to write up something and thus duplicating our efforts.  Just a thought. 

angel4peace

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:22 am »
Thanks Alan, that is a wonderful idea!

I agree Elcond- I think we need a standardized introductory letter and or a simple brochure on nice paper. Our logo would go on it as well as information about Belmont and the scholarship. I know that we have several people on the board with marketing backgrounds so I believe we can come up with a great cover letter and brochure.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:36:31 am »
I was thinking the same

chris-play

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 12:26:25 pm »
I'm wondering if we couldn't do a standard letter, or small brochure, introducing the scholarship, Belmont, and Melinda, that could be used by all of us to send to posible places that we think might be appropriate.  This would be in place of each of us having to write up something and thus duplicating our efforts.  Just a thought. 

Thank you Elcondado. As soon as we are ready to start (in a few days  Super excited Super excited), there will be informational material available to all members. The Committee is also working on a static page on our website linked to Belmont University, as we did for MalariaNoMore and Melinda's birthday.
Stay tuned and keep sending ideas and suggestions. Especially welcome are ideas on how individual members can organize fund raisings where they live or work to help collect money for the endowment fund. Thanks

angel4peace

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 08:48:19 pm »
Chris, do you think we can send a letter to Laura Bush and to Colin Powell? Melinda has been with Mrs Bush several times now and she seems to be a favorite at the White House, siting next to the President! And I know Colin Powell is very interested in assisting students in need, therefore, I think these are two people we need to contact and I believe something might come out of it!

Lets brain storm to create a list of people of Influence who love Melinda. I am just jotting down a few please feel free backups to add more. 6 Degree's of Separation.

Simon.
Mrs Bush
Gladys Knight
Cee and Bebe
Colin Powell
The Gov of TN
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:40:17 pm by angel4peace »

chris-play

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 08:54:26 pm »
Chris, do you think we can send a letter to Laura Bush and to Colin Powell? Melinda has been with Mrs Bush several times now and she seems to be a favorite at the White House, siting next to the President! And I know Colin Powell is very interested in assisting students in need, therefore, I think these are two people we need to contact and I believe something might come out of it!

Lets brain storm to create a list of people of Influence who love Melinda. I am just jotting down a few please feel free backups to add more. 6 Degree's of Separation.

Simon.
Mrs Bush
Gladys Knight
Cee and Bebe
Great idea! You forgot to add to your list Colin Powell. And what about the Governor of Tennessee, the one that welcomed her the day of "Homecoming" and called Randy "Johnson" instead of "Jackson" ... I cannot recall his name right now, but he might also be someone to approach. Let's keep thinking!
 Thumbs Up

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:22:47 pm »
Just wondering...

what about the Pastor of Born Again Worship Center---her home church?

and maybe the manajar of the Tennessee Titans.       Just brainstorming........

angel4peace

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 09:41:23 pm »
Just wondering...

Great idea's Holly, keep brainstorming. I think the Pastor is on our list, but the Titans... she loves them and they seem to love her!  Rose

chris-play

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 09:45:36 pm »
Just wondering...

Good thinking Holly  Thumbs Up
Let's keep adding names to this list. We need to come up with a fantastic "VIP" list of people to contact.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 10:08:54 pm »
Nigel Lythgoe?

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:47:07 am »
Shephard Smith on Fox was quite taken with Melinda, so we could ask him.  And there was a morning show man and woman, (I've forgotten their names)  but the woman was especially taken with Melinda..can someone remind me, was it ABC? How about finding out who owns the Cheescake Factory restaurants..she's given them some good press.  How about the Boiler room, I don't know if there is an owner, but maybe send a letter to include all of the actors/actresses.  Well I'll keep thinking, but there are a few ideas.

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 03:07:36 pm »
The Morning Show with  Mike and Juliet

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 05:36:57 pm »
Kelly Ripa was a Melinda fan and so was her guest co-host.  The guy who used to play Doogie Howser - Neil Patrick Harris.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

hilarious