Author Topic: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine  (Read 15044 times)

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455

And Mel, dear, I appreciate that you would never say a negative word about another living being, and I love that you are all sweetness and goodness and light all the time, I wouldn't change you for the world..... Hug
however, I am not.
Matt's performance was horrible,
they should have never let him sing your song[/b].   They should have thrown him out on his mole, no questions asked, as soon as he opened his mouth to sing it. ....   Were these people just not LISTENING, while you were up there singing.. for crying out loud.... Enraged

Thank you, Stacia .... I didn't want to say it myself, but now that you have said it, but I concur!
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Tiernan

Re: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2009, 01:52:51 am »
Exactly Indy and Angel!!  Besides the weak singing it was the emotional distance that was unforgiveable.  Remember when Melinda sang "you make me smile with my heart", you get it, you feel it, you know EXACTLY what she's saying because she makes you feel it.  That's the huge difference.  The song is all about the emotion.  I bet it's the way Mr. Indy feels about Indy.  You know, she's funny looking, her face would stop a clock, her figure is "less than greek" to say the least, weak-mouthed, shifty eyed, bad Melinda-imitatin', high-heel-totterin' fool, but he loves her anyway.  Now, that's true love!!   Thumbs Up

Why am I just now seeing this?     Yikes Yikes What the...?!  Why you little...   Fuming

her face would stop a clock,

That's a terrible thing to say.  Where in the world did you learn to talk like that?!!!  What's the matter with you??!!! 

That's the last straw T!!  I've had it with your harassment.   Enraged Enraged  I demand an apology for what you said about my face/clock.  And until you do....

My side

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your side

There!!!  I've divided the forum in two.   Keep your no-cooking, client embezzlin behind off my side!!!   

Is this my side or your side?   Dunno

Aww, c'mon, Indy, I was just trying to give your and Mr. Indy your props!  Here I was saying how much Mr. Indy must love you and you take offense.  I can't win.  I was just paraphrasing the song, that's all.  I know your face wouldn't stop a clock, maybe just slow it down, but not stop it.  C'mon - can I please come on your side now?

Indigo54

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2009, 06:25:20 am »
Exactly Indy and Angel!!  Besides the weak singing it was the emotional distance that was unforgiveable.  Remember when Melinda sang "you make me smile with my heart", you get it, you feel it, you know EXACTLY what she's saying because she makes you feel it.  That's the huge difference.  The song is all about the emotion.  I bet it's the way Mr. Indy feels about Indy.  You know, she's funny looking, her face would stop a clock, her figure is "less than greek" to say the least, weak-mouthed, shifty eyed, bad Melinda-imitatin', high-heel-totterin' fool, but he loves her anyway.  Now, that's true love!!   Thumbs Up

Why am I just now seeing this?     Yikes Yikes What the...?!  Why you little...   Fuming

her face would stop a clock,

That's a terrible thing to say.  Where in the world did you learn to talk like that?!!!  What's the matter with you??!!! 

That's the last straw T!!  I've had it with your harassment.   Enraged Enraged  I demand an apology for what you said about my face/clock.  And until you do....

My side

Nuh uh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your side

There!!!  I've divided the forum in two.   Keep your no-cooking, client embezzlin behind off my side!!!   

Is this my side or your side?   Dunno

Aww, c'mon, Indy, I was just trying to give your and Mr. Indy your props!  Here I was saying how much Mr. Indy must love you and you take offense.  I can't win.  I was just paraphrasing the song, that's all.  I know your face wouldn't stop a clock, maybe just slow it down, but not stop it.  C'mon - can I please come on your side now?

angel4peace

« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2009, 09:32:10 am »
 Out of mind Out of mind Out of mind

Indigo54

Just wanted to let you guys know, that I was just over at the Idol site, and there is a banner going across the bottom called "Idol buzz" that mentions Melinda's upcoming performance.
I know right?!?!?  I read that and almost fell off my bed in  Yikes, but they don't mean that she'll be on idol, it's for the performance at the Kennedy Center in June. It also mentions her cd.  So I SUPPOSE maybe they aren't being as neglectful to her as we thought.... although not having her on the show this season is completely inexcuseable.
 Cheeky Yell Evil

And Mel, dear, I appreciate that you would never say a negative word about another living being, and I love that you are all sweetness and goodness and light all the time, I wouldn't change you for the world..... Hug
however, I am not.
Matt's performance was horrible, they should have never let him sing your song.   They should have thrown him out on his mole, no questions asked, as soon as he opened his mouth to sing it.  In fact, I Got Rhythm should have also been banned, as NO ONE (group or solo) will ever sing that song as well as you.    Were these people just not LISTENING, while you were up there singing.. for crying out loud.... Enraged

You tell 'em girlfriend.   My feeling exactly!!!! 

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2009, 09:44:32 pm »
http://www.lolflux.com/humor-videos/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine/

25 Responses to “Melinda Doolittle - My Funny Valentine”
shes performing at my church next sunday

By oakridgewr on May 3, 2009

It’s a shame Season 8 doesn’t have a female contestant of this caliber. Melinda is a brilliant vocalist.

By agnesmoorhead on May 3, 2009

true!

By baochau53 on May 3, 2009

I still can’t figure out why she didn’t win AI.

By JeriRose2 on May 3, 2009

I agree. She is in a different league. Her vocal skill is impeccable and she always has perfect control of her performance.

By spiritpunker on May 3, 2009

Yeah. Well matt is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy. That just proves. matt got eliminated 3 times by america. Melinda was supposed to win, but people forgot to vote cuz they thought she would win.

By vidyasundaram08 on May 3, 2009

In my opinion, the single best performance by the best performer ever on AI.
She should have won it all!

By zetia9 on May 3, 2009

this is my fav perfomance

By fireandicecube on May 3, 2009

That was incredible!!

Oh yes, so incredible…
that they all ignored her performance when this song was included in AI this week.

Seems words are cheap…!!!

By thehbss on May 3, 2009

Melinda and AI were made for one another. Week in week out we fans waited to be entertained by the greatest of all AI performers to date.

The Nightingale left Berkley Square each week just to do the show!

And she provided the class performances and professional voice to keep the ratings high.

By thehbss on May 3, 2009

Not true. All the AI contestants have vocal coaches throughout the competition.

By john15008 on May 3, 2009

Everyone has their own opinion. However, I came looking for this clip today BECAUSE of Matt Giraud’s performance. He did well, but I feel the opposite. Melinda’s rendition practically brings tears to my eyes. Also, as the judges allude, her vocal control is truly remarkable.

By john15008 on May 3, 2009

Also check out her performance of her single “It’s Your Love” on the Ellen show right here on YouTube!

By richb2983 on May 3, 2009

Her debut album “Coming Back To You” was released Feb 3rd 2009!! It’s amazing! Go BUY IT PPL!

By richb2983 on May 3, 2009

Melinda is good. But Matt brought passion and emotion to his performance of MFV, that Melinda failed to deliver in hers.

Sorry girl, love your voice though.

By Cacity87 on May 3, 2009

no one has impressed me on AI ever since her. if you ask me she’s the only truly talented one AI ever had. when she lost i stopped watching AI — except for the funny auditions of course.Smiley

By red12512 on May 3, 2009

yes. i loved her. and i listened to him and was like i cant even hear this because it so pails in comparison to this performance. i want it on my pod too. i would buy the single. Melinda do your damn thing!!! go head girl.

By rachelxgo on May 3, 2009

I wish I could get her idol performances on my IPOD

By sdn14 on May 3, 2009

Wow Matt Giraud did this and I went this stinks but I remember someone who did awesome. MELINDA so i went back to make sure it still sounded great and OF COURSE IT DID listen to the original versions of the songs she did and you’ll see she changed them and even for the better 

By sdn14 on May 3, 2009

Wow, she is crazy good.

By holditnow on May 3, 2009

I like matt, but come on…this version tops anyone’s….not just AI contestants….Melinda is one of the best singers I have ever heard!!! ever…

By mzzh on May 3, 2009

I just died! She KILLED THIS. She really really owned this song! Did she make an album?

By Cafetino on May 3, 2009

I thought Matt did amazing job with this song also. Melinda has a vocal coach, Matt doesn’t 

By photoshopknight on May 3, 2009

LOL I agree it could have been done so much better, he disgraced Anita Baker . Dang Matt. Go Melinda

By saxchik55 on May 3, 2009

Hilareous — look at :35 - :45. Melinda’s stylist is WEARING Melinda’s blue velvet jacket from her style book. Or LOANED Melinda her own blue velvet jacket?

By oh2sail on May 3, 2009

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2009, 02:22:09 am »
"Passion that Melinda failed to deliver in hers?"  HELLO!?!?  Out of mind Out of mind Out of mind

Melinda is already "a beloved performer"!!!

Vickster

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2009, 02:59:35 am »
Melinda is good. But Matt brought passion and emotion to his performance of MFV, that Melinda failed to deliver in hers.

Moon Moon Moon
This guy is nuts.  Lemme at him!    Fuming

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2009, 03:15:46 am »

Moon Moon Moon
This guy is nuts.  Lemme at him!    Fuming

You can't truly think he was serious? Nuh uh Rolling On Floor Laughing This is just his attempt at levity . . . . right? Huh? It has to be, because nobody short of a cardboard manequin could hear Melinda's performance of MFV and then say it lacked passion and emotion. Out of mind No No I'm going with the idea that this guy is a failed comedian.  The other alternative is too scary. Melodramatic Running away

Sally

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:50 am »

What planet does this idiot come from?   

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2009, 03:40:37 am »
Jena's point that he was probably being sarcastic is probably right.  But he fooled you, me, and Vicki!

Richard

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2009, 03:45:32 am »
Just so there is no confusion,I'm RichB2983 on youtube,and Cacity is the one who posted the comment about Mel lacking emotion..I left the two before that Smiley 

Thanks for letting me know Louise

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2009, 03:46:59 am »
Just so there is no confusion,I'm RichB2983 on youtube,and Cacity is the one who posted the comment about Mel lacking emotion..I left the two before that Smiley 

Thanks for letting me know Louise
See Richard name there and say hope they didn't being confused lol
Too funny!

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2009, 03:59:43 am »
This video's have been take it in Melindasbackups You tube!!!!!

hilarious