Author Topic: Idol Tour Concerts....Backups project.  (Read 9700 times)

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Re: Idol Tour Concerts....Backups project.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 12:54:03 am »
The March 21 Dallas date Thumbs Up

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:59 am »
The March 21 Dallas date Thumbs Up

Jena, usually when Melinda performs two nights in one city, we just get her a big, blowout arrangement for the first night.  Because it will last and still be in her dressing room for the next night.  Why don't you go in with Cathy on the Dallas bouquet?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 01:07:57 am »
Sure thing. Smiley

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 01:56:15 pm »
I'll need reeducation on how to do this in the case where I will actually be at the concert; last time, I was only "virtually" in Columbus, OH, and this time I will actually be there, and of course, unless Melinda herself speaks, it is the correct job of house security to keep flower-givers away...
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 05:49:25 pm »
 Thanks Everyone....down to just 3 more concerts to cover..... banana dance Dancing Banana banana dance Dancing Banana

Vickster

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:51 pm »
I'll need reeducation on how to do this in the case where I will actually be at the concert; last time, I was only "virtually" in Columbus, OH, and this time I will actually be there, and of course, unless Melinda herself speaks, it is the correct job of house security to keep flower-givers away...

Bern, just do it like you're "virtually" gonna be there.  Order them for the day of the concert from a Florist in Worcester, and have them delivered to the venue.  Don't take the chance they wouldn't let you in holding a bouquet of flowers.   Thumbs Up   LOL sign

P.S.  And be sure to let El know which florist, so she can mail the tag to them.

OldSchool80s

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 12:24:24 pm »
A lot of these venues are smaller places than the AI tour. I don't think you will have any problems. The bigger places are more difficult because Madonna and Beyonce play there and likely so many people are trying to sned this kind of thing so a lot less friendly.

When you call the florist, ask them if they have delivered to the venue. Also try to call the florist directly as opposed to going through one of those services. I think the flowers are always so much better if you go direct

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2009, 10:10:55 pm »
Yup, thanks Vick, thanks OS, I know the drill now.  No poem this time, though...
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Elcondado

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 02:12:04 am »
March 25th is the first concert that is looking for a flower donor....any takers?  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

And don't forget to PM me with your florist information after you complete the order so I can send out the MB.com tags   Thanks Thanks

OldSchool80s

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 09:18:28 pm »
How far in advance do you need to know the florist, El?

OldSchool80s

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:34 am »
Just an FYI, apparently the Glenside show may be cancelled.   Crying

Vickster

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 02:20:44 am »
How are we gonna know for sure?   Dunno

Elcondado

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 02:55:45 am »
How far in advance do you need to know the florist, El?

Probably 5 working days for the mail from the West Coast to get there...

OldSchool80s

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 02:15:20 pm »
I'll let you know what I am doing about the flowers in Morristown, but I may pick up the flowers myself in the City (where I can get the type of arrangement I want) and deliver them myself.  I am pretty sure I have the tags somewhere.  Thumbs Up

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 07:28:25 pm »
Well I ordered the flowers this morning for the Panama City Concert.... and I was telling Carrie (the assistant who I spoke to) who it is was for.... she said yes.. and told me about an article in the paper there and how NICE and Pretty she is/looks.  OPEN DOOR----- I told her about her humbleness and all......  Well I told her just "to do her thing" and she said she would do it up right.... She said she want charging me a delivery charge because I seemed so fond of Melinda and how I loved her and her talent... WOOOOO HOOOOO.....   She even said she was gonna try to deliver them to her herself, if the day permits.....

I am so thankful I have the ability, luck, feeling, or call it whatever to pick out good florists that always seem to be a melinda fan..or turn into a melinda fan!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

hilarious