Author Topic: Q&A With Melinda Doolittle  (Read 1744 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
Q&A With Melinda Doolittle
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »
Exclusive Q&A With Melinda Doolittle

Just hours before Melinda Doolittle's brand new Christmas single, "God Bless Us Everyone," was released, we had a chance to catch up with America's sweetheart.

See our exclusive Q&A below, which covers the new holiday tune, an update on her next studio project and her exciting weekend plans.

Also, be sure to purchase "God Bless Us Everyone" on iTunes now. It will truly be a great addition to your holiday music collection!

Q. On the eve of the "God Bless Us Everyone" release, what are you feeling? Do you still get that nervous/excited feeling before a new release?
A. I'm SOOOO excited! I definitely get nervous a little, but more than anything, I can't wait for people to hear this song! I love it and I hope they do too!

Q. What can you tell us about how this song came about?
A. I simply love Christmas! It's my favorite holiday. I love the way Christmas music makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Writing and recording a Christmas song was a no brainer for me. It had to happen!

Q. "God Bless Us Everyone" is your first original release to date. What was the process like? How long did it take? Can we expect more original releases from you in the future?
A. I got to write this song with Regie Hamm. He's definitely one of my favorite people to write with because we think the same when it comes to songs. This song took two days, but only because we had prior engagements, so we could only get together for a little bit each day. We really just wanted to encompass all that we love about Christmas. It was that simple...and who doesn't love Tiny Tim? I'm writing for the next record now, some with Regie, some with others and I'm really excited about it!

Q. It's just shy of 3 years since your last full LP release, any plans in the works for another album?
A. Yes sir! Working on it now. I'm loving being so involved in the process, from the writing to the end.

Q. This weekend, you will have the honor of paying tribute to one of music's greats, Aretha Franklin. What can you tell us about the event, how did it come about, and any hints to what you will be performing?
A. Eeeek! I love Aretha Franklin! This is such an honor! When we got the call asking me to be a part of the event from one of the producers, I was in shock! I am so excited to be part of such an amazing lineup (including Chaka Khan and Lauryn Hill) as we honor such a legend. I happen to have an Aretha song on my first record...just might be performing that one plus one more. :-)

Q. You played a very vocal role discussing this past season of American Idol online. Besides having gone through the experience, what draws you to the show that you just can't get away from?
A. It's a great show! I love seeing people live out their dreams in front of 30 million people, but I also sympathize with the pressure. I think that's why I'm so into it.

Q. Did you catch up with any of the contestants after the show was over, and offer any advice/guidance?
A. I saw the tour this season and it was amazing! They were all so great. I was totally a fan girl and I fawned over all of them at the meet and greet! Read more about adventure here: http://mdoolittlesblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/american-idols-live.html

Q. When can we expect a Casey/Melinda duet? Smiley
A. That's gotta happen! Working on it!

Q. Looking into 2012, what are your biggest goals going into the new year?
A. Definitely releasing my next CD and being able to tour even more cities and sing my heart out. I love what I do and I want to do even more of it.

AINow
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead