Author Topic: Scholarship Chat 1: Notes  (Read 1697 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Scholarship Chat 1: Notes
« on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:50 am »
We are re-forming the Scholarship Committee and so far the following people have agreed to be on it.

Jena
ghopper/Maria
elcondado/Cathy
donna
Holly
Desiree
Babz

Is anyone else interested in joining?  

P.S. If you just want to stay informed on the progress of the Scholarship, let us know and we can add you to the meeting notes and email list.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:13:44 am by Desiree »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Re: Scholarship Committee Members
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:24:11 am »
Notes from tonight:

• Maria will follow up with Patrick to check and see where we are at on a script for the video.
  • Jena proposed we all save our spare change to donate to the Scholarship - Jenn, Jena, Maria, Holly & Desiree agreed to do it.  If we raise $1000 and I donate it, my company will match it.
  • Cathy/El proposed a benefit concert and sending letters to VIPs once the concert is scheduled.  It was discussed and decided that it would be best if we could partner with Belmont. Hopefully, they would donate the venue and collect all the money.  Marathon weekend 2010 was suggested as a possibility.  Cathy and Maria volunteered to be co-leaders of this benefit concert project and will run the idea by Kelley before contacting Belmont.
  • I volunteered to send a letter to Terry Fator in the near future without a tie-in since he has met Melinda.
  • Donna is putting together gift baskets and will sell raffle tickets.  Similar to the raffle idea, can anyone think of items to auction on Ebay?  Jena suggested iPods and I suggested we ask Melinda to either autograph them or put a special message and/or song on them.  Maria suggested jewelry.  Holly suggested purses.  We could check into putting video on an iPod touch as well and maybe have Kelley record Melinda.
  • Cathy suggested making a CD and/or DVD of the benefit concert to sell to raise money.
  • Need to ask Kelley who would have the rights to the concert - Belmont or Melinda?  Would the school have someone who could make a studio-quality DVD?  Would the record label have any say about the benefit concert?
  • Jena and Desiree agreed to be interim chairs until elections can be held.  The Scholarship Committee will meet every two weeks.  Meeting notices will be posted on the forum.  Due to the NYC event, the next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 3rd at 9:30 PM ET.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:28:38 am by Desiree »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Babz

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:44:49 am »
sounds good to me. Sorry I missed the meeting.

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:46:22 am »
sounds good to me. Sorry I missed the meeting.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!  Hey, we are just happy you are willing to be on the committee!

hilarious