Author Topic: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine  (Read 15034 times)

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
Re: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06:04 am »
Thanks for setting us straight Melinda.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  I'm glad to hear that AI has treated you well and really hope that at some point we'll be able to watch you on their stage again.

I just went to watch your performance of MFV again and fell in love with it all over.  Cloud Nine Cloud Nine 

Matt made a mistake picking that song - not because he can't sing (though I didn't like what he did with the song), but because it was always going to lead to comparisons with your version.  That's a comparison he'll never win.

I agree with you MA! Thank you, Melinda,  for letting us know what is really going on. We are, and will always be protective of you! Glad to know that  you feel that AI is treating you well and fairly.

MA, I too, feel he made a mistake picking that song!
We love you Melinda, thank you for stopping by!!!  Heartbeat Heartbeat

I still think he was a hot mess in comparison , Melinda is so sweet and kind, not like us...

I have nothing to add to this. I agree totally with my dear friends Ange and MaryAnn.  We love you to pieces, Melinda, and we are protective of you and the beauty and grace you have already bestowed on us .... We love you, Melinda, and thanks for stopping by  Heartbeat Heartbeat
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Indigo54

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 03:08:57 am »
Well, the upside of tonight's results show is that the right person went home.  The downside?  We had to listen to Matt's terrible . . . er . . .um, terrific  Out of mind version of MFV again. 

Yeah.  Matt really redeemed himself with that horri, uh, beautiful yowling ending.  Every hog in the world just dragged themseves outta the mud and went home.  Don't know who called 'em.    See ya' Matt.   Bye bye

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 03:10:59 am »
WHERE THE bleep IS BERNIE?  Yell Yell Yell  I've been waiting all day!!!

I was out at a class. I came back mid-AI.  You guys have said it all.

I couldn't bear to hear Matt's MFV again (I had not yet read the thread).  I guess I have to open my mind a bit to what I heard, given Melinda's remarks.  But we won't be seeing Matt again.... yes, they should retire the song (haven't heard Summertime much lately, right?).

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 03:12:14 am »
Well, the upside of tonight's results show is that the right person went home.  The downside?  We had to listen to Matt's terrible . . . er . . .um, terrific  Out of mind version of MFV again. 

Yeah.  Matt really redeemed himself with that horri, uh, beautiful yowling ending.  Every hog in the world just dragged themseves outta the mud and went home.  Don't know who called 'em.    See ya' Matt.   Bye bye

Umm, today has NOT BEEN A GOOD DAY for hogs worldwide -- check your news...

Indigo54

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 03:13:44 am »

Awww come on Bernie!   That's not fair!!  You know what I'm saying. 

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 03:28:13 am »

I know, I know, but it has been a BAD DAY for hogs --

What do we do if Melinda likes a performance that most of us didn't??  Dunno

Indigo54

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 04:02:37 am »

I know, I know, but it has been a BAD DAY for hogs --

What do we do if Melinda likes a performance that most of us didn't??  Dunno

OH.  OK, wait a minute...bad day... for....HOGS!!!   OH, I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!  That's hysterical! Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

I wanna always be there for Melinda I really do.  But I can't go there with her on Matt's version of MFV, I'm sorry.  It was horrible.  And not just compared to Melinda's version either.  We've all heard dozens of versions of that song and his was....well...inauthentic.  Does that make sense?   Is that any way to woo (can't believe I used that word) a love interest?  Yowling?  Singing a song like MFV all loud and outta control?  No!  Bye Matt!!!  And if you think I'm going off you should hear Mr. Indy!!  I've been trying to to find his RANT OFF button all day. 

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:24 am »
OH.  OK, wait a minute...bad day... for....HOGS!!!   OH, I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!  That's hysterical! Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

I wanna always be there for Melinda I really do.  But I can't go there with her on Matt's version of MFV, I'm sorry.  It was horrible.  And not just compared to Melinda's version either.  We've all heard dozens of versions of that song and his was....well...inauthentic.  Does that make sense?   Is that any way to woo (can't believe I used that word) a love interest?  Yowling?  Singing a song like MFV all loud and outta control?  No!  Bye Matt!!!  And if you think I'm going off you should hear Mr. Indy!!  I've been trying to to find his RANT OFF button all day. 

Indy, you are quite right.  .... performances we know from before Melinda are far better than Matt's.  Your assessment as "inauthentic" is right on, too.

About the hogs, I don't know if you know about what's happening in Egypt http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jc_pijXYi6E50wDepameI2ZTf9iAD97S7UPG2
It's not roflable  (no, I am not a vegetarian, and yes, I do eat pork often, but, still).

Indigo54

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:41 am »
Check this one out.  Matt's was even worse than this.  Try to ignore the weird facial expressions

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_2Zp8KcCc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_2Zp8KcCc</a>

Indigo54

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2009, 04:13:14 am »

Indy, you are quite right.  .... performances we know from before Melinda are far better than Matt's.  Your assessment as "inauthentic" is right on, too.

About the hogs, I don't know if you know about what's happening in Egypt http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jc_pijXYi6E50wDepameI2ZTf9iAD97S7UPG2
It's not roflable  (no, I am not a vegetarian, and yes, I do eat pork often, but, still).

OMG!!!  I hadn't heard about this.  And the chickens too...  Wow!   

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 04:22:06 am »
OMG!!!  I hadn't heard about this.  And the chickens too...  Wow!   

As I said, not a good day in pigdom....

Richard

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2009, 05:23:31 am »
Check this one out.  Matt's was even worse than this.  Try to ignore the weird facial expressions

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_2Zp8KcCc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_2Zp8KcCc</a>

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing I remember this episode....Back then,Kyle turned it OUT!  Had Max all in a frenzy!  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

angel4peace

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 06:15:59 am »

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing I remember this episode....Back then,Kyle turned it OUT!  Had Max all in a frenzy!  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 02:04:47 pm »
'My Funny Valentine' is among the best songs ever put to paper. Approach with caution, and if you can't blow it out of the water, don't even try. He was passable, but Melinda Doolittle set the standard for Idols.

http://www.mademark.net/2009/04/adam-lambert-wins-it-or-gets-robbed.html

Matt did My Funny Valentine. Good try, Simon said it was absolutely brilliant, BUT I cannot help but compare it to Melinda Doolittle's masterful take on the song in Top 36 in Season 6, where I regard it as probably the best in the competition. Best of Season 6, definitely among there.
http://sporting-politics.blogspot.com/2009/04/american-idol-top-5.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:40:32 pm by Weezzy7 »

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2009, 03:19:53 pm »
Hi my friend backups i didn't put this topic to make a negative opinion on Matt. I did put that topic to show you how Melinda did make a impact on peoples about My Funny Valentine.  This was the reason of my topic. Matt did his best and i wishing him good luck for the future. Singing it is wonderful blessing. I can't sing so happy Matt have this blessing!!!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:23:17 pm by Weezzy7 »