Author Topic: CHRISTMAS PROJECT 2009  (Read 1967 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
CHRISTMAS PROJECT 2009
« on: October 18, 2009, 12:22:52 am »
Once again, we would like to suggest that the Backups do charitable work and/or make donations on behalf of Melinda for the Christmas Holiday.   Over the past two years we have compiled scrapbooks detailing all the generous work that we did in her honor, and it is one of Melinda's favorite gifts ever!  Would you like to do a similar project again this year?  Start thinking about what you might like to do . .adopt a family, help out at a senior or youth center, donate Christmas gifts for children, help at your church, donate money to a charity of your choice in the spirit of the Holiday or to the scholarship fund.  There are so many unique possibilities.

This year, Valerie has agreed to put the book together and ship it for us.  As we did last year, there will be a thread created here in Official Projects for members to post their stories regarding their particular charitable Christmas gift.  You may also include and post a picture (Christmas themes, whatever you wish that may complement it) with your report.  Please try to keep your report and picture sized so that it will fit an 8 x 11 page that goes into the album.   Here you can find examples of last year's album entries.  http://www.melindasbackups.com/forum/index.php?topic=2990.0

As always, we invite others to help make this yearly Backups tradition a success.

If you wish to participate, please plan on completing your page by midnight on Sunday, Dec 13th.  Thanks
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Re: CHRISTMAS PROJECT 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 03:56:53 am »
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Honestly this is one of my favorite things we do...

Also, can we please do chicken soup for Melinda's soul this year?

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Re: CHRISTMAS PROJECT 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 04:05:51 am »
I will try Megan but I'm a slow writer.  It takes me a couple of weeks to write a story.  How many do you have so far?  If you can get 20 or more, I'd say that's enough to do it.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

hilarious