Author Topic: Marathon Present  (Read 3320 times)

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Marathon Present
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:49:37 pm »
Hi guys!! This idea just came across me today, so sorry that it is very late notice!!

Melinda is going to be in Detroit right after the Marathon, so I was planning on making her a photo album full of pictures from the weekend and giving it to her. Today, I thought of another idea.

Wouldn't it be neat if people participating in the marathon (including cheerleaders!) and other backups inspired by the marathon write Melinda a letter about their experience? You can send them to me and I will put them in a book for her and give them to her when I see her April 30th.

For example, I am going to write mine about how awesome it is that she inspired us to care about and take action with Malaria No More and I'm going to write about my experiences at the marathon.

So, if you want to write your letter before the marathon, that's cool, just PM it to me or email me (pm me for my email address)
If you are going and want to either bring it to me there or handwrite your letter there, that is fine too. Just make sure you give it to me at a time where I will be able to put it away and not let anything happen to it. (I'll have my backups tote bag with a folder for the letters)
OR you can wait until after the marathon and PM/email it to me BEFORE Wednesday the 30th at noon.

Thanks guys!  Big hug

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Re: Marathon Present
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:08:51 pm »
I'll write one Megan, and I'll PM the letter to you.  It may be close to the 30th though, because I still have to write a letter for Melinda's mom.  Great idea!
 Super excited

Babz

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:33:48 pm »
That sounds awesome Megan!! She'll love it!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 10:21:01 pm »
I'll write one, Megan!  But it will have to be after the marathon event.  I will just PM it to you.  Thanks for doing this!  Awesome idea!   Big hug
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dingingstar324

• Founding Backup
  • Baby Backup
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 10:45:05 pm »
I will write one Megan!  I'll send it to ya' in a PM! Thanks and great Idea!  Big hug
Late Night \\\\\\\"Weekend Vamp\\\\\\\"<br /><br />

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 11:43:31 pm »
Can I write one? I can give it to you by tomorrow

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:48:32 am »
Great idea Megan...count me in...after the marathon... Thanks

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:49:44 am »
Hey everyone if you still want to do this try to send it to me ASAP- I think she would love it! If you want me to just print off your review/thoughts you posted on the board, that's okay too! Just let me know!!  Big hug Big hug

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:51:27 am »
Sorry to be so late in finding this one.  Megan, I know Melinda appreciated that.   Thumbs Up

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 06:47:25 pm »
Wow, I'm with Rhonda! I didn' see this until today! I bet Melinda loved that...I would have loved to have been iin on this, I just wish I would have seen it in April not July! Duh
We did it!