Author Topic: It's Your Love!!!  (Read 7042 times)

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
It's Your Love!!!
« on: July 14, 2009, 05:08:29 am »
One of my favorite memories from my American Idol experience was the day that I found out there was a group of people dedicated to giving me their support throughout my journey. It was so humbling and so awesome and I was SOOOO excited! So, I did what any really excited person would do...I called my Mommy.  Well DUH

My mommy was, of course, just as excited as I was, but with a catch. She wanted us to pray for “supporters” instead of “fans”. I had no idea what she was talking about until she explained that her take on fans was that they can be fickle and turn on you in a second, but supporters will have your back no matter what. I immediately jumped on the idea, knowing that I would do plenty of stupid stuff that would cause the normal person to run, but if there was a group of wonderful people that had my back, I would be okay. Imagine my surprise, when the group that we had been praying for decided to name themselves “Melinda’s Backups”!!! It was so perfect! Clapping

That being said, you all are honestly answered prayer for me. I never imagined that a group would not only have my back, but also have my heart. I could not do this without you and I never even want to try. Thank you for everything you have been for me so far and I look forward to more great times with you in the future.

And with that in mind, here’s a new video that shows this amazing support group working together to take my dreams and make them bigger than I ever imagined. Thank you for being My Backups. I love you! World Hug
Me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YMJKeQD_w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60YMJKeQD_w</a>

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
Re: It's Your Love!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:12:53 am »
 Big hug Big hug  We love you Melinda.  Heartbeat Heartbeat

Thank you for giving us your wonder music and your heart. Our world is a brighter place.

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 05:19:17 am »
Melinda!  We love you. 

And may I say that you are answer to my prayers.
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:19:49 am »
Thank you so much for the beautiful video.  We love you, Melinda. Heartbeat Heartbeat Halo Halo It is an honor to be your backup, and Donna's right, the world is a brighter place because of you.

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:29:51 am »
Thank you for the beautiful words Melinda.     Rose Rose Rose

Thank you both, Melinda and Kelley, for the wonderful video.    Big hug Big hug Big hug
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:45:30 am »
Mama Melinda, thank you so much for your beautiful words! You always put the biggest smile on my face, and I love you SOOO much for that! Thank you for everything you say and do! I will never stop loving you, and I am going to support you straight through until the end! Big hug Big hug Big hug

The video won't show up for me Crying
We did it!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:48:54 am »
Mama Melinda, thank you so much for your beautiful words! You always put the biggest smile on my face, and I love you SOOO much for that! Thank you for everything you say and do! I will never stop loving you, and I am going to support you straight through until the end! Big hug Big hug Big hug

The video won't show up for me Crying

Lexi, you can find it on YouTube.  It's on Melinda's YouTube channel - DoolittleTV.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 05:51:34 am »
We love you, Melinda!   Big hug Big hug Big hug  Thank you for all you do and for being you!  And we'll always have your back.   Big hug Big hug Big hug
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 05:55:01 am »
 Big hug Big hug Thank you so much Melinda...the video gave me happy goose bumps....you surely brighten my life... Big hug Big hug I Love You!
 Big hug Big hug And, Thank you Kelley for your work on the video, and for being in the hot sun that day to cheer us on.... Big hug Big hug I Love You too!

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 10:41:08 am »
I am so proud to be backups, i never meet you or go to a event with others backups but my heart and soul alway with them when they go see you. I love you  Big hug Thanks you so much to care about us.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:56:05 am by Weezzy7 »

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:40 pm »
Melinda and Kelley and Janet,
Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooo much for loving US  Big hug Big hug Big hug

The video brought back so many awesome memories about what we are about.... WOOOOO HOOOOO

You never cease to amaze me..... how you are always Thanking US.......  when we need to be thanking YOU GUYS  Big hug Big hug   

You have totally changed our lives...........

You three will always hold a special place in my heart........... I love you bunches and bunches and bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »
Melinda, you are a ray of sunshine on our cloudy days.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 01:50:48 pm »
Thank you Melinda  Rose Rose

Babz

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:53:39 pm »
 Big hug Big hug Big hug It's YOUR love that brought us together, made us a family, and inspired us to do what we did and will continue to do in support of you! Bowing Women  Rock On sign

I love you tons!!   Big hug Big hug

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 02:09:17 pm »
Melinda thank you so much for your kind words and that adorable video. We all love you so much and are here with you every step of the way. Thank you again!!! Beautiful !!!  Big hug Big hug