Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 32234 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 11:56:47 pm »
I am sure someone will see this question and respond to it.  Jess, I am so happy to see you on here!!! banana dance
Aren't these icons fun!?
I'm so happy to be here!!!!

These icons are the best!!!!!!

We have our other administrator Reetta to thank for them.  Its 2:00am for her at the moment, so she will probably introduce herself tomorrow.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 11:59:28 pm »
One more thing. When you click on the banner on the top of the page, it takes you to 'www.melindasbackups.com' and not the first page of the site.

Vickster

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 11:59:46 pm »
Jess, Brand "X" had a "click here to view your message", and then you viewed it and were back to the same thread.  Just wondered if something like that was possible here.
Yes, me too.

I am not sure - I only have seen this particular package working within the last couple of weeks.   I probably first tried to get it set up on my own web site two weeks ago - and posting and stuff like that I am only just learning about.  We can learn together

No problem, Alan.  Just noticed that one thing.  I appreciate all your hard work, and I thank you. Everything else is so beautiful and this site is going to be just GREAT!  Woohoo!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:05:32 am by Vickster »

Vickster

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 12:01:44 am »
I was thinking... what do you guys think about changing the 'newspapers articles' to 'media articles' or just 'articles'? Because there are great articles on blogs and sites, not necessarily newspapers.

Now, that's a thought.  "Media articles"  is more broad.

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 12:03:11 am »
I am sure someone will see this question and respond to it.  Jess, I am so happy to see you on here!!! banana dance
Aren't these icons fun!?
I'm so happy to be here!!!!

These icons are the best!!!!!!

It's so Biblical, "You were here before the beginning!". We're so happy you're here!

One of the reasons for disorganization at Brand X was that people come along and start posting without any regard for what "the established conventions" are, either out of ignorance that there might be such conventions, or overt disregard/laziness about learning them.  For instance, newcomers would post commentary in a help thread, or start a new thread about Concert XYZ even though one existed already, but they didn't look for it.  Perhaps this happens in all net forums.
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 12:04:15 am »
Question.

Should we post pictures of after concerts and fan meetings on the concert and appearence section or on the pictures section?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 12:04:35 am »
One more thing. When you click on the banner on the top of the page, it takes you to 'www.melindasbackups.com' and not the first page of the site.

Wait 'till tomorrow - you will have a beautiful surprise

That is a fake page just to confuse passers by.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 12:07:20 am »
I was thinking... what do you guys think about changing the 'newspapers articles' to 'media articles' or just 'articles'? Because there are great articles on blogs and sites, not necessarily newspapers.

It sounds good.  I am not going to do it though because

a) its gone midnight my time and I will go soon
b) because everyone of the interim leadership team here can do it and ought to learn how. 

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 12:08:08 am »
F'rinstance, should the newspaper articles thread have commentaries/responses to the newspaper articles (such as I made on the other site), or just newspaper articles?  Assuming we choose the latter, how do we enforce it?  Or maybe just one thread per newspaper article?  We should be able to impose some organization over and above pure forum threads...

Vickster

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 12:08:15 am »
Question.

Should we post pictures of after concerts and fan meetings on the concert and appearence section or on the pictures section?

Well, I would think in concerts and appearances.   Yes?

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 12:09:46 am »
F'rinstance, should the newspaper articles thread have commentaries/responses to the newspaper articles (such as I made on the other site), or just newspaper articles?  Assuming we choose the latter, how do we enforce it?  Or maybe just one thread per newspaper article?  We should be able to impose some organization over and above pure forum threads...
I think we should be able to discuss the articles. That's the fun about it.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 12:11:41 am »

Lock the topic  Its one of the icons at the bottom of the post.  The Interim Team can lock anything, Anyone can lock their own post.

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 12:14:05 am »
I think we should be able to discuss the articles. That's the fun about it.

Well, of course, but the question is whether that should be in the same thread as the article, or whether convenience of finding articles is to be optimized.  But I guess we can have it both ways, one thread per article...

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 12:17:02 am »
Maybe a moderator could make a summary in one locked thread with the name of the article and the link to the thread, and edit it everytime a new article is posted.

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 12:19:35 am »
Maybe a moderator could make a summary in one locked thread with the name of the article and the link to the thread, and edit it everytime a new article is posted.

That's right, something like that, with the articles sorted by date, periodical, author (as known) (perhaps with custom server code, once I learn PHP  Wink)

hilarious