Author Topic: Local Radio Stations  (Read 11887 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Local Radio Stations
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:06:36 pm »
Call or email your local radio station asking them to play Melinda's CD.

Angel/Nicole has provided the following information:

If you're looking for a radio station or television station, we have the information you want. The site features a searchable database in which you can find exactly the broadcast station information for which you're looking.
   Search for a Radio Station
Search by market, state, area code, call letters, AM/FM, or format.
   Search for a Television Station
Search by market, state, area code, network affiliation, or channel.

http://www.amfmtvonline.com/

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
Re: Local Radio Stations
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:02 pm »
OK.. question..... it is easier to call/write the radio stations asking them to play Melinda.. OR to go and hand deliever Melinda CD to them.... it is worth the money to get her name out there..... I have about 6 I will be contacting......     Which is the best way guys............Remember I live in Mississippi....... we are the last ones to know anything!!!!!!!!!!!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:32:57 pm »
OK.. question..... it is easier to call/write the radio stations asking them to play Melinda.. OR to go and hand deliever Melinda CD to them.... it is worth the money to get her name out there..... I have about 6 I will be contacting......     Which is the best way guys............Remember I live in Mississippi....... we are the last ones to know anything!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it all digital now?  I would think they could download her single in 5 seconds flat.  You just need to call or email and ask them to play it!  LOL sign
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 11:38:08 pm »
OH WOW................ thanks so much Des... You just saved me alot of footsteps.....  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 11:44:42 pm »
I tried requesting MFV to one of my local radio stations but they never played it.  Hopefully, it'll work for her new single.  Dunno

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 03:47:54 am »
Hey- this is a great idea, but usually singles have a seperate "impact" date when they are released to radio stations. Jordin's "tattoo" dropped about 4 weeks before it was officially dropped to radio stations. But request anyway so they know its coming!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 04:02:19 am »
Hey- this is a great idea, but usually singles have a seperate "impact" date when they are released to radio stations. Jordin's "tattoo" dropped about 4 weeks before it was officially dropped to radio stations. But request anyway so they know its coming!
Thats a good point!  I just don't know when her single will be out.

OldSchool80s

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 06:30:50 pm »
I think this is the biggest way for us to make an impact.  The more they hear from fans, the better the chance they will play it.  Don't forget to call XM and Sirrius so that it goes on the satellite channels as well.

The following XM channels might be appropriate for Melinda's CD

25- The Blend
26 - Flight 26
30 - XM Hitlist
60 - Soul Street
64 - The Groove
22- The Mix

http://www.xmradio.com/help/emailus.xmc?ch=22

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 07:57:32 pm »
None of those are exactly mainstream stations, though.

OldSchool80s

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 09:50:20 pm »

If you know some other XM channels that might be appropriate for Melinda's CD/single, please note them.  I am not familiar with each of these channels, but they sounded like they could be appropriate.  I am most familiar with 22-The Mix.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 10:43:43 pm »

If you know some other XM channels that might be appropriate for Melinda's CD/single, please note them.  I am not familiar with each of these channels, but they sounded like they could be appropriate.  I am most familiar with 22-The Mix.
What exactly are XM channels?

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55:28 pm »
OS, every one of those channels you mentioned would be appropriate for her CD, depending on the type of songs she puts on it.  I think Soul Street and The Groove are your best bets, but it wouldn't hurt a bit to Email them all.  I'm familiar with all of them. Smiley

Erin, XM channels are from XM satellite radio, which reaches a nationwide (and Canadian) audience of about six million people.  So it wouldn't take the place of mainstream FM radio yet, but six million is a lot of people to reach all at once if Melinda's songs are played there.

OldSchool80s

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 01:24:22 am »
Jena, I love XM.  And thanks for letting me know that the channels I suggested would be good for Melinda.  I wasn't sure. I wind up listening a lot to 70s and 80s.   HAR

When the CD is out, we can start hitting those channels with requests.

Now that I have XM, I almost never listen to regular radio. I think the audience will get bigger and bigger.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 01:31:15 am »
OS, every one of those channels you mentioned would be appropriate for her CD, depending on the type of songs she puts on it.  I think Soul Street and The Groove are your best bets, but it wouldn't hurt a bit to Email them all.  I'm familiar with all of them. Smiley

Erin, XM channels are from XM satellite radio, which reaches a nationwide (and Canadian) audience of about six million people.  So it wouldn't take the place of mainstream FM radio yet, but six million is a lot of people to reach all at once if Melinda's songs are played there.
Oh ok, I have satellite radio, then since I have satellite TV.  Thumbs Up

JerseyBackup01

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 03:11:10 am »

Wait, her music is out now? I haven't heard anything.  Dunno

hilarious