Author Topic: Plans for Melindas Birthday AND Christmas....  (Read 18616 times)

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
Plans for Melindas Birthday AND Christmas....
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:10:32 pm »
Hey guys..............

Well I have been chatting and getting ideas to some of you guys about ideas..... as well as getting ideas from Mom Marguerite, Janet, and Kelley........

This is my suggestion.......... Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Birthday.......... Melinda loves massages from a place in Nashville Kelley told me about....

Volcanic Stone Massage 1.5 hours ($135)
add Hot Stone Tmt on Hands and Feet 20min ($20)   AS PER KELLEY!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Christmas----  maybe a massage and a good donation to either the Scholarship or MNM.   

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any money taken up for her Birthday that exceeds the price will be put toward flowers for the October Event in Nashville....... and if there is any left after that............... But toward Christmas gifts.......

I am NOT trying to take charge... Just was suggested I post this.....    If we all agree.... People could either send me money paypal or snail mail... or throw it in the air and let the next hurrican bring it to me...... LOL

ANY COMMENTS< SUGGESTIONS< ETC

Babz

Re: Plans for Melindas Birthday AND Christmas....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:54:40 pm »
Great idea Holly!!!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 04:47:34 pm »
Melinda does love her massages!  I vote we get her that for her birthday.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:11:04 pm »
Hopefully we can collect money for MNM at her birthday as well and make sure a donation goes to MNM with the flowers like we use to do.  Maybe not spend a lot on the flowers (they die and we could save a life).   I know doing the scholarship, her birthday and Christmas can be a little much for some of us.  Just don't want to lose focus on MNM.  Well, that's my two cents.

xldb

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:16:52 pm »
Hopefully we can collect money for MNM at her birthday as well and make sure a donation goes to MNM with the flowers like we use to do.  Maybe not spend a lot on the flowers (they die and we could save a life).   I know doing the scholarship, her birthday and Christmas can be a little much for some of us.  Just don't want to lose focus on MNM.  Well, that's my two cents.

I totally agree.   Thumbs Up
Founding Backup #705

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »
OK..... Here is my Paypal....... luvpway@yahoo.com

or you can PM me a request for snail mail.....

Dont worry Rhonda.. we surely wont forget her heartbeat at MNM.. PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 05:28:41 pm »
 Thanks

Sally

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 05:33:14 pm »
Massage, good idea.  But, how about donations to the scholarship fund this time around Huh??

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 05:42:22 pm »
I definitely vote for the massage.  But let's choose which charity we give to.  I vote for the scholarship for the b-day and MNM for Christmas. 
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 05:45:46 pm »
Great ideas!!! I'm down.  Big hug

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 12:05:44 am »
When is our deadline for getting $25,000 into the Scholarship Fund?

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 12:41:50 pm »
Great idea!

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 01:37:27 pm »
I vote that we give any extra money to the scholarship fund. The marathon is a large donation drive for MNM and that will hopefully be a yearly event.
I don't see the need make additional donations to them throughout the year when we are sooooo very far from our goal for the scholarship.
We can put our focus on MNM when the marathon rolls around each year. We really need help with the scholarship.
Just my opinion.

Just a reality check--We still need almost $17,000.00.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 01:45:45 pm by Sara99 »

Vickster

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:47:02 pm »
I agree, Sara.  We must reach that goal of $25,000 before the end of the year.  I feel Mel would be honored to just have donations to the Scholarship be her birthday and Christmas gifts.  We could send her some type of card from all the Backups, telling her about what we did for those occasions.  As to flowers or massage, perhaps that could be a gift when her CD comes out.   Lightup

JMO, too.

chris-play

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 01:50:14 pm »
I vote that we give any extra money to the scholarship fund. The marathon is a large donation drive for MNM and that will hopefully be a yearly event.
I don't see the need make additional donations to them throughout the year when we are sooooo very far from our goal for the scholarship.
We can put our focus on MNM when the marathon rolls around each year. We really need help with the scholarship.
Just my opinion.

I agree 100% with Sara on this. We need to start and complete projects, not let them sit there.

MNM is associated now with the marathon, so I would not focus on extra donations to that charity until next year. Especially because we still have a long way to go to reach the minimum amount necessary to at least start the endowment fund. The goal we have is to reach the $25,000 by the end of the year, so that a student can start enjoying some help with the Academic Year 2009-2010.

We know that Melinda appreciates this effort and she is proud of us for having thought of something so special for young music students in need of help. The LT and the Scholarship Committee are working to raise funding outside our group, too, but there is a lot that we as Backups can still do.

As Indigo did with her dolls, we can all think of a little project to raise money for the scholarship with a deadline on Melinda's birthday ... I think this is where we should go as presents for birthday and christmas.