Author Topic: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine  (Read 15025 times)

Indigo54

Re: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 09:23:18 pm »
You guys are very sweet! However, I don't think AI has an aversion to me. I did not turn them down for anything. I'm very glad people enjoyed MFV a couple years ago. I actually liked Matt's performance...especially the end. I don't think Jamie Foxx did him any favors by having him lower the song though. That's what made the top of the song a little loose. All in all, last night was awesome! I think this season on AI, they are mainly focusing on winners, those under 19 management or those signed to SonyBMG. It totally makes sense to me and I look forward to a time where I can get the chance to sing on that stage again. They have all been extra supportive of me, so I know it will happen soon. Love you and thanks for all your kind words of support. 

You liked that mess??   Yikes  Ahem, uh sorry.  Well...Ok...   But I'm still MAD.  I can't help it.   

Indigo54

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 09:27:33 pm »
Oh, I forgot...I wuv you Melinda.  So glad you came by.  And please don't believe anything anybody tells you about Indigo.  She's really a nice person but sometimes impersonating scoundrels post terrible things in her name. 

Tiernan

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »
You guys are very sweet! However, I don't think AI has an aversion to me. I did not turn them down for anything. I'm very glad people enjoyed MFV a couple years ago. I actually liked Matt's performance...especially the end. I don't think Jamie Foxx did him any favors by having him lower the song though. That's what made the top of the song a little loose. All in all, last night was awesome! I think this season on AI, they are mainly focusing on winners, those under 19 management or those signed to SonyBMG. It totally makes sense to me and I look forward to a time where I can get the chance to sing on that stage again. They have all been extra supportive of me, so I know it will happen soon. Love you and thanks for all your kind words of support. 

You liked that mess??   Yikes  Ahem, uh sorry.  Well...Ok...   But I'm still MAD.  I can't help it.   

Well, you know, Indy, I guess Mel knows what she's talking about  Out of mind Out of mind Out of mind  Matt's performance musta really rrr . . .  rrr . . rocked last night  Yikes  I mean, Melinda knows music . . .right?  Right?  Please tell me that Mel hasn't gone totally mad, he was good, right?  Tell me that I must have swimmer's ear or something so that I didn't hear that atrocity correctly last night.  Indy . . .Mel's lost her mind, hasn't she?  The pressure has gotten to her.  What are we gonna do?  She actually liked that mess.  Crying Crying Crying

angel4peace

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 09:35:14 pm »
I was thoroughly ticked off with Matt for daring to sing that song on AI.  He was off key half the time, those runs were so weak I thought he needed oxygen and there was no flow to it.  Worse that than, I don't think he has any idea what that song is about.  Is that his idea of telling a story?  To tell you the truth, I'm still pi$$ed about it.  Hopefully, some of his voters remembered Melinda's performance and were as offended as I was. 

I totally agree!  Thumbs Up Rock On sign Indie, you tell them!

Indigo54

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 09:37:02 pm »

Well, you know, Indy, I guess Mel knows what she's talking about  Out of mind Out of mind Out of mind  Matt's performance musta really rrr . . .  rrr . . rocked last night  Yikes  I mean, Melinda knows music . . .right?  Right?  Please tell me that Mel hasn't gone totally mad, he was good, right?  Tell me that I must have swimmer's ear or something so that I didn't hear that atrocity correctly last night.  Indy . . .Mel's lost her mind, hasn't she?  The pressure has gotten to her.  What are we gonna do?  She actually liked that mess.  Crying Crying Crying

I know, right?  Maybe we should start wearing ear plugs in the shower.   Dunno Dunno  Which door do I use to escape the twilight zone?  Freaking Out

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 09:39:27 pm »
Melinda, You know we'll always be protective of you.  So excuse all the negative thoughts we have of AI when we perceive they are not treating you right.   Big hug Big hug Big hug
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melrocks

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »
Thanks for setting us straight Melinda.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  I'm glad to hear that AI has treated you well and really hope that at some point we'll be able to watch you on their stage again.

I just went to watch your performance of MFV again and fell in love with it all over.  Cloud Nine Cloud Nine 

Matt made a mistake picking that song - not because he can't sing (though I didn't like what he did with the song), but because it was always going to lead to comparisons with your version.  That's a comparison he'll never win.

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 09:50:25 pm »
Thanks for setting us straight Melinda.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  I'm glad to hear that AI has treated you well and really hope that at some point we'll be able to watch you on their stage again.

I just went to watch your performance of MFV again and fell in love with it all over.  Cloud Nine Cloud Nine 

Matt made a mistake picking that song - not because he can't sing (though I didn't like what he did with the song), but because it was always going to lead to comparisons with your version.  That's a comparison he'll never win.
agree with Melrocks! Good kick on the b.... place the brain. Rolling On Floor Laughing I can't wait to see you back on the stage!!!!

angel4peace

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:32 pm »
To:  Matt

Thank you for the gift of press and blog-presence you've given Melinda this week.  I am sure you liked MFV.  We, the backups, LOVE it!  Again, thank you! Big hug

Jenn, you are so sweet!!! You said it perfectly! Jess, thanks for letting us the the Youtube views are going up!!!  Huzzah!
Louise, thank you for putting together the summary of all the quotes and blogs praising Melinda's MFV performance. I do not know what that boy was thinking singing that.. do you think he has never heard Melinda sing it?  Out of mind Out of mind

angel4peace

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 10:04:40 pm »

I agree with you MA! Thank you, Melinda,  for letting us know what is really going on. We are, and will always be protective of you! Glad to know that  you feel that AI is treating you well and fairly.

MA, I too, feel he made a mistake picking that song!
We love you Melinda, thank you for stopping by!!!  Heartbeat Heartbeat

I still think he was a hot mess in comparison , Melinda is so sweet and kind, not like us...

angel4peace

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 10:06:57 pm »

Well, you know, Indy, I guess Mel knows what she's talking about  Out of mind Out of mind Out of mind  Matt's performance musta really rrr . . .  rrr . . rocked last night  Yikes  I mean, Melinda knows music . . .right?  Right?  Please tell me that Mel hasn't gone totally mad, he was good, right?  Tell me that I must have swimmer's ear or something so that I didn't hear that atrocity correctly last night.  Indy . . .Mel's lost her mind, hasn't she?  The pressure has gotten to her.  What are we gonna do?  She actually liked that mess.  Crying Crying Crying

Out of mind Out of mind Out of mind Crying

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:12 pm »
Melinda, You know we'll always be protective of you.  So excuse all the negative thoughts we have of AI when we perceive they are not treating you right.   Big hug Big hug Big hug

Its just the motherly instinct coming out in all of us!!!    Blush   Wub

Vickster

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 12:03:08 am »
Mel, you're just too sweet!  I am sure they've treated you well, but when are you gonna show up on that stage again?   Yet this season?   Crying Crying  Please, I beseech thee,  I can't think of a more deserving contestant.  And RE: Matt's version of MFV.  We can't help ourselves -- any time we hear someone dare sing "your" song, they better be ready to knock it out of the park.  (Ain't gonna happen!   Thumbs Up  )    Like I said, that song should have been retired after AI season 6.  Love you and thanks for stopping by.   Bye bye

Indigo54

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 01:46:23 am »
WHERE THE bleep IS BERNIE?  Yell Yell Yell  I've been waiting all day!!!

Tiernan

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 03:01:06 am »
Well, the upside of tonight's results show is that the right person went home.  The downside?  We had to listen to Matt's terrible . . . er . . .um, terrific  Out of mind version of MFV again. 

hilarious