Author Topic: Thank you!!!  (Read 9850 times)

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
Re: Thank you!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 12:25:12 am »
I'm so glad you had a great time, and I'm so glad some of the backups were there to support you! I wish I could have been there, sounds like it was a blast! I love you! Big hug
We did it!

angel4peace

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 04:49:08 am »
The show sounds awesome, so glad there were backups there for you!!!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by it means so much to us!  Rose
Wish I could have been there, however, hopefully, everyone will get to meet you next year on your CD release tour!!! World Hug World Hug

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 05:04:09 pm »
Hey, Melinda!  Bye bye

So glad you're having a great time! Hug

Now I want some detailed reviews from the Backups!  Super excited

Jessica, I asked Gem to write a review and I believe she plans to.  But I guess she is catching up on her sleep first.

I don't know why I come back home so tired after one of these trips   Rolling On Floor Laughing

chris-play

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 06:42:56 pm »
Why don't you write your own review ... Huh?

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:52 pm »
Hey, Melinda!  Bye bye

So glad you're having a great time! Hug

Now I want some detailed reviews from the Backups!  Super excited

Jessica, I asked Gem to write a review and I believe she plans to.  But I guess she is catching up on her sleep first.

I don't know why I come back home so tired after one of these trips   Rolling On Floor Laughing

Thank you, Rhonda!

I think you should write your own review.  Thumbs Up

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008, 12:09:28 am »
But Jessica, Gem writes so much better than I do.   Duh

Gem . . . wake up  Freaking Out    I've had two naps today in between yard work.  Rolling On Floor Laughing

I'll try to set some things up about the theatre (this is where Patrick would come in handy  Thumbs Up)

The location was the same complex where Melinda sang last year in Franklin.  As I understand it, it's an old factory building that has been renovation and turned into different shops, restaurants, etc.  The play was at the section called The Boiler Room Theatre.  The entrance was very, very small, maybe 8' x 10' if that big.  And that included the ticket counter where they sold popcorn, candy, sodas, water, etc.   There was a light rain and of course everyone was trying to squeeze inside.  When we went to our seats we passed through a curtain there in this small area.  The seats were like theatre seats, cushioned and maybe 10 to a row and I'm guessing 15 rows or so.  The seats were elevated, meaning the first row was not as high up as the last row.  So I don't think there was really a bad seat in the theatre.  But Backups are known for getting the best seats, we were on the second row.  The first row had "reserved seats" except for two seats on that row.  Holly and Kelley were forced to sit there . . .lol.  We were about 8' from the stage.

The stage was smaller than I expected.  I guessing about 20' to 25' across the front and about 20' deep if that big.  Over to one side of the stage one of the actors would play a keyboard when the other actors sang a song.  Of course there were props on stage such as a fireplace, chairs, Christmas tree (made to look like a room).  At each end of the stage were steps where the actors could even come out into the aisle at each end of the row of seats.  They did this a couple times.  Over to the left top corner of the stage was a TV screen where you could see the play as well.  Not sure why that screen was there really, I think people in the back could see the stage much better than they could the size of that screen. 

After the play and we exited back through the entrance, the actors were there in line to greet us.  So as everyone filed out of the theatre they could speak to the actors.  We all got hugs from Melinda but did not really have a chance to chat.

Hope this helps some.   Dunno

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 12:17:38 am »
But Jessica, Gem writes so much better than I do.   Duh

Gem . . . wake up  Freaking Out    I've had two naps today in between yard work.  Rolling On Floor Laughing

I'll try to set some things up about the theatre (this is where Patrick would come in handy  Thumbs Up)

The location was the same complex where Melinda sang last year in Franklin.  As I understand it, it's an old factory building that has been renovation and turned into different shops, restaurants, etc.  The play was at the section called The Boiler Room Theatre.  The entrance was very, very small, maybe 8' x 10' if that big.  And that included the ticket counter where they sold popcorn, candy, sodas, water, etc.   There was a light rain and of course everyone was trying to squeeze inside.  When we went to our seats we passed through a curtain there in this small area.  The seats were like theatre seats, cushioned and maybe 10 to a row and I'm guessing 15 rows or so.  The seats were elevated, meaning the first row was not as high up as the last row.  So I don't think there was really a bad seat in the theatre.  But Backups are known for getting the best seats, we were on the second row.  The first row had "reserved seats" except for two seats on that row.  Holly and Kelley were forced to sit there . . .lol.  We were about 8' from the stage.

The stage was smaller than I expected.  I guessing about 20' to 25' across the front and about 20' deep if that big.  Over to one side of the stage one of the actors would play a keyboard when the other actors sang a song.  Of course there were props on stage such as a fireplace, chairs, Christmas tree (made to look like a room).  At each end of the stage were steps where the actors could even come out into the aisle at each end of the row of seats.  They did this a couple times.  Over to the left top corner of the stage was a TV screen where you could see the play as well.  Not sure why that screen was there really, I think people in the back could see the stage much better than they could the size of that screen. 

After the play and we exited back through the entrance, the actors were there in line to greet us.  So as everyone filed out of the theatre they could speak to the actors.  We all got hugs from Melinda but did not really have a chance to chat.

Hope this helps some.   Dunno

See? It's so easy! I knew you could do it, Rhonda!  Thumbs Up  LOL sign

Thank you! That's how I love it, filled with details. Now, give me more! MORE!  Give a kiss

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 12:20:14 am »
Jessica, you are one of those that if someone gives you an inch, you want a mile.   Rolling On Floor Laughing   (have you ever heard that saying in Brazil  Dunno)

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 12:37:17 am »
Jessica, you are one of those that if someone gives you an inch, you want a mile.   Rolling On Floor Laughing   (have you ever heard that saying in Brazil  Dunno)

Yes, here we say 'if someone gives you the hand, you want the arm'  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

You know I love you!  Rose

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 12:44:13 am »
Love you too Jessica  Big hug

I haven't heard your saying before.  Rolling On Floor Laughing

Let me see if I can think of anything else.   Duh

sannmiller

• Founding Backup #734
  • aka shirley6700
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 12:59:22 am »
Thanks for the details, Rhonda!!
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart."  (C. Jung)

Sweet Dreams!!!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 01:19:11 am »
Thanks for all your wonderful stories!

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2008, 02:00:49 am »
Great set up details Rhonda..... Rock On sign and it was great seeing you this weekend....hope the trip home wasn't too bad...... Big hug

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 02:11:31 am »
 Thanks  EL . . great to see you also.   The trip was okay, a little long.  I enjoyed seeing the mountain peaks with a little snow on Sunday. 

Thank you for my present   Big hug

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 02:22:36 am »
Rhonda, glad you and Gem both had a safe trip home........   I put my car on autopilot when i left nashville today and woke up at my house...... I KNOWS its way coming and going....... LOL

So glad you got to join us this weekend......