Author Topic: Concert Banner Exchange  (Read 4862 times)

angel4peace

Re: Concert Banner Exchange
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 06:31:07 am »

Here's the Banner!!!

That just made my day.....  Rock On sign

Yes, I think you made all our days.. thanks for taking the time to do that for us! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 11:51:19 am »
Greensboro, NC, Tuesday, Sept 11  ~~NEED SOMEONE PLEASE~~

I am still thinking about it, don't want to have to sit through all the other singers just to hear one song from Melinda.

I swear it's totally worth it when you see Melinda come out.  She just lights the place up.  And only a few are absolutely intolerable.  Most I could find at least one good thing to say about them.  I am even thinking about going again after last night.

And if you get good seats, and you have that banner, she will be looking right at you.  It's totally fun and fills your inner child with joy.

She is well featured in Everlasting Love, Proud Mary, Supremes wiht Kiki and then in a few other larger group numbers.

I agree completely wtih OS.
Rhonda you will not be sorry if you go. You must go and see Melinda sing live. That voice and her overwhelming presence makes it all worth while.
Lakisha, Phil, Gina and Jordin are also enjoyable.

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 03:42:09 pm »
Well OS I did check out the seats last night but I was unclear about how close I could get for her to see the banner.  Some prices were $175.00, OUCH !  But some seem to be (2) at $85.00 each so I don't know what's up with that, do I have to buy two?  The picture of the seating chart was a little unclear to me.  I guess I need to call to find out what is going on.  I will give it some more thought. 

OldSchool80s

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 05:03:52 pm »
Sometimes if you just need one seat, you can get a better seat at a better price since most people want at least 2.  You can totally hold up that banner by yourself, but if you go, I bet you could get the person next to you to participate in the fun . .unless a stick in the mud.

Is Craig's List big in your area? Lots of times you can get good prices there and find someone stuck wtih an extra ticket.  Best for her to see the banner is up toward the front on the floor.

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 06:59:14 pm »
Have you checked Ebay.............   

OldSchool80s

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 06:41:40 pm »
Here is the FINAL schedule for the banner . . .

Worcester, MA  Wed. Sept 5 protected by Bernie (Ship FEDEX PRIORITY overnight for Friday)

Philadelphia, PA  Fri. Sept 7  protected by Tiernan (Ship Sat for Monday delivery)

Greensboro, NC, Tuesday, Sept 11 protected by Rhonda (Ship Wed for  FEDEX PRIORITY overnight on Thurs at Holly's Memphis hotel)

Memphis, TN  Thurs, Sept 13  protected by Luvpway (Ship for SATURDAY delivery)

West Virginia  Sat, Sept 15  protected by Sara99 (Ship Monday for delivery on Tues)

Bridgeport, CT Thurs, Sept 20  back to me

If anyone has ANY questions about information for shipping and what special requirements may be needed to get banner to next person in time, PLEASE contact me.  Everyone should have ALL shipping information for next banner tour stop in their possesion at this time.  Names, addresses, phone numbers.

Remember that the banner is 24 inches long when rolled up.  I bought it a hard tube to keep it safe.  You will need special pacakaging for this sized package.  I shipped DHL and they had small tube packaging that was perfect for the size.

I would not bring the hard tube protector to the concert.  The top and bottom could too easily fall off and it is durable enough to withstand going to concert.  Fairly heavy duty vinyl.

I feel it is most exciting if you have good seats to wait to let Melinda first see it in the audience when she is doing her Supremes number with Kiki.  If I could store the smile she made when she first saw it then, I would be a very lucky person. But do what you feel is right.  Get a nice photo of her with the banner. Have her sign it again if you can.  Just make sure it is done in SHARPIE or it could smear.

Thanks!!  Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 07:06:29 pm by OldSchool80s »

OldSchool80s

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 03:37:35 am »
Hey, we are going to be able to squeeze in one more stop for our little banner thanks to Maria/Ghopper . . .  Please see changes in BOLD below.

Worcester, MA  Wed. Sept 5 protected by Bernie (Ship Thurs FEDEX PRIORITY overnight for Friday to . . .)

Philadelphia, PA  Fri. Sept 7  protected by Tiernan (Ship Sat for Monday delivery to . . .)

Greensboro, NC, Tuesday, Sept 11 protected by Rhonda (Ship Wed for FEDEX PRIORITY overnight on Thurs at Holly's Memphis hotel)

Memphis, TN  Thurs, Sept 13  protected by Luvpway (Ship for SATURDAY delivery to . . .)

West Virginia  Sat, Sept 15  protected by Sara99 (Ship Monday for FEDEX PRIORITY overnight for delivery on Tues to . .)

Hampton, VA, Tues Sept 18  protected by Ghopper/Maria (Ship Wednesday FEDEX PRIORITY overnight for delivery on Thurs to . . .)   Rocker

Bridgeport, CT Thurs, Sept 20  back to me

If anyone has ANY questions about information for shipping and what special requirements may be needed to get banner to next person in time, PLEASE contact me.  Everyone should have ALL shipping information for next banner tour stop in their possesion at this time.  Names, addresses, phone numbers.

Remember that the banner is 24 inches long when rolled up.  I bought it a hard tube to keep it safe.  You will need special pacakaging for this sized package.  I shipped DHL and they had small tube packaging that was perfect for the size.

I would not bring the hard tube protector to the concert.  The top and bottom could too easily fall off and it is durable enough to withstand going to concert.  Fairly heavy duty vinyl.

I feel it is most exciting if you have good seats to wait to let Melinda first see it in the audience when she is doing her Supremes number with Kiki.  If I could store the smile she made when she first saw it then, I would be a very lucky person. But do what you feel is right.  Get a nice photo of her with the banner. Have her sign it again if you can.  Just make sure it is done in SHARPIE or it could smear.

Thanks!!