Author Topic: Janet Kenyon!  (Read 2925 times)

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
Janet Kenyon!
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:57:27 pm »
Rodney Atkins will be with his people at House of Blues
by Chuck Yarborough/Plain Dealer Reporter Tuesday February 03, 2009, 12:51 PM

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/friday/
Darron Cummings/Associated Press
Rodney Atkins spent the short layoff between his fall and winter tours with a vocal coach. The result is a more powerful voice delivering his anthemic hits, such as "These Are My People."

CONCERT PREVIEW

Rodney Atkins

When: 8 p.m. Friday.

Where: House of Blues, 308 Euclid Ave.

Opener: Robbie Jay Band

Tickets: $29.50 to $42, plus fees, available through Ticketmaster, call 216-241-5555 (Cleveland), 330-945-9400 (Akron).

Uh-oh. Look out country music world. Rodney Atkins is back and he's loaded for bear, courtesy of a new vocal coach.

Atkins, who's at the House of Blues Friday, had just come off the fall leg of his tour and was feeling a little strain as he headed towards his Nashville area ranch for the holidays. Who wouldn't, considering the guy has put out hits like "These Are My People," "Watching You" and the anthemic "If You're Going Through Hell (Keep on Movin')" and has been touring non-stop? Atkins was TIRED. And so, it seems, was his voice.

Janet Kenyon, who's worked with "American Idol" contestants like Melinda Dolittle, took up the challenge.

"It's amazing," Atkins said in a call en route to Texas from a tour stop in Denver last month. "We started from square one like I'd never sung a note in my life and retaught myself to sing. Turns out, I was making it harder to sing."

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
Re: Janet Kenyon!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 04:31:14 pm »
 Thanks Louise

That's very cool. 
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35:27 pm »
Uh Des...add Rodney Atkins to the list...he's one of my favorite country artists....  LOL sign

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:46:34 pm »
Rodney Atkins will be with his people at House of Blues
by Chuck Yarborough/Plain Dealer Reporter Tuesday February 03, 2009, 12:51 PM

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/friday/
Darron Cummings/Associated Press
Rodney Atkins spent the short layoff between his fall and winter tours with a vocal coach. The result is a more powerful voice delivering his anthemic hits, such as "These Are My People."

CONCERT PREVIEW

Rodney Atkins

When: 8 p.m. Friday.

Where: House of Blues, 308 Euclid Ave.

Opener: Robbie Jay Band

Tickets: $29.50 to $42, plus fees, available through Ticketmaster, call 216-241-5555 (Cleveland), 330-945-9400 (Akron).

Uh-oh. Look out country music world. Rodney Atkins is back and he's loaded for bear, courtesy of a new vocal coach.

Atkins, who's at the House of Blues Friday, had just come off the fall leg of his tour and was feeling a little strain as he headed towards his Nashville area ranch for the holidays. Who wouldn't, considering the guy has put out hits like "These Are My People," "Watching You" and the anthemic "If You're Going Through Hell (Keep on Movin')" and has been touring non-stop? Atkins was TIRED. And so, it seems, was his voice.

Janet Kenyon, who's worked with "American Idol" contestants like Melinda Dolittle, took up the challenge.

"It's amazing," Atkins said in a call en route to Texas from a tour stop in Denver last month. "We started from square one like I'd never sung a note in my life and retaught myself to sing. Turns out, I was making it harder to sing."

This concert have been done this post was February 3 2009 i did think to post it Because i love Janet she really sweetheart and she have also a amazing Voice!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 05:02:39 pm »
Uh Des...add Rodney Atkins to the list...he's one of my favorite country artists....  LOL sign

I'm so NOT suprised.  Rolling On Floor Laughing
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

hilarious