Author Topic: Wow!!!!  (Read 15439 times)

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
Wow!!!!
« on: October 08, 2007, 03:49:33 pm »
Okay, so I don’t even know where to start here. Tonight is my birthday and I am having a blast. My family is in town and I had a dinner at my house for them. So, my mommy, daddy, other mom, sister, niece and best friends were at the house. We had such a great time, especially when we tried to teach my hilarious mommy how to text. You can imagine that the night was all laughs…except for when it was time for me to open the gifts. There were a couple of funny cards…I have to tell you about those later. You will love it! Then, I started to open gifts. I got some Chanel earrings and a necklace from my sister and niece which you know I put on immediately and then I got to the bag Janet had brought in with her….
Omigosh!!!! First of all, thank you Greg and Munique for your precious gifts. Greg, the necklace is beautiful and Munique the tribute is amazing! Thanks ILT for the beautiful flowers. Thanks Sally and Christina for coordinating and sending everything. Now to the part that made me cry. THE CHARM BRACELET!!!! Seriously? Seriously!  Unbelievable You guys have to be the most thoughtful group of people to ever grace God’s wonderful earth. I could tell that so much thought and planning went into this and I have no idea how you did it, but I am beside myself with gratefulness. The Bible with EPH 3:20, the high heel with Chanel, the music staff with Love your Backups, the flowers, the best friends with I love my Gayles, the Africa with MNM, the heart locket for me and my mommy and the Tiger are the best representations of this year’s journey.
Now, I know you have to be wondering why it took me so long to send this response. Well, it is now Monday morning and I spent yesterday at church, having family over for brunch and getting ready for the skating party with my friends that I had not seen all year. I will give you details on the party later. All of this was happening as I was trying to figure out a way to end this message with the most profound thank you ever.
I still have no idea how to be profound about it, but as I sit here with my retainer in, head wrap on and blinds closed  Blush, I cannot help but be so thankful to God for putting such wonderful people in my life…people that take me for who I am and then inspire me to become a better person. I know that I don’t deserve you all, but God mercifully put you here to have my back and I can’t tell you how much it is needed and how much it means to me. I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! Okay, so that wasn’t profound, but you get my point.   Thanks   Thank you!!!!      Huzzah!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:32:25 pm by Hephaestus »

Babz

Re: Wow!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:57:25 pm »
 Huzzah! you had a lot of people on edge last night waiting for your posting, though everyone knew you were partying and having well deserved fun  Thumbs Up

hope your day was fantastic!!

love you,   Big hug
Babz

jenprays

• Founding Backup #279
  • nice, congenial, spiritual
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:59:33 pm »
My heart is blessed. Thank you Melinda for sharing your birthday with us. You truly are a blessing and we all want to make sure you remember how uniquely special you have been made (and of course how much we love/support you).
I love being the mama 'cause I get to tell people what to do! Melinda Doolittle

crispy

• Founding Backup #465
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 04:00:25 pm »
Thankyou so much for taking the time to post this.  We are just so glad that you liked it.  It was so amazing to work with everyone on this project.  We were more than happy to make your special day the best it could possibly be and I hope we helped to accomplish that, along with your friends and family.  Janet is such a great person and she has become so special to Sally and Me.  Most of all we are so happy to join in your efforts to support MNM and help to save as many lives as possible.  We love you so much! Big hug

Christina

Great job to all the backups who worked on this amazing project! World Hug
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:37:59 pm by crispy »

Sally

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 04:05:06 pm »
Melinda, we love you and honored to be part of this amazing journey in your life. Hugs!

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:07:21 pm »
Melinda,
You deserve every bit of it.   So happy you got to spend some fun time with family and friends.    That is a blessing within itself. Treasure those moments.  They will always hold dear in your heart.

We are soooooo thankful and blessed to know you and to love you and that we were able to show that love and support in just a small way.  The bracelet is to remind you every day.. You have us to depend on for support. And we are truly your Backups-- in every sense of the word.....

We love you dearly.........

Holly- one of the Memphis Babes!!
 Big hug

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 04:10:21 pm »
Awww, you are too sweet!!  What a beautiful message!!  We will ALWAYS be here to "back you up!" You are the one who inspires all of us ... and I know everyone is just thrilled that we were able to give back to you, even if it was just in a small way.  I'm so happy you like the bracelet!! 

I'm so glad you had such a fantastic birthday!!  You deserve it!!  I hope the year ahead is just as amazing for you -- may it be filled with sunshine, smiles, and all your dreams come true!!  Heartbeat

Shari Smiley
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 04:10:56 pm »
It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family and friends!

I can't believe you finally have the bracelet... seriously.  Huzzah!

Everybody was so excited about it and we've been antecipating that day for like 4 months now, maybe more. Christina and Sally did an amazing job coordinating everything. And everybody who participated. Big, big thank you to Janet who were such an important part of the 'Bracelet Project'.

You deserve it.  Hug

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 04:11:58 pm »
Among all the gifts you received I hope the gift of love was felt the most! !   Big hug

NotUrGirl

• Founding Backup #12
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 04:13:16 pm »
Your birthday sounds like so much fun!  I can't imagine teaching mommy how to text, lol.  I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day, and once again, Happy Birthday!!!
Barb

Backups

• Founding Backup
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »
It sounds like you had a really good time for your b-day!
I hope it was a BLAST!

& you SO deserve all of it!

~Lea

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 04:14:36 pm »
I cannot help but be so thankful to God for putting such wonderful people in my life…people that take me for who I am and then inspire me to become a better person.

Melinda-- Many of us have tried to explain all the ways you inspire us.

For you to say that we inspire you.....well, I can't think of a greater compliment and honor than that.
Thank you Melinda. We are all so very grateful.

We love you so very much!
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and loved your bracelet. We have been sooo excited for you to receive it.
This will be an amazing year for you!!
Love you-- Heartbeat Heartbeat Heartbeat
Sara

ET_little7

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 04:21:08 pm »
Yesssssssssssss, i am so happy you love the gifts.  Melinda,  the love we have for you is truthfull.  I love the women you are, not only the singing i am talking about, you are great singer and i alway love to heard you singing.  Is you have something that others don't have really, this amazing spirit of God, we can feel. Trough your blog and comment, you return the love we have for you.   I also love the though you have about family, it is so  important.   Trough your personal blog we have make also a family, and this is great.  Have a blast with your friend and family and enjoyed the great gift God give to you.  LIFE.  Give my love to your mother and your family.  Have wonderful day. God Bless Backups 741 from Montreal, Canada. PS: Can see i am french by the way i wrote lol.  Sorry about that i will learn this is for sure.   Just to let you know if Tennessee wasn't so far from me.  I will be there in a minute to give you a hug.  You deserve all this thing, Melinda.  Carrying you in my heart.

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 04:25:52 pm »
For someone who thinks she cannot express her gratitude in a profound way....well, how much more profound can you be when you speak from the heart?   Rose  You deserve all the love and support you are getting because you have brought us so much joy watching you on your journey.  I love you and wish for another wonderful year ahead for you! Big hug
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 04:28:57 pm »
I'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday celebration with family and friends -- what could be better?  And also that you loved the presents.  More than anything, the bracelet and all the charms represent the love and gratitude the backups have for you and I hope you are reminded of that every time you wear it.  God bless and keep you!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:07:28 pm by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~