Author Topic: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine  (Read 15029 times)

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
Re: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 06:37:06 pm »
I've never figured out why AI is averse to Melinda.  She got as far as she did for being supremely talented, not from any favors from AI.

I'm starting to believe it now, i.e., that the AI enterprise is somehow averse to her....
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »
...and she is always so kind to them!!!   Fuming

Melrocks

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 06:46:20 pm »
I've never figured out why AI is averse to Melinda.  She got as far as she did for being supremely talented, not from any favors from AI.
I keep wondering if maybe they wanted to sign her and she turned them down?  There's nothing like a scorned suitor and it would explain what appears to almost be an embargo on mentioning Melinda.

To:  Matt

Thank you for the gift of press and blog-presence you've given Melinda this week.  I am sure you liked MFV.  We, the backups, LOVE it!  Again, thank you! Big hug

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping  Well said Jenn!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 06:46:31 pm »

If anyone comes across an email address for the AI producers, please let me know.  I would like to send them a nice email suggesting they have Melinda on the Finale.  Even if she just comes back to sing a duet with one of the Top 2 finalists, I would be happy.  In which case, I'm sure the bloggers would link to her website and people could find out about her CD.  Thumbs Up

Supposedly Taylor Hicks is singing tonight and he's on an indie label so why not Melinda?  Dunno
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Melrocks

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 06:47:49 pm »

If anyone comes across an email address for the AI producers, please let me know.  I would like to send them a nice email suggesting they have Melinda on the Finale.  Even if she just comes back to sing a duet with one of the Top 2 finalists, I would be happy.  In which case, I'm sure the bloggers would link to her website and people could find out about her CD.  Thumbs Up

Supposedly Taylor Hicks is singing tonight and he's on an indie label so why not Melinda?  Dunno

I guess they have to have him because he won - even though they didn't want him to and did everything to prevent it, they can't erase that bit of history.

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:49:08 pm »
I keep wondering if maybe they wanted to sign her and she turned them down?  There's nothing like a scorned suitor and it would explain what appears to almost be an embargo on mentioning Melinda.

That thought has crossed my mind too Mary Ann.  But I don't think the judges are averse to her.  Randy did twitter her asking when she would be on Idol.  It must be the producers who are boycotting her. It's not just the backups who have noticed either.  There are many blogs asking why Melinda hasn't been on Idol this season.  
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 07:19:10 pm »
That they did not mention her in the wake of a poor interpretation of MFV last night leads inescapably to the conclusion that they bear a grudge.

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 07:51:19 pm »
You should read all the comment about My Funny Valentine

http://www.funnyscene.info/2009/04/29/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine.html

Very, very touching.   Should remind us all of why we're here....

Desiree

Indigo54

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 08:20:05 pm »

http://www.funnyscene.info/2009/04/29/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine.html

Thanks Louise.  I just love reading comments like that.  All this time has passed and people are still declaring Melinda the true winner. 

I think AI owes Melinda a lot. I truly believe her performances caused AI to up the ante on what they expect from contestants because of what she did in season 6.  Haven't you guys noticed that?  The judges are demanding that contestants show who they are, that they bring something of themselves to each performance, that they choose the right songs and then recreate them to suit their personal vocal style.  Stage presence is being judge more critically.  These are all of the things that Melinda excelled at with every single performance during her run on AI - nobody else came close - she had it all.  I know the judges have always emphasized those things but now they're demanding them from all of the contestants.  I will always believe that Melinda helped define the criteria for evaluating real talent on AI. 

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 08:38:33 pm »

Those comments came from the MelindaBackups MFV video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dpb3vNsTd8&feature=channel_page
Yeah if you go to the link you will see tags Backups. That bizare a website can copy this! Glad they did copy from backups!  Huzzah!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:43:49 pm by Weezzy7 »

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 08:45:05 pm »

Thanks Louise.  I just love reading comments like that.  All this time has passed and people are still declaring Melinda the true winner. 

I think AI owes Melinda a lot. I truly believe her performances caused AI to up the ante on what they expect from contestants because of what she did in season 6.  Haven't you guys noticed that?  The judges are demanding that contestants show who they are, that they bring something of themselves to each performance, that they choose the right songs and then recreate them to suit their personal vocal style.  Stage presence is being judge more critically.  These are all of the things that Melinda excelled at with every single performance during her run on AI - nobody else came close - she had it all.  I know the judges have always emphasized those things but now they're demanding them from all of the contestants.  I will always believe that Melinda helped define the criteria for evaluating real talent on AI. 
I agree with you Indigo!

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 08:52:47 pm »
You guys are very sweet! However, I don't think AI has an aversion to me. I did not turn them down for anything. I'm very glad people enjoyed MFV a couple years ago. I actually liked Matt's performance...especially the end. I don't think Jamie Foxx did him any favors by having him lower the song though. That's what made the top of the song a little loose. All in all, last night was awesome! I think this season on AI, they are mainly focusing on winners, those under 19 management or those signed to SonyBMG. It totally makes sense to me and I look forward to a time where I can get the chance to sing on that stage again. They have all been extra supportive of me, so I know it will happen soon. Love you and thanks for all your kind words of support. 

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 08:54:26 pm »
Melinda! I will alway supporting you.   I can't help it. I do love your version of My funny Valentine you was memorable Big hug Big hug Big hug Did you think Matt, the fact they give him bad advise, this will cause him to go home tonight?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:34:18 pm by Weezzy7 »

hilarious