Author Topic: Melinda's Backup Book  (Read 24980 times)

jenprays

• Founding Backup #279
  • nice, congenial, spiritual
Melinda's Backup Book
« on: August 28, 2007, 05:52:39 pm »
Hi everyone! This morning as I was getting ready for work I was brainstorming how we could bless Melinda. I was thinking, if I was Melinda I would like to know something about the people who support me. What do you think about Melinda’s Backup Book where we can share basic information, pictures, and stories?

It would be in a scrapbook so I can put the pictures and information together with decorative touches. We could even have pockets for DVD’s if you have the ability to make a DVD to share with Melinda. Each person could have a front and back of a page. So that should give you some space to put a few pictures (you and Melinda, your family, your dog, your daughters drawing of Melinda, the last bee that stung you, etc.), some hand written notes, encouraging words and basic information.

Of course you would only list the information you felt comfortable sharing. I don’t think I need to mention that it would need to be clean, but just in case…if it is inappropriate it will be censored for Melinda’s benefit. I listed some ideas below if you need something to get you started, but it seems most of the people on here are more creative than I could ever dream of being…

Online Name:
Eye color:
Height:
Lefty/righty:
Raised in:
Any siblings (younger or older):
Current Family Members:

Favorite Season:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Restaurant:
Favorite Present you received:
Favorite Present you have given:
Favorite Place to Visit:
Favorite Weekend Activity:
Favorite Cartoon/TV Show to watch when you were a child:
Favorite way to spend a rainy day:
Smartest thing you have ever done:
Fun Family Story:
What do/did you want to be when you grow up?
What is the favorite part of your job?
What do you make sure you do every week/day?

Questions for you:
When would be a good time to have everything turned in? I am planning to go to one of the Christmas concerts in the worst case scenario I could always mail it.
Is this something anyone else is interested in doing?

EDIT: Ok, I have thought and prayed about this, I would like each person to have two 12 inch by 12 inch pages. If I can get everyone’s stuff by November 1st, we can get the Backup Book to Melinda by Thanksgiving. If things aren’t coming in as quickly, I will postpone it until December. You will not need to put the pages together, please send me your letters, photos (descriptions would be great too), DVD’s, whatever you come up with but no crazy stuff like locks of hair. Remember you only have two pages to share with Melinda about you…be honest and choose wisely.

Since this is scrapbook style here is some hopefully helpful information:
Handwriting your information on acid-free paper with acid-free markers will not fade with time (plus it is more personal)
Please don’t send me the only picture you have of your favorite grandma, you won’t get it back…make copies of the picture and send me the copy
When your pages are assembled they will have mattes, die cuts and designs added…each page will need to have some “empty space” so it doesn’t look cluttered

As long as everything goes as planned I will take pictures of each page and find some way for you to see what Melinda will receive.

My address:

Jennifer Garske
PO Box 585
Camdenton, MO 65020
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:40:58 pm by Hephaestus »
I love being the mama 'cause I get to tell people what to do! Melinda Doolittle

judgenvlove

• Founding Backup #288
  • Choose a life that matters
    • myspace
Re: Melinda's Backup Book
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:36:24 pm »
This is a great Idea Jennifer.  I will participate.  I think she would like knowing a little bit about her fans.  Especially since we know so much about her.
Be happy where you are on the way to where you are going.

http://www.myspace.com/noreen_love
Noreen

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:09:30 pm »
Jen, As I posted on the other site, I think this is a great ideal.  I'm thinking of what I'll put on mine as I'm posting.  Are you putting the pages in page protectors?
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 10:15:18 pm »
I said it before, I think it's a great idea!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:17:39 pm »
Count me in, too.  Smiley

Backup641

• Founding Backup #641
  • Keeper of Melinda's OCD
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:23:10 pm »
I'm still in.  I love this idea! 
Linda
http://www.myspace.com/melsbackup4eva

Let's see... JESUS, EAT, SLEEP... yep, sounds like Melinda has her priorities straight to me!

jenprays

• Founding Backup #279
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 11:17:49 pm »
Jen, As I posted on the other site, I think this is a great ideal.  I'm thinking of what I'll put on mine as I'm posting.  Are you putting the pages in page protectors?
Great Question ghopper! It will be in page protectors...
my scrapbooking expert suggested using 1 12 x 12 sheet for each side so it could be easily moved around...it will be a 2 page spread (like you would read an atlas)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 11:44:35 pm »
Great Question ghopper! It will be in page protectors...
my scrapbooking expert suggested using 1 12 x 12 sheet for each side so it could be easily moved around...it will be a 2 page spread (like you would read an atlas)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!!
Perfect!  So when we lay out our pages, each of us will have a 2-page spread (basically 24" X 12").  I'm so excited about this; I don't know where to start!!!
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

jenprays

• Founding Backup #279
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 11:54:56 pm »
You've got it...I am hoping I will get some inspiration soon, I am stuck on...ok I have two pages...what am I going to do with them...what are the most important parts of my life that Melinda should know about...is there something specific I can put on there to encourage her...yeah I think this is a fun project but I am hopeful for a "aaa ha" moment to bring some clarity.

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:29:53 pm »
I definitely want to be a part of this!!

Just to clarify -- we're making the things/writing the information to put on the pages, but not making the pages themselves?
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

jenprays

• Founding Backup #279
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 03:48:13 pm »
You've got it...just send the stuff to me and I will make it all look pretty...if you would rather send it through the computer that is fine too. Whatever works best for you...

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 03:51:44 pm »
That sounds great!!

I still have 356465757 things to do for my best friend's bridal shower next Saturday (being maid of honor is a lot of work, haha), but I'll start working on my part as soon as that's over.

This is such a wonderful idea!  Thanks for coordinating this for everyone, Jen!! Smiley
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 03:48:14 am »
I absolutely LOVE this idea!!! I would love for Melinda to be able to know more about each of us backups Huzzah!
But just where and when do we post this?
Much love, Alexis Big hug
We did it!

Dani

• Founding Backup #364
  • Grey's Anatomy<3333
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 03:50:51 am »
Count me in baby  Thumbs Up  Big hug

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 04:10:52 am »
Count me in too. When you say two pages, is that one page front and back or two pages just front, or two pages front and back. Did I make sense there?   Dunno