Author Topic: Brainstorm ways to increase membership of Melindas Backups  (Read 15706 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Brainstorm ways to increase membership of Melindas Backups
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:41:31 am »
Some of the things we might consider doing:

1) Make the site more appealing to newcomers.
2) Update the static pages so when people google key phrases such as "My Funny Valentine", our static pages show up.
3) Consider opening up the About Melinda section to the public so no registration is required and the search engines will be able to index it.

Other ideas?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
Re: Brainstorm ways to increase membership of Melindas Backups
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:54:15 pm »
Des,
If people put Melinda Doolittle in Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc...... can we arrange it where we can pop up too?  Does that make sense....

Can we put more stuff on YouTube?

We got those business cards---lets us em.....  I am taking some with me to the WOF conference... JUST IN CASE I strike up a conversation with someone whle I am there.....

Are those stupid ideas......still on my first cup of coffee......

Thanks for all you do.  Big hug

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:29:52 pm »

If people put Melinda Doolittle in Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc...... can we arrange it where we can pop up too?  Does that make sense....

Thats the hard bit.  The idea of putting MFV into the static part and to potentially open up parts of the forum to public gaze is to help that.

For info, here is the last weekly stats for access to our static site (as a PDF).  We collect these reports continuously, and I get a weekly and a monthly report of what is happening.  Notice, how we get a lot of traffic from Melinda's site, and we send quite a bit there too

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:19:01 pm »

We got those business cards---lets us em.....  I am taking some with me to the WOF conference... JUST IN CASE I strike up a conversation with someone whle I am there.....

These two are certainly something we can do.  Great ideas Holly!   Thumbs Up
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:46:48 pm »
Des,

Are those stupid ideas......still on my first cup of coffee......

Thanks for all you do.  Big hug

Holly, no idea is stupid when brainstorming.  Keep bringing them up.
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 07:50:21 pm »
what about someone giving a little advertisement about our site.... and Melindas site on youtube....

Like, hey guys.... wanna learn more about Melinda, her music, and her charties.....  do we have a site for you.... la la la la and hole up business card....

or is that totally retarded....   I think I have got Monday afternoon Rainy Dreariness.... and my pea brain aint thinkin right. LOLOLOL

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 07:51:45 pm »
If people are for the video idea, I'll make it!

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 07:58:54 pm »

What do you have in mind Megan?

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 08:04:22 pm »
Cool this will be great.

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:04:36 pm »
I could put together a video of pictures/video footage that relate to Melinda's career...Malaria No More, certain charity events, Idol, christmas tour... and at the end say if you're interested in learning more about Melinda check out www.melindasbackups.com

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:46 pm »
Ok you have to built a letter that i can post in blogs and comment in articles and music, radio station that i can sent to them. But someone have to write for me  LOL sign

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 08:19:04 pm »
Ok you have to built a letter that i can post in blogs and comment in articles and music, radio station that i can sent to them. But someone have to write for me  LOL sign

Great idea Louise!  Who wants to help with the letter?  We can create a thread on this board and everyone can make suggestions.  Who wants to start?

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 08:19:41 pm »
I could put together a video of pictures/video footage that relate to Melinda's career...Malaria No More, certain charity events, Idol, christmas tour... and at the end say if you're interested in learning more about Melinda check out www.melindasbackups.com

Sounds awesome!   Thumbs Up

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 08:20:29 pm »

Okay I'll get crackin'!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 08:33:09 pm »

Okay I'll get crackin'!

When its done, can it be uploaded from the Melinda's Backups account that Jess controls.  That way it looks more professional.

hilarious