Author Topic: Fun, smart and healthy ways to approach fundraising! Our Backups rock!  (Read 11314 times)

chris-play

Various Backups have started personal projects to raise funds for our Melinda Doolittle Music Scholarship at Belmont University. It is amazing how creative they are!

- Donna, our Athlete # 2 in residence!, is training for the “November Space Coast Marathon” and she will be raising funds for the Scholarship fund! Way to go Donna, you are awesome.  Huzzah!
But this is not all, she is also planning a bake sale at her local grocery store. They allow people to sell stuff outside the store for good causes, and she will most likely do it during Halloween time.  Thumbs Up

- Indy, one of our artists in residence!, is auctioning her wonderful dolls at work and she has also involved her husband … what they wouldn’t do for Melinda!  Rolling On Floor Laughing You can see her beautiful dolls at page three of this thread
http://www.melindasbackups.com/forum/index.php?topic=2247.30

- Rhonda, well, she found a way to raise money without too much effort, the only secondary effect is that her head is by now as big as a water melon …  Yikes Yikes No, don't worry, she is still hanging in there and ready to receive hundreds of slaps! Rhonda, do you realize that we are all having so much fun slapping you and hiding our slaps all around the boards?  Slap Slap

- Sally and Alexis are … crazy!!!  Out of mind They are having a chat marathon that will keep them awake on August the 12th from 7 pm to 7 am!  Yikes They will be in the chat room and need all our support! Pop in if you have time, if you cannot sleep, or simply set the alarm to be there with them even if for a short time! They have sponsors backing them to raise funds for the scholarship, but we can all contribute, too. It will be a long night, they will probably need all the vamps on the site!  Super excited

Is anyone else doing a personal project? If so, please post it in this thread, so that we can back you up and give you all needed support!

Go Backups Go!  Super excited Super excited

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Re: Fun, smart and healthy ways to approach fundraising! Our Backups rock!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 02:23:28 am »
This might be an idea for Donna's bake sale.  I've seen places online that will make personalized chocolate bars.  I wonder if you could have some candy made that says something about malarianomore.org or melindasbackups.com, or the marathon. (Oh wait, sorry, this is for the music scholarship. Duh )  Sleep issues strike again! LOL sign  Well, the concept is the same anyway.  I know absolutely nothing about fundraising, so maybe this wouldn't work, but if it's anything you're interested in, Donna, PM me, and I might could help you at least with the cost.  I just thought that everybody likes candy, and that's something they'd be apt to buy, so why not put an additional message there? (or on the wrapper, I think they personalize those too.)

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 02:03:26 pm »
Thank you guys so much for coming up with such fantastic and original ideas.  Thumbs Up
We really appreciate all of you putting for the extra effort to help make the scholarship a success.

THANK YOU!  Grouphug

Sally

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:11:11 pm »
Aww, Thanks guys. We Backups Do Lots!  WE are a unified group for sure!

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:31:08 am »
Backups rock!!!!!!!

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 06:34:04 am »
Backups rock!!!!!!!

JESS.

Your new avi and siggy are SO cute!  Thanks

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:19:02 pm »
Backups rock!!!!!!!

JESS.

Your new avi and siggy are SO cute!  Thanks

Thank you, Megan! Hug

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 03:08:28 am »
Here are some cakes I made a few years ago for a neighborhood party. It was around Halloween time and the cakes were door prizes.
I thought I would make some similar for my bake sale. I actually may just take orders for cakes and cupcakes so I know how much supplies to get. I already ordered the cake containers from online and got my creepy crawlers to decorate with. So I am ready to start baking. What do you think I should sell the cakes and cupcakes for? All the money will go to the Scholarship Fund.

Melrocks

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 04:53:29 am »
Donna,
Those cakes are absolutely fabulous!  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

I don't know what cakes go for in your part of the world, but I know that here, you'd have to pay upwards of $50 per cake at the local supermarket for similar ones to yours.  You go girl! Thumbs Up

chris-play

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:11:29 pm »
Donna!!
You are a woman of many hidden virtues ...  Rolling On Floor Laughing
I did not know you were a baker too ... Those cakes are amazing!
This is a wonderful way to build up the scholarship fund.
Thank you so much!!! Big hug

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 01:08:20 pm »
Donna, those cakes are wonderful!!!!

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 01:25:35 pm »
Great job on the cakes Donna  Thumbs Up   

tell Miss Prissy I'm still looking

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »
YUMMY............

the cakes look "boodelicious"

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 07:31:51 pm »
Yum!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 07:37:58 pm »
Great work!