Author Topic: Students... get your schools involved with "Stayin' Alive"!  (Read 9575 times)

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
Re: Students... get your schools involved with "Stayin' Alive"!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 03:00:56 am »
I wanted to give another update...Shari and Alan have been helping me set up a web site so that people from my school will understand what MNM is all about, and also learn more about Melinda and her backups and the epfforts that they have put into helping out this cause. Today Shari PMed me a list of questions to answer so that she can help me figure out some text for the web page...I had so much fun answering the interview questions, and I am so thankful for all of Shari's help!!!
I am getting help from one of the clubs I am involved in at school to plan the dance. They have also been a huge help, and I am thankful for that too! They also like the ideas that I have come up with for the dance, and spreading the word about it. I want to have the dance in the school gym on Friday March 7th. It is a good time because Fridays are the best days for school dances, and it is between the seasons of winter and spring sports so that everyone who wants to come can make it. We will also be going to the tree room at our school with the bed net that I will be recieving in the mail to try and raise money outside of the dance. This is for all the people who don't want to go to the dance, but DO want to help raise money for the cause. I want to pass out flyers about the dance beforehand to get more people to come...Maybe I will even be able to get them sent to the homes of students so their parents can  see the efforts being made by our school. We are going to contact the Press and Sun to try and get a story in the paper too. All money raised from the dance, and the tree room will go to Malaria No More, and I think that we will be able to make a  lot Thumbs Up That's what I'm hoping at least! My advisors are also going to help me spread the word to other schools because I told them that I would like to do that. They are all very supportive Huzzah!
So I am really hoping that this goes well, I am pretty confident in it Thumbs Up
Love, Lexi World Hug
We did it!

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 03:22:14 am »
I wanted to give another update...Shari and Alan have been helping me set up a web site so that people from my school will understand what MNM is all about, and also learn more about Melinda and her backups and the epfforts that they have put into helping out this cause. Today Shari PMed me a list of questions to answer so that she can help me figure out some text for the web page...I had so much fun answering the interview questions, and I am so thankful for all of Shari's help!!!
I am getting help from one of the clubs I am involved in at school to plan the dance. They have also been a huge help, and I am thankful for that too! They also like the ideas that I have come up with for the dance, and spreading the word about it. I want to have the dance in the school gym on Friday March 7th. It is a good time because Fridays are the best days for school dances, and it is between the seasons of winter and spring sports so that everyone who wants to come can make it. We will also be going to the tree room at our school with the bed net that I will be recieving in the mail to try and raise money outside of the dance. This is for all the people who don't want to go to the dance, but DO want to help raise money for the cause. I want to pass out flyers about the dance beforehand to get more people to come...Maybe I will even be able to get them sent to the homes of students so their parents can  see the efforts being made by our school. We are going to contact the Press and Sun to try and get a story in the paper too. All money raised from the dance, and the tree room will go to Malaria No More, and I think that we will be able to make a  lot Thumbs Up That's what I'm hoping at least! My advisors are also going to help me spread the word to other schools because I told them that I would like to do that. They are all very supportive Huzzah!
So I am really hoping that this goes well, I am pretty confident in it Thumbs Up
Love, Lexi World Hug

Alexis, you are amazing. Everything sounds like it is going well. I believe this will be a huge turnout.  Thumbs Up

chris-play

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 03:33:25 am »
My Baby Buckup rocks!!!!! Go Alexis! I am proud of you  Rock On sign

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 04:03:17 am »
Thank you Chris, and Donna, and everyone!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! I love ya'll SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! World Hug
We did it!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 04:06:21 am »
Alexis, you are awesome!   Big hug

Rock On sign
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 08:40:27 am »
Love, Lexi World Hug

Awesome Lexi  Rock On sign

It would be good if the flyer had our logo on so we can promote Melinda too.  Just like the web page, do you need help to design the flyer, and make a press release for the newspapers.  Just speak up and I will help you get some help.

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 11:51:26 am »
Love, Lexi World Hug

Awesome Lexi  Rock On sign

It would be good if the flyer had our logo on so we can promote Melinda too.  Just like the web page, do you need help to design the flyer, and make a press release for the newspapers.  Just speak up and I will help you get some help.

Once we find out a little bit more about what our plan is I will talk more about the flyer. Thank you so much, and I will definitely come here if I need any help. Right now I am working on making a video slideshow. Yesterday I got a bed net in the mail at my school, so we will probably start raising money from now, up until the dance, and maybe longer;) I am so glad that everything has been going so well with this! banana dance
We did it!

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 10:40:53 pm »
Love, Lexi World Hug

Ok, I'm not sure why I didn't see this sooner ... but you are too sweet, Lexi!!  It was an absolute pleasure to work on this, and I thank you for letting me be a part of it. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to work on this, ok? Wait until you see the web page (I sent you the link ... aaah, I'm excited!!) ... it is AMAZING ... just like you and all your hard work!!!!
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2007, 11:24:51 pm »
Love, Lexi World Hug

Ok, I'm not sure why I didn't see this sooner ... but you are too sweet, Lexi!!  It was an absolute pleasure to work on this, and I thank you for letting me be a part of it. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to work on this, ok? Wait until you see the web page (I sent you the link ... aaah, I'm excited!!) ... it is AMAZING ... just like you and all your hard work!!!!

Stop hiding you light under a bushel girls.  Both of you did good.  Here is the web page BOTH of you created.

http://www.melindasbackups.com/static/UnionEndicott.htm

Its fantastic - I am so proud of both of you

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2007, 12:39:06 am »
Alexis you are wonderful !!   Great job on the web page everyone   Thumbs Up

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2007, 01:04:54 am »

Stop hiding you light under a bushel girls.  Both of you did good.  Here is the web page BOTH of you created.

Aww, thank you so much!!  It truly was a "work of heart" to work on this, and I loved every single minute.  It was an honor to work with Lexi and you and to write about both Melinda's and Lexi's inspiring work.  Thank you both for letting me be a part of this ... please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!!  Rose
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2007, 08:01:59 pm »

Aww, thank you so much!!  It truly was a "work of heart" to work on this, and I loved every single minute.  It was an honor to work with Lexi and you and to write about both Melinda's and Lexi's inspiring work.  Thank you both for letting me be a part of this ... please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!!  Rose

No Shari, THANK YOU!!! (Here we go with all our thank yous again, LOL!) I was so glad to help the help from you and Alan...now I HAVE to look at the web page right now because I haven't seen it yet!  Huzzah!
Love ya's!!!
Lexi Big hug
We did it!

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2007, 08:15:30 pm »
OH MY GOSH! I love the page SO MUCH!!! That is awesome!!! Thank you so much Alan and Shari for all of your help...seriously! I can't WAIT to share that with all the students, and administrators at my school...it will be awesome!!!
Love ya's SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
lOVE, Lexi Big hug
We did it!

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2007, 08:38:20 pm »
No Shari, THANK YOU!!! (Here we go with all our thank yous again, LOL!) I was so glad to help the help from you and Alan...now I HAVE to look at the web page right now because I haven't seen it yet!   Huzzah!
Love ya's!!!

Hahaha that's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw your post.  I'm fairly certain we're up to somewhere around 50 "thank yous" at this point, huh?  Like I've said so many times, it was an honor and a pleasure to do this.  I'm glad I could help!!

OH MY GOSH! I love the page SO MUCH!!! That is awesome!!! Thank you so much Alan and Shari for all of your help...seriously! I can't WAIT to share that with all the students, and administrators at my school...it will be awesome!!!

Doesn't it look AMAZING?!?  I'm so thrilled with how it turned out ... thanks again, Alan, for your hard work and diligence in creating the page!!  Stop thanking me ... it was my pleasure, and I should be the one thanking you for letting me be a part of this!  I truly loved every minute of writing it and working on this with you!!  I'm so excited to hear what everyone at your school thinks!! They should all be VERY proud of you!! Smiley
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 11:06:52 pm »
No Shari, THANK YOU!!! (Here we go with all our thank yous again, LOL!) I was so glad to help the help from you and Alan...now I HAVE to look at the web page right now because I haven't seen it yet!   Huzzah!
Love ya's!!!

Hahaha that's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw your post.  I'm fairly certain we're up to somewhere around 50 "thank yous" at this point, huh?  Like I've said so many times, it was an honor and a pleasure to do this.  I'm glad I could help!!

Doesn't it look AMAZING?!?  I'm so thrilled with how it turned out ... thanks again, Alan, for your hard work and diligence in creating the page!!  Stop thanking me ... it was my pleasure, and I should be the one thanking you for letting me be a part of this!  I truly loved every minute of writing it and working on this with you!!  I'm so excited to hear what everyone at your school thinks!! They should all be VERY proud of you!! Smiley

I think your right Shari...We must have reached 50 by now LOL sign But seriously...I was thrilled to work with you on this too!!! I had so much fun, and I LOVE the finished product of it all!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! It is AMAZING!!! I am also excited to hear what my school has to say...they are already amazzed by all of this...and this on top of everything? They'll love it too!!!
We did it!

hilarious