Author Topic: Chat Tonight, 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific  (Read 2246 times)

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Chat Tonight, 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:20:04 pm »
Hi All,

We're having a music scholarship chat tonight at;
9 PM Eastern
8 Central
6 Pacific
if anyone wants to attend.  We're discussing the benefit concert promotion plans, mainly the production of a promotional video.  Even though we still don't have a definitive date or even a general time frame for the event, we want to be organized and prepared to promote it when we get concrete information about the benefit. Thumbs Up

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
Re: Chat Tonight, 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »
My internet's been acting wonky all day, but as long as it's working tonight, I'll be there!
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:31:53 pm »
And Mountain Time!  Don't forget me!  I'll be there.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Jena

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 11:41:39 pm »
 Brick wall I knew I should have written mountain, but I didn't think anyone was on that time.  I know you're an hour behind me, but I just had in my head that you and Maria are Pacific. Out of mind Out of mind Well DUH

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:43:12 am »
I'm still at my parents house so I'll hop on when I get home and see if you guys are still in there!

Valerie

• Founding Backup #395
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:21 am »
I'm sorry I missed it! We had a Father's Day thing with Will's family. Let me know if there's anything I can help with.
   Vegas Vamp

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:20 am »
Sorry I couldn't make it  Crying...are you going to post the chat log from the meeting?

Jena

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:30:24 am »
Desiree said she would post it tomorrow, which is actually today. Smiley

But I'll try my best to summarize.

1.  We don't have a date for the event, but the last thing we had heard was that Kelley wanted the concert definitely in 2010, prefereably by August, or at least that month was mentioned as a possibility.

2. I started the chat by saying that without a date, we should work on our plans to promote the event as if we only had six weeks.

3.  Desiree thinks the best promotional tool is a video, so we're going to make a promotional video for the benefit concert.  (This is not the big promotional video that will eventually be made to fundraise for the scholarship in general.  This is just for the benefit concert.)

4. Desiree talked to Patrick about his script for the music scholarship video.  She's going to do so in more detail . . today.  If Patrick can't write the script, Shari is going to do so.  So either Patrick or Shari is writing the script, Desiree is editing, and Megan volunteered to read the script.

5.  Lots of ideas to increase fundraising at the benefit concert were suggested, so I made a list and posed those possibilities to Kelley in an Email, which I also forwarded to everyone on the scholarship mailing list.

6.  Shari has begun work on a possible blog post that we can use whenever we get the go-ahead to promote the concert.

7.  Babz and Megan are compiling a list of resources that we might can use to promote the event (Belmont TV and radio, music fraternities at Belmont and other colleges, etc.)

8.  Holly, Shari, and Megan are prepared to spread the word about the concert on Twitter, Myspace, blogs, etc.

9.  Holly and Megan are willing to notify all on and off-site backups about the concert, and any plans we try to make to bring everyone together at a hotel, etc.

10.  Everyone can think of ideas or thoughts on the concert promotion effort and write them down, to let us know at the next chat.

11.  I'm willing to help wherever it's necessary, and I'm also trying to coordinate everybodys' efforts in each promotional arena that we have going, and facilitate all communications so that everybody knows exactly what everybody else is doing.

I apologize if I added an extra name or left one out on the things that everyone volunteered to do.  But i'm working strictly from memory, and that's my best effort. Smiley

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 01:17:14 pm »
Jena,
I will --with Megans help--compile a list of artists in the Nashville area that will possibly support this cause... example:
Bo Bice
Mandisa
Natalie Grant
etc.   

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 06:28:24 pm »
Holly, I'll email you a list I have started so you can help me fill in!

hilarious