Author Topic: Ryan calls in to Good Day Atlanta to talk about his appearance at the Ronald McD  (Read 1334 times)

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
Ryan calls in to Good Day Atlanta

http://www.ryanseacrest.co.uk/articles/2009/10/23/ryan-calls-in-to-good-day-atlanta

They have a radio video. on the website It worth it  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Ryan was on Good Day Atlanta this morning to talk about his appearance at the Ronald McDonald House Gala event tomorrow night. He wasn’t in studio, saying that he had just arrived in his home town and hadn’t done anything other than speak to his parents. The presenter said she’d heard that this was a special event close to Ryan’s heart:

Yes. It’s a really big event. We’ve got a great partnership with Coca Cola through American Idol and I too have worked with them on so many different things and so tomorrow night there’s a big gala for the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House of which I’m going to see a little bit tomorrow here in town. A home away from home for families who have kids that are sick. It’s a really big event and it’s a great organization and of course our friends at Coca Cola couldn’t be better.

Ryan added that you never know when you’re going to need something like the Ronald McDonald house and said he would have liked to throw out some tickets but he’d been told the event is sold out. Also appearing at the gala is Melinda Doolittle, who Ryan described as ‘a compact little singer with a lot of strength behind her voice’.

Ryan was also asked for his thoughts on the next season of American Idol and Ellen DeGeneres joining the show:

Well how about that curve ball? Ellen De Generes! Woah! So we have her on the panel, which is going to be fantastic. We just finished the auditions around the country and we saw some good people and some very interesting contestants, as you can imagine, and come the beginning of the year we will launch. And I am thrilled that Ellen’s going to be on the show. I’ve known her for quite a while and she is one of the most clever, articulate, smart, funny kindest people in the business.

On the comparison with Simon Cowell, who Ryan called ‘the elderly one’, referring back to his narcissistic 50th birthday party, Ryan said Ellen would be honest but in a sweeter way than the acerbic englishman.

Ryan Seacrest Appearance: Two Opportunities Saturday, October 24

10:00am -11:00am Ronald McDonald House (795 Gatewood Road, NE Atlanta 30329) and 7:15pm-7:35pm World of Coca-Cola Pop Culture Room (121 Baker Street, NW Atlanta 30313-1807). WHERE: Morning event at Ronald McDonald House Gatewood location near Emory University. Evening event at the World of Coca-Cola (Media sign-in to the right of the retail entrance)

Good Day Guest Information: Oct. 23

I did a rough transcript when the interview aired in case the video didn’t go online, included here for anyone who can’t get the video. There will be errors and omissions because Ryan talks too fast for my typing Wink

Fox: This … is Ryan Seacrest
Fox: Good morning Ryan
Ryan: Good morning! That was the perfect hold on ‘this’. This …. is American Idol!
Fox: That is so awesome. Now okay who taught you that in Dunwoody because it came from somewhere, it had to come from the upbringing.
Ryan: It started like this. Good morning class. This … is the pledge of allegiance. Please rise.
Fox: Ryan, listen, we gotta ask you are you on east coast time or are you west coast time?
Ryan: I have not slept. I have just put my feet down here on the east coast in my home town. I have talked to my parents, that is about all I’ve gotten done today. I have been on my Blackberry and talked to my mother and father out in Sandy Springs in Dunwoody.
Fox: Alright I’m glad you talked to them because, you know, they would have been upset had they seen you on the phone with us
Ryan: by the way, Mark, that is exactly it! I couldn’t be on this show without calling them first! My mother would say ‘so you can call those guys before you call us’
Fox: So Ryan you’re in town for a really special event: Hearts and Hands Gala for the Ronald McDonald House. That is a very special event. Close to your heart, I understand?
Ryan: Yes. It’s a really big event. We’ve got a great partnership with Coca Cola through American Idol and I too have worked with them on so many different things and so tomorrow night there’s a big gala for the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House of which I’m going to see a little bit tomorrow here in town. But, a home away from home for families who have kids that are sick. It’s a really big event and it’s a great organization and of course our friends at Coca Cola couldn’t be better.
Fox: We have a great partnership with Ronald McDonald House too. They have a facility right around the corner. Ryan, you can’t imagine how much those folks appreciate when a person like yourself gets involved in the effort to make their difficult time a little bit easier.
Ryan: the thing is, you never know when you’re going to need something like the Ronald McDonald House. And you always probably think you’re not going to be the one that needs it and you want to have something in the community or nearby that is as fantastic as these homes and the do provide so much support for families who are going through stuff.
Fox: And is it true that you’re not the only one with Idol connections performing this weekend?
Ryan: Well THIS is Melinda Doolittle. I haven’t said that name in a couple of seasons, but she has a lot of energy. She’s a compact little singer with a lot of strength behind her voice so she’ll be performing on stage as well tomorrow night and I’d love to be able to say let’s throw out some tickets, but they told me it’s sold out.
Fox: it is, it’s sold out.
Ryan: We’ll have to do it again some time.
Fox: Ryan she performed for us live here in studio and you’re right.
Ryan: you made her nervous didn’t you. You give them that blank stare so they don’t know what you’re thinking.
Fox: Ryan, we would be remiss if we didn’t ask you what your thoughts are on the upcoming Idol season. We are excited about it and I love the fact that Ellen’s on it. Last year set the bar for me and I don’t know if this season can get any better after last season.
Ryan: well how about that curve ball? Ellen De Generes! Woah! So we have her on the panel which is going to be fantastic. We just finished the auditions around the country and we saw some good people and some very interesting contestants as you can imagine, and come the beginning of the year we will launch. And I am thrilled that Ellen’s going to be on the show. I’ve know her for quite a while and she is one of the most clever, articulate, smart, funny kindest people in the business and she truly is, the interesting thing is about Ellen De Generes is that she watched every episode and I know so because she’d call me and ask for the results because we do the show in the west coast in LA live to you guys but it’s earlier on our coast so we wait a couple of hours for it to run on the west coast and she’d always call me and say you’ve got to tell me the results. Who got kicked off? And I’d say I can’t do that. She’d say I’ve got to plan my talk show. So she’s going to be a part of the show, it’s going to be fun.
Fox: you mentioned that Ellen was kind. You have another judge already who’s not so kind. Is that the balance that we’re looking for, Ryan?
Ryan: ahhhh! You’re talking about the elderly one! Yes. He just celebrated his 50th birthday over in London it was was a narcissistic event which was fitting for him. You know she really is very honest, very very kind. I think that she’ll be honest but she’ll do it in a sweeter way than the acerbic englishman.
Fox: you know we have Jason Castro in the studio today
Ryan: I know. I heard that you were falling in looove with him again.
Fox: Yes I am. Super super cool. He said call him some time!
Ryan: You know what he needs? He needs a little bit of a trim, doesn’t he?
Fox: Alright Ryan I know you’ve gotta get something to eat. You’ve got to have an Atlanta favourite meal.
Ryan: We’re not eating, we’re on Star 94 in a couple of minutes, Nic Cage our guest. We’re rock and rolling. Thank you guys for having me on. It’s great to be back in town. Love watching you. Jason Castro don’t be nervous, eyes are on you all over this city now. And we’ll be back with you for Idol in January. And thank you again to Coca Cola for having me here for tomorrow’s event at the Ronald McDonald House. Is that good enough?
Fox: Always a pleasure Ryan
Ryan: Thank you guys.
Fox: Super cool guy. The hardest working man in showbiz. He’s got like 19 jobs. He gets it in. He really does.