Author Topic: I have been blessed :)  (Read 9140 times)

Sally

Re: I have been blessed :)
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 06:31:24 pm »
Megan thank you for your post. I could not agree with you more. See my post Thank You Melinda and My Fellow Backups.  We all have truly been so Blessed to have Melinda in our lives and somehow for me my words don't ever seem to completely touch all that my heart holds for her and you guys. 

Love you  Megan!

OldSchool80s

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 06:58:14 pm »
That's exactly how people get to be considered saints, when people repeatedly say such things about them. And she cured OS's asthma!

I'm not exactly sure about the curing of the asthma. It was sorta weird timing that it just went away.  Asthma attacks can often be stress related, so it is possible that my excitement and enthusiam elevated my mood to help me deal wtih stresses better? Scratch chin  Whatever it was, I am grateful that I can breathe better.   Wink  And not going to mess with a good thing.   Thumbs Up

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 07:10:12 pm »
Scratch chin  Whatever it was, I am grateful that I can breathe better.   Wink  And not going to mess with a good thing.   Thumbs Up

There  ya go  --- Thumbs Up
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 07:14:09 pm »
Both of your testimonies have touched my heart.... That is wonderul

Donna I am so thrilled about your asthma.    I think we both know where the healing came from.   

I love tis group just like the both of you .... and probably everyone in here. LOLOL Big hug :bighugto everyone...........

meldoo1

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 07:37:30 pm »
AWW Megan...

That is a very nice post. Know that we love you, and will always be here for you. Iif you ever need just someone to listen, there will always be someone here for you.  If you ever just need to talk, let me know and I'll give you my number.  I'm so glad we all found each other!  Big hug

now here's my story...most of you know already the challenge that I am dealing with right now.  LIke I stated in my thread, it started last October, and has happened twice since then.
I was depressed, not wanting to do anything, go anywhere or talk to anyone. Not even my family. I would screen calls from my own mother, who I am VERY close to. I saw Mel in her audition,  and something happened to me. Just watching her, literally lifted my spirits. I cannot pinpoint what it is about her, she's so many wonderful things. She just exuded joy and light in every performance. As the weeks progressed, I looked forward to seeing her every week.  I started talking to my family again, my sister and mom would call me every Tuesday and Wednesday to discuss the show, and of course Melinda.  Then I found this wonderful group of people, and feel so completely blessed to be a part of this amazing family! You guys really are a very special group of people, I hope you all know that.
She'll NEVER know just how much she helped me. I didn't grow up in a religious family, and I know this may sound silly, but I truly believe she was sent to me to help me through this.  There is no other way to explain what she has done for me, and what all of you continue to do for me.
Like I said before, it has happened to me now 3 times. But the last 2 times, I was strangely okay. Melinda has taught me to believe that everything happens for a reason,  and that God has a plan, and that gives me comfort I didn't have before.

I love you guys!   Grouphug

sorry if this was TMI, but I'm always looking for ways to express to you all how incredible and completely amazing you are, and how much you mean to me, and Megan provided me with the perfect opportunity to do that!   World Hug

OS..I'm so glad you are feeling better, I love you my Bridgeport chick!  Hug

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:41:30 pm by meldoo1(S) »

Babz

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 08:53:02 pm »
Like all others above me, I am SO glad I have found you all. You are all AMAZING and like Melinda bring light to dark days :-)

Much love!!  Big hug

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 09:04:49 pm »
Melinda is the best medicine. She does heal. I have dark days too wondering how I'm going to pay the next bill, but I manage to keep going on Melinda's inspiration and my worries seem far, far away. I know things will get better. Melinda and my backup friends are my inspiration. Like others have said, we are a special group because we care about one another. I read a quote just yesterday that said, "I've learned that if you care, it shows." It comes from a book called "Live and Learn and Pass It On." It is true. Everyone shows it here and I am so blessed to have found you all.  World Hug Big hug

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 12:52:27 am »
Megan,
I just want to applaud you for having the courage to share your story....it does take a lot to reach out and connect with people sometimes, and in doing so, you have not only made your connections here deeper, but you are also being a role model for others who may find themselves in a similar situation sometimes.  And you are so right about this being a very supportive and caring community.   A community that you have become a part of, and are a valuable member of.  So, great post, and way to be an inspiration yourself, just as Melinda has been to you, and to all of the backups. 

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 01:02:34 am »
Ummmm..... Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

I am completely speechless, and I will have to come back when I can think of a valid response. Thank you so much, Megan! And thank you everyone else for contributing your stories. One day I will be able to let you know how much you have changed my life.
Love you all!
Melinda

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 01:39:40 am »
Melinda has really helped me and changed my life for the better and I told her that in our phone chat for the radio show.  She said it really meant a lot to her.  Melinda has really helped me through some rather rough times in my life and she has helped me deal with them in a more mature and positive way.  Before Melinda, I was always a very negative person and constantly putting myself down about everything to the point where it was overwhelming not only me but my parents.  I had a rough time adjusting to my first year of college last year and Melinda helped me deal with that once I began my spring term.  She has helped me become more positive and confident and I am willing to do some things now that I was once afraid to do because of her.  Without Melinda, I would not be the happier and positive person I am today.  She is the best role model ever, at least for me and I cannot thank her enough for the wonderful impact she has had on my life.  She is the only contestant in all six seasons of Idol to have ever done this for me.

So Melinda, if you ever read this, thank you for changing my life for the better!!!  Getting to talk to you for your radio show on the phone was probably the best thing that has happened to me all this year.

I love you so much,
Erin  Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:44:48 am by MelindaRules1987 »

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 03:30:57 am »
Thank you Megan for sharing your kind heart and uplifting story with all of us.  Heartbeat Heartbeat
May you always find inspiration when you need it the most. Big hug

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 04:36:15 am »
 Crying  Crying  Crying

I JUST read all these responses.  First of all, to each and every single one of you,  Big hug  Big hug  Big hug over and over again. I was really scared posting what I did, in fear of how people would respond/react, but the responses that I recieved were, as usual, incredibly inspiring and comforting.

ERIN, I am pretty sure we are the same person, haha!

Cathy- Your post meant SO much to me. Thank you!

Stacia- I am so glad that I allowed you to share, because I loved your story.  Huzzah! You are so amazing for offering to be someone I can talk to - THANK YOU!

Donna- Thank you. You are amazing

OS- LOTS OF LOVE !  Loved your post/story. Thank you so much for everything that you do.

Bernie-  Crying What do I even say to that response?

Last one...

Melinda, I cannot believe you read this/responded. Well I can, because you are just that amazing. But still. Thank you. You continue to amaze me more and more every day!

World Hug

LilMindy[Lynaie]

• Founding Backup #697
  • Baby Backup
  • FOUNDiNG BACKUP #697 BABY BACKUP #1
    • MY MELiNDAFi3D MYSPAC3
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 08:51:11 am »
Okay....so you have this little one in tears! that was amazing!!
I love you so much!!
Have the Power to believe in YOU!!

BACKUP # 697
ORiGiNAL BABY BACKUP #1

Marlene

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 10:43:48 am »

I'm sorry for what you've been going through... And I'm glad that you're getting better...  Big hug Give a kiss

I attempted to post this last night, but my computer froze 1/2 way through and it never got accomplished. So let's try it again.

I don't mean to be all emotional/sappy, but I can't help but go through each and every day thanking God for blessing me with the life I am living today. At this time last year, I was going through one of the hardest times of my life. I had pushed away the people and activities most important in my life and hid from the world. I would sit in my room for hours by myself and just cry. To this day I don't know why, but I know that I never want to go through that again.

I'm in the ssme place you were last year, for different problems that I'm not gonna bother you with...  I hope to find a way to change like you did....
So I wanted to thank you for showing me that it is actually possible....
 Thanks Thanks Thanks
 Big hug

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 11:18:16 am »

I'm sorry for what you've been going through... And I'm glad that you're getting better...  Big hug Give a kiss

I attempted to post this last night, but my computer froze 1/2 way through and it never got accomplished. So let's try it again.

I don't mean to be all emotional/sappy, but I can't help but go through each and every day thanking God for blessing me with the life I am living today. At this time last year, I was going through one of the hardest times of my life. I had pushed away the people and activities most important in my life and hid from the world. I would sit in my room for hours by myself and just cry. To this day I don't know why, but I know that I never want to go through that again.

I'm in the ssme place you were last year, for different problems that I'm not gonna bother you with...  I hope to find a way to change like you did....
So I wanted to thank you for showing me that it is actually possible....
 Thanks Thanks Thanks
 Big hug

Marlene, you have joined our family now.  Thumbs Up And so we are not going to let you not feel supported.   Big hug  Share as much or little as you want, we are here to listen if you need us.