Author Topic: Benefit Concert is Postponed til 2011  (Read 1634 times)

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Benefit Concert is Postponed til 2011
« on: June 22, 2010, 02:38:01 am »
Hi All,

I just received word from Cherry that the benefit concert is temporarily postponed until 2011.

The reason for this is that there have been so many fundraisers due to the floods in Nashville last May, that people just can't give anymore right now.  So to maximize the potential for fundraising, the concert will be postponed til next year.

I think there's actually a big up side to this news.  All backups who want to attend will have at least seven or eight months to save their money and make arrangements to get to Nashville.
Hopefully, this way, we can make the concert into a huge backup reunion/gathering, and it will be bigger and better than we originally even dreamed. Smiley

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
Re: Benefit Concert is Postponed til 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:30:26 am »
This is beginning to sound like when we were waiting for Melinda's cd to come out.    LOL sign    But you are right, it does give people a chance to come that might not would have come earlier. 

Who knows, maybe some of those across the seas may be able to come.   Super excited

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Re: Benefit Concert is Postponed til 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:31:16 am »
That's a good point about all the fundraisers for the flood.  I can understand postponing it.

I hope we can still get the Scholarship endowed this year though.  I'd love to see that happen due solely to the Backups' efforts.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead