Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 32238 times)

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
Suggestions
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:15:20 pm »
I sent this as a PM to Irma, but I'm posting here because I want to hear (read) what you guys think of these.

I have some suggestions, please ignore them if it's too much. LOL
But I think that in order to organize the forum we need different sections for pictures, videos, and off topic.

General Melinda Discussion
Pictures
Videos
Concerts and Appereances
TV & Radio

I think it would be good to have a Welcome section, so people won't post 'hi i'm new' in other sections. A Suggestions section is always good too. Off topic section and maybe Games section.

And I think it would be good to have a section for charities.

What do you think?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:21:43 pm »

Pictures
Videos
Concerts and Appereances
TV & Radio

Jess - can you list the sections and then forums that you see

We have most of this - can you not see them (we may have the permissions wrong)

chris-play

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:29:36 pm »
I sent this as a PM to Irma, but I'm posting here because I want to hear (read) what you guys think of these.

I have some suggestions, please ignore them if it's too much. LOL
But I think that in order to organize the forum we need different sections for pictures, videos, and off topic.

Pictures
Videos
Concerts and Appereances
TV & Radio

I think it would be good to have a Welcome section, so people won't post 'hi i'm new' in other sections. A Suggestions section is always good too. Off topic section and maybe Games section.

And I think it would be good to have a section for charities.

What do you think?

Jessica,
we were trying not to make a carbon copy of the other site. Therre is a section called
"Melinda's appearances" which may be could be chanded in just "Melinda"
and then we could add in that section a "Melinda's discussion".
I think that everything else Melinda related is there.

I agree that a section "Suggestion" will help to keep those threads separated from other general topics

And the welcome section, always to avoid carbon copying, could be "Introduce yourself" or something like that

What do you all think ?

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:35:13 pm »
Jessica,
we were trying not to make a carbon copy of the other site. Therre is a section called

I agree that a section "Suggestion" will help to keep those threads separated from other general topics

And the welcome section, always to avoid carbon copying, could be "Introduce yourself" or something like that

What do you all think ?

Exactly. We don't want a copy of other sites. I'm just thinking about what makes it easier for navigation.
I just saw the other sections Alan mentioned. Pictures and Videos sections. Shall I start to work now? LOL

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 11:38:16 pm »
Jessica,

What do you all think ?

Exactly. We don't want a copy of other sites. I'm just thinking about what makes it easier for navigation.
I just saw the other sections Alan mentioned. Pictures and Videos sections. Shall I start to work now? LOL

Yes, please do --- we were hoping you would!

Perhaps we should hope for indices more organized than the other site, i.e., a page listed by concert/appearance with links to media from that concert/appearance.

I wonder, also, if we can avoid the trap of the other site where everyone (including myself) reads the "general" topic and misses content on other topics.  I'm not sure how to fix that.
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Vickster

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 11:41:15 pm »
Jessica,

What do you all think ?

I was thinking that; something that makes things easier to find, categorically.  Esp. what Bernie said about the concert appearances being more organized.  I always felt like I was all over the place at MF.   OK, Jess!  Go for it!  Yay! Woohoo!

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:42:36 pm »
Yes, please do --- we were hoping you would!

Perhaps we should hope for indices more organized than the other site, i.e., a page listed by concert/appearance with links to media from that concert/appearance.

I wonder, also, if we can avoid the trap of the other site where everyone (including myself) reads the "general" topic and misses content on other topics.  I'm not sure how to fix that.
I think it's very simple. We just have to organize things. Everything in their own section. On the other site, people don't visit the other sections because they know everything important will be on General section and they miss the tour pictures and videos, etc. And knowing that most people only visit the general section, people have the tendency to post off topic threads there just because 'everybody' goes there. We shouldn't let that happen here.

Vickster

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 11:43:35 pm »
Did anyone notice that after you post a message, it takes you back to the categories page.  Then you have to go back in the particular thread that you were reading.  Bern, Alan?  At least that's what mine does.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 11:44:24 pm »
Did anyone notice that after you post a message, it takes you back to the categories page.  Then you have to go back in the particular thread that you were reading.  Bern, Alan?  At least that's what mine does.
Yes, it happens to me. I like to see my post when I post. LOL

Vickster

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 11:45:47 pm »
Did anyone notice that after you post a message, it takes you back to the categories page.  Then you have to go back in the particular thread that you were reading.  Bern, Alan?  At least that's what mine does.
Yes, it happens to me. I like to see my post when I post. LOL

Jess, Brand "X" had a "click here to view your message", and then you viewed it and were back to the same thread.  Just wondered if something like that was possible here.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 11:47:05 pm »
Jess, Brand "X" had a "click here to view your message", and then you viewed it and were back to the same thread.  Just wondered if something like that was possible here.
Yes, me too.

Vickster

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:50:08 pm »
I am sure someone will see this question and respond to it.  Jess, I am so happy to see you on here!!! banana dance
Aren't these icons fun!?

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 11:51:37 pm »
I am sure someone will see this question and respond to it.  Jess, I am so happy to see you on here!!! banana dance
Aren't these icons fun!?
I'm so happy to be here!!!!

These icons are the best!!!!!!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 11:53:10 pm »
Yes, me too.

I am not sure - I only have seen this particular package working within the last couple of weeks.   I probably first tried to get it set up on my own web site two weeks ago - and posting and stuff like that I am only just learning about.  We can learn together

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 11:56:36 pm »
I was thinking... what do you guys think about changing the 'newspapers articles' to 'media articles' or just 'articles'? Because there are great articles on blogs and sites, not necessarily newspapers.