Author Topic: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine  (Read 15040 times)

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
Re: Melinda really on the spotlight in Media about My funny Valentine
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 03:52:31 pm »
Matt Giraud (My Funny Valentine). I love this song, but oh Matt. I know it's an unfair (and unofficial) rule that you shouldn't try to perform a song that's still memorable from seasons past. Melinda Doolittle killed this song two seasons ago, and any attempt at a remake is sure to be compared  
http://idolingalong.blogspot.com/2009/04/5-singers-5-songs-wet-episode.html

Matt Giraud "My Funny Valentine" The beginning was awful and the whole thing was nowhere near as good as Melinda Doolittle's superb rendition on season 6.
http://rantsofadiva.blogspot.com/2009/04/american-idol-recap-top-5-edition.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:55:34 pm by Weezzy7 »

OldSchool80s

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:03:35 pm »
It is great to hear that so many are referencing Melinda's killer performance of this song.  I was hoping hoping hoping that Simon would tell Matt that his rendition was "hideous, sorry" and that no one should do it since Melinda Doolittle did it to perfection in Season 6 . .or "if you really want to hear how that song was sung, listen to Melinda Doolittle", but then it was like the twilight zone and Simon said he was "brilliant".   Unbelievable Unbelievable Unbelievable Unbelievable Unbelievable

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 04:04:45 pm »
And I am P*$$#@ that the Judges didn't mention Melinda's version last night!  That's unforgivable.  Enraged

ITA, Vick.  What is wrong with them?  All the bloggers that Louise listed are talking about Mel's performance TWO SEASONS LATER!  C'mon.  And Simon!  I usually agree with him but he was totally drinking "Paula juice" last night.  Indy, Matt stunk up the room with that rendition.  Melinda wrung every ounce of meaning out of that song and made every person who heard it melt.  You should hear her sing it on this AI stars tour she's been on.  The woman is flawless. 

I agree SOOOOOO much with you and Vicki on this.... I was mortified when they didn't mention Melinda.  This is a beautiful post, Cathy.

I'm with you all.  I was absolutely expecting a mention, especially since they do it so often with others.  Sometimes I just really, really, REALLY do not understand them  Dunno
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 04:08:50 pm »
Adam looked like Liberace's pool boy.

Oh, my!
 Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

I don't even know who that Adam is because I'm not watching AI this year, but that comment made me laugh so hard.  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

The number of views on Melinda's MFV video on our You Tube Channel has increased considerably since tuesday.

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 04:10:46 pm »

The number of views on Melinda's MFV video on our You Tube Channel has increased considerably since tuesday.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 04:11:30 pm »

Oh, my!

I don't even know who thaa Adam is because I'm not watching AI this year, but that comment made me laugh so hard.  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Yup but they are focus in Melinda Song that some say this: I highly recommend you listen to Melinda Doolittle's version of "My Funny Valentine," on her recently released album Rolling On Floor Laughing Probably He want to say her single released http://housefrau.typepad.com/housefrau/2009/04/american-idol-april-28-2009.html Alot of Media post the video of Melinda: http://gagavideos.com/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine/816/    http://www.freefonefunnies.net/?p=112  http://www.v.3rbfree.com/video/8Dpb3vNsTd8/Melinda-Doolittle-My-Funny-Valentine.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:52:14 pm by Weezzy7 »

Indigo54

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 04:29:29 pm »

Oh, my!

I don't even know who thaa Adam is because I'm not watching AI this year, but that comment made me laugh so hard.  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Yup but they are focus in Melinda Song that some say this: I highly recommend you listen to Melinda Doolittle's version of "My Funny Valentine," on her recently released album Rolling On Floor Laughing Probably He want to say her single released http://housefrau.typepad.com/housefrau/2009/04/american-idol-april-28-2009.html Alot of Media post the video of Melinda: http://gagavideos.com/melinda-doolittle-my-funny-valentine/816/

Cool, there's the silver lining I was looking for.  Turns out Matt has brought the spotlight back to Melinda - where it should be anytime MFVis even thought about.  Now all I need is to see his no-singing behind cast out of the competition tonight.  Then I'll be completely satisfied. 

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »
Cool, there's the silver lining I was looking for.  Turns out Matt has brought the spotlight back to Melinda - where it should be anytime MFV is even thought about.  Now all I need is to see his no-singing behind cast out of the competition tonight.  Then I'll be completely satisfied. 

Yes; the other silver lining is that it has helped Allison, for which I already thanked Melinda here!

As I'm listening to Coming Back to You (Wonder Why)...
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 04:58:19 pm »
Thanks, Louise, for summarizing all the commentaries.  I just about fell over when I heard Matt was going to sing MFV.  I knew he would not do it justice and fall in comparision with Melinda's version.  He should have stuck with Mac the Knife or something.
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 05:10:41 pm »
To:  Matt

Thank you for the gift of press and blog-presence you've given Melinda this week.  I am sure you liked MFV.  We, the backups, LOVE it!  Again, thank you! Big hug
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Vickster

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 05:15:16 pm »
Jenn:   Way to say it.   Thumbs Up

Indigo54

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 06:04:35 pm »

Thank you for the gift of press and blog-presence you've given Melinda this week.  I am sure you liked MFV.  We, the backups, LOVE it!  Again, thank you! Big hug

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 06:13:12 pm »

LOL sign

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 06:25:40 pm »
hehehehehe
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 06:26:50 pm »
I've never figured out why AI is averse to Melinda.  She got as far as she did for being supremely talented, not from any favors from AI.
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

hilarious