Author Topic: YPC Concert Featuring Melinda  (Read 3733 times)

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
YPC Concert Featuring Melinda
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:22:06 pm »
Here's another concert Melinda will be featured in:

YOUNG PEOPLE'S CHORUS OF NEW YORK CITY

CURRENT NEWS & EVENTS

10th Anniversary Gala, 8/22

A DECADE OF DREAMS

Mark your calendars.  The award-winning Young People's Chorus of New York City (YPC) and its artistic director and founder Francisco J. Núñez are celebrating their 10th anniversary as an independent chorus with a joyous benefit concert taking place at Carnegie Hall Monday, October 22 at 7 p.m. A star-studded array of well-wishers will join the choristers on stage to musically launch them into their second decade of bringing together children of any and all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds to make beautiful music and to entertain audiences all over the world.  Their guests include longtime friends of the YPC, the New York Pops, Rosanne Cash, and the Stephen Petronio Company, along with 2007 American Idol finalists Melinda Doolittle and Phil Stacey, Tony-winner Christian Hoff and Bobby Spencer from Jersey Boys, CNN's Soledad O'Brien, and reggae artist Maxi Priest.  Among the show-stopping musical numbers on the program will be the premiere of James Taylor's “You Can Close Your Eyes” which he specially arranged for the chorus to sing on this occasion and to close the concert, a brand new song—part theater, part classical, part rap—written as a gift to the YPC by Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens, the Tony-winning collaborators of such productions as Ragtime and Seussical , entitled "The Song I Sing", which will be performed by all 1000 members of the Young People's Chorus of New York City.

Concert tickets are on sale now at Carnegie Hall.  They range from $20 to $150 and will be available at the box office, online at www.carnegiehall.org, or by calling CarnegieCharge at 212-247-7800.

The 7:00 p.m. Carnegie Hall concert will be followed immediately by a reception at the New York Athletic Club (180 Central Park South) co-chaired by Nancy Bloom, YPC Board Chairman the Honorable A. Jerry Kremer, Sony's Hiroko Onoyama, and Roger Ross.  The gala evening will honor two of the chorus's staunchest supporters—YPC board member Suzan Kremer and Philip H. Lovett, founding partner of Millennium Partners.  Black tie is optional.   For tickets please call 212-843-1714 or email ypc@hgnyc.com

Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
Re: YPC Concert Featuring Melinda
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 11:31:16 pm »
Thank for the info, Maria!

Carnegie....!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 12:33:06 am »
I've always wanted Melinda to do this...AMAZING!!!  Question though: Isn't Melinda scheduled to perform somewhere in FL that day?

Cindy

• Founding Backup #765
  • Smart, perceptive, brave, mischievous
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 04:53:51 am »
I would love to see the duet between Melinda and Phil that we did not get to see at the AI concerts... And a Melinda solo would be nice too. Grin
      Vamping The Night Away...

angel4peace

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 06:27:37 am »
Thanks Cindy.... yes, a duet with Melinda and Phil would be wonderful!

Vickster

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 01:21:08 pm »
That is so great.  Remember Paula talking about "you got concert halls, cd's......"    Clapping
Now I just want to see her performing in her own concert.   Wink

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:15:24 pm »
New York could be a good meet opportunity (a reception is mentioned) for NE Backups....
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 06:35:56 pm »
Thanks Cindy.... yes, a duet with Melinda and Phil would be wonderful!
I agree.  They would sound awesome together.  Smiley

Cindy

• Founding Backup #765
  • Smart, perceptive, brave, mischievous
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 06:52:00 pm »
That is so great.  Remember Paula talking about "you got concert halls, cd's......"    Clapping
Now I just want to see her performing in her own concert.   Wink

I remember that Vicki - at the rate that Melinda is going, her own concert may not be that far in the future   Huzzah! - maybe even before her CD is out (or to promote it?).
      Vamping The Night Away...

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 06:56:48 pm »
I cannot wait until Melinda does a SOLO concert there.  Cheesy

Gemini2

• Founding Backup #510
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 06:06:38 am »
Now that's a concert hall with Great Acoustics.
Won't Melinda's voice sound Wonderful there!!!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 08:29:05 pm »
Now that's a concert hall with Great Acoustics.
Won't Melinda's voice sound Wonderful there!!!
Wonderful?  She'll bring down the house and probably even get more fans to support her.  Cheesy

hilarious