Author Topic: I'm alive! (no response needed...just info) :-)  (Read 15625 times)

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
I'm alive! (no response needed...just info) :-)
« on: September 27, 2007, 11:46:37 pm »
…at least I think so…    Freaking Out
I just wanted to send you guys a note since I have been MIA recently. I am doing great, but I have not come up for air yet. I had to come on here and thank you all though. My last show of the tour was amazing for the simple fact that you all were so present. The scrapbook blew my mind, the flowers were amazing and the CDs of the pictures made me cry…happy tears. I absolutely love you all and am fully aware that I have the best support in the entire world. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am in Chicago right now and hopefully I can get to the point where I kinda catch up and get you all caught up on everything. I will try to post pictures and everything soon.
I love you,
Melinda
Mindy Doo
Mama Mindy
Me
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:11:23 am by Hephaestus »

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Re: I'm alive! (no response needed...just info) :-)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:48:59 pm »
I just wanted to send you guys a note since I have been MIA recently. I am doing great, but I have not come up for air yet. I had to come on here and thank you all though. My last show of the tour was amazing for the simple fact that you all were so present. The scrapbook blew my mind, the flowers were amazing and the CDs of the pictures made me cry…happy tears. I absolutely love you all and am fully aware that I have the best support in the entire world. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am in Chicago right now and hopefully I can get to the point where I kinda catch up and get you all caught up on everything. I will try to post pictures and everything soon.
I love you,
Melinda
Mindy Doo
Mama Mindy
Me

Thanks for letting us know you were still alive  Thumbs Up

Tiernan is still creating havoc

igabyy

• Founding Backup
  • Tiernan said: "Irma Is Right"
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:50:14 pm »
She's alive... she's alive!!  Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana

Thank you so much... These people were driving me nuts!!

See I told you all... have faith..  Thumbs Up

I'm so glad you got all the goodies Melinda. We miss ya lots!

igabyy

• Founding Backup
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:53:15 pm »

Scratch chin so shall we make this thread a 100-page one?   Scratch chin
We can keep Tiernan out of this one if that's what's intimidating you on the other one?  Innocent whistle

Chained to the Floor

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:57:24 pm by igabyy »

chris-play

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 11:56:51 pm »
Our Girl is alive ...  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Are we ready to start it all over again? Indigo, Tiernan, OS, Irma ... let's summon up and start working again   Thanks

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 11:58:06 pm »
After all she has been through--that concert series had to be a BEAR to endure--she finds the time and energy to come here and let us all know that she is doing well.  She is one amazing young woman and I am so dang proud to be one of her Backups!!

So, no pressure here, u understand, but where is that CD? Big hug
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

crispy

• Founding Backup #465
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 11:58:40 pm »
I love you,
Melinda
Mindy Doo
Mama Mindy
Me

Thanks for stoping by and letting us know you are ok.  We were hoping you were or or something.  Hope you can get some rest soon.  We love you!

Christina

igabyy

• Founding Backup
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 11:58:48 pm »
Are we ready to start it all over again? Indigo, Tiernan, OS, Irma ... let's summon up and start working again   Thanks

She didn't mean anything with that "no response needed" stuff right?   Out of mind

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 12:02:32 am »

She didn't mean anything with that "no response needed" stuff right?   Out of mind

Maybe she's afraid she'll not have the time to keep up and will miss too much!  Could this place be becoming an addiction for her too? Rolling On Floor Laughing
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

meldoo1

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 12:09:03 am »
thank you SO much for stopping by and letting us know what's up!  Hug
Know that we love you, not just for the amazing singer/performer you are, but also for the beautiful person you are.
We will all be here behind you, no matter where your life takes you!  Big hug
 Rose love you Mel!  Rose

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 12:11:58 am »
WOW...thanks for the updates... hope you will get your nap soon, though.  We'll always be here for ya! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 12:15:50 am »
I love you,
Melinda
Mindy Doo
Mama Mindy
Me

YAY! She's alive!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah! Huzzah!  Huzzah!

I'm so happy you liked the CD. It almost didn't get to you.  Freaking Out  *thank you, Vicki!*

As Donna (OS) once said, we sometimes feel like there's not enough love in the world to show you how much we care about you. But we try.  Rose

crispy

• Founding Backup #465
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 12:21:05 am »

Alan started it, blame him  LOL sign

Melinda, I would have listened to the no response thing really, but no one else was haha! You don't mind though right?

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 12:21:23 am »
I love you,
Melinda
Mindy Doo
Mama Mindy
Me

Melinda!!

It's so nice to hear from you!!  I'm thrilled to hear everything is going so well -- but I also hope you get time soon for some very well-deserved rest and relaxation.  I'm so happy for you at this most exciting point in your career.  You have so many opportunities, adventures, and experiences ahead of you -- I just know you're going to continue to do amazing things!!

I'm so happy to hear the last concert was so special for you!!  It was for all of us, too, even those of us who couldn't be there, because it was a chance to relive the past few months and all the wonderful experiences from the AI tour.  It was sad to see it end, but at the same time, exciting to see the next phase of your career begin!

I'm so thrilled to hear you loved the scrapbook, flowers, dvd, and cd!!  I've been so anxious to hear your reaction!! Smiley It was an absolute honor to work on that scrapbook with Maria, Jen, and Valerie.  As I said to Maria, it truly was a "work of heart."  As I wrote in the letter, you have done so much for us this summer, and it was truly a pleasure to be able to do this for you.  I loved working on my section of it (and working with such wonderful fellow backups!), and it means a lot to me that it means a lot to you.  You inspire us all to dream big, and I hope the scrapbook, flowers, dvd, and cd inspire you to keep dreaming big dreams, as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures that you mentioned!

Thank you again for taking the time to come on here and give us an update -- not many people would do that, but then again, we already knew you're one of a kind!!  Enjoy every single moment of this new and exciting part of your career -- but at least try to take some time for yourself, too -- you deserve it!!

We all love you too!! Heartbeat

Shari Smiley  
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

igabyy

• Founding Backup
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 12:25:54 am »

Alan started it, blame him  LOL sign

Melinda, I would have listened to the no response thing really, but no one else was haha! You don't mind though right?

For Melinda to post and ask us not to respond is like asking a dog not to lick himself...  Well DUH
we can't help ourselves...  Super excited