Author Topic: MTV interview with Melinda about Idol  (Read 5437 times)

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
MTV interview with Melinda about Idol
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:01:04 am »
Not sure if this is posted somewhere else.... This is the MTV interview with Melinda about last nights Idol..
http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/642603/melinda-doolittle-joins-idol-party-live.jhtml?xrs=share_twitter

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
Re: MTV interview with Melinda about Idol
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:53:41 am »
Thanks Holly!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:01:21 am »
 Thanks Holly. Thumbs Up

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:06:30 am »
Whoa!  I don't agree with Melinda one bit about Casey.  The guy is a bass player, not a singer.  I bet Victor Krauss sings better than he does and a million times better to look at.  If Melinda goes on tour with him, I don't know if I can bear going -- it might just be too painful to watch.   Crying
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:08:36 am by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 02:54:22 am »
Casey is my favorite but I didn't like him last night. I did, however, LOVE him tonight with Haley!

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 03:19:36 am »
Whoa!  I don't agree with Melinda one bit about Casey.  The guy is a bass player, not a singer.  I bet Victor Krauss sings better than he does and a million times better to look at.  If Melinda goes on tour with him, I don't know if I can bear going -- it might just be too painful to watch.   Crying

I bet Maria goes.    Scratch chin

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:57 am »
Ha, ha!  You'd be surprised how much I can't stand Casey.
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 12:05:06 pm »
Not sure if this is posted somewhere else.... This is the MTV interview with Melinda about last nights Idol..
http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/642603/melinda-doolittle-joins-idol-party-live.jhtml?xrs=share_twitter

Sadly not viewable outside of the US

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 02:48:21 am »
I can't get the video to download but here is the audio.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »

That`s one of the reasons why I do love you!!! haha

PS:  I was thinking "let me check Casey`s duet, because I saw Mel talking about it" and just now I saw the video duet Casey and a girl... then I need to say I am like SERIOUS! I am like I really don`t like AI. OMYGOD if it is what is sing I`d rather be deaf. Even the performer was something "scared". They ruined an amazing song.  No technique or talent for the `babbling Jazz` (I don`t know if it is the correct name for that in English) well I miss Amy.    I am scared... LOL
I am afraid of AI.com  LOL
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:51:28 pm by Mu Doo »
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »

Alan, hon try again because it works  normally for me.
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 09:03:16 am »

I did, and it worked for me the third time.  I am not sure how I did it, but clicking around the screen the second time made the big blanket over the page (which said I could not view it) disappear.  When I came back the third time it was gone

Great discussion, especially since I am really happy when Melinda sings Jazz - so I would love to see a Melinda/Casey join tour happening (Sorry Maria).

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »

I did, and it worked for me the third time.  I am not sure how I did it, but clicking around the screen the second time made the big blanket over the page (which said I could not view it) disappear.  When I came back the third time it was gone

Great discussion, especially since I am really happy when Melinda sings Jazz - so I would love to see a Melinda/Casey join tour happening (Sorry Maria).

You know... I would be fine with a Melinda/Casey tour as long as Casey sticks to bass playing and leaves the singing to Melinda.   Thumbs Up   Hard to imagine Casey would come close to Victor Krauss who played with Melinda at Feinstein's.  You need to go to Feinstein's next Melinda has a show there, Alan.  Nothing quite like it.  That venue was made for her.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:04:35 pm by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »
  You need to go to Feinstein's next Melinda has a show there, Alan.  Nothing quite like it.  That venue was made for her.

I know.  I would really love to find a way to get there.  Seems like an upmarket New York version of Ronnie Scotts (which I think has just closed Crying )