Author Topic: Pia Toscano on DWTS is not unfair  (Read 1979 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
Pia Toscano on DWTS is not unfair
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:26:06 pm »
American Idol fans tuning into this week’s Dancing With the Stars results show got a surprising bit of news: Idol‘s recently (and shockingly) booted finalist Pia Toscano will perform a song on the ABC series’ April 26 results show, as her rumored beau, DWTS pro Mark Ballas, get his boogie on with Karina Smirnoff.

*** Idol executive producer Ken Warwick's opinion (see link to full article below) ***

Season 6 finalist Melinda Doolittle agreed with Warwick’s position. “It doesn’t bother me in the least to see Pia get that opportunity,” she said. “And actually, had it happened in my season that they hooked up [ninth-place finisher] Gina Glocksen with a Dancing With the Stars guest spot, I would’ve been thrilled.”

Doolittle added that strategically, it’s “genius” for Idol execs to start “vetting the eliminated contestants [in the real world] while they still have them under contract.” She joked that she wished she’d had a similar opportunity during her season of Idol — particularly if Hines Ward had been a contestant. “I still haven’t recovered from his paso,” she added with a laugh.

Read the full article here: http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/pia-toscano-american-idol-dancing-with-the-stars-ken-warwick-mark-ballas/
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

hilarious