Author Topic: Calling for ideas  (Read 5303 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Re: Calling for ideas
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 03:21:10 pm »
. I'm off to check out Facebook.  Huzzah!

Look for the Melinda's Backups group on facebook.  Holly, Dani, Babz and myself are members (I can't remember if there is anyone else?)
I think I'm a member.

You are - but Babz and Dani are not - shame on them  Brick wall

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 08:06:23 pm »
. I'm off to check out Facebook.  Huzzah!

Look for the Melinda's Backups group on facebook.  Holly, Dani, Babz and myself are members (I can't remember if there is anyone else?)
I think I'm a member.

You are - but Babz and Dani are not - shame on them  Brick wall
Then try & get them to join!!!

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 11:05:00 pm »
I have a couple ideas....

If you go to a concert or show where you think the audience would also enjoy Melinda's music, pass out flyers while waiting in line or when everyone is leaving that advertise her album (this works really well if you go see another Idol alum...Sam passed out stuff for Blake when we saw Phil, and also when we saw Jordin, and people totally loved it.)

Go to coffee shops/campus/wherever with your i-pod and have people listen to MFV or melinda's single she is releasing. ask them what they think and then tell them about her album.

Change your myspace/facebook picture and status to promote it.

Post on AI.com, idolforums, mjs blog, livejournal communities..anywhere that has anything to do with idol

Chris Sligh usually promotes his fellow Idol castmates. I'll post a comment in his blog

TALK TO OTHER FANBASES!!! Blake has a new fansite www.idolbored.com where they people are really cool and much less teeny bopper. Sam is pretty much one of the lead people over there, and I know she will help promote Melinda.

Great Ideas everyone..
We can send out emails on my space and face book to all of our friends and have them help promote her cd too as well as the bulletin ideas. Smiley email them and ask them to send out a bulletin as well. Smiley
We can also get posters or pictures once her single is out.. and we can post them up places.
Love you heaps! Smiley

angel4peace

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 10:54:27 am »
Ning is another very big social network that many people are joining we could start a Melinda site there too!
We have the list some where of all the addresses and phone numbers for local radio stations.
I love all the idea's.
I think the one of buying another song so it will show up as a recommended was a great idea.
Maybe we can make a list of other singers for people to download when they buy Melinda's Tracks

Jennifer Hudson
Lakisha
Leona Lewis
Jordan Sparks

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 11:14:47 am »
I'll buy Jordin and whoever else on Itunes to support Melinda within that genre, but I think there are an awful lot of people who would love her if they ever just heard her.  What if we bought songs in several genres; Tony Bennett, Gladys Knight, Jennifer Hudson, etc?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 11:21:44 am »
I'll buy Jordin and whoever else on Itunes to support Melinda within that genre, but I think there are an awful lot of people who would love her if they ever just heard her.  What if we bought songs in several genres; Tony Bennett, Gladys Knight, Jennifer Hudson, etc?

I think we need to co-ordinate a bit.  3 people buying Melinda and a standard other person will more likely reach the top of the pile, then lots of us buying Melinda and random other people.  So if organise ourselves into groups of 3 people (obviously buying other music we like)

angel4peace

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 11:29:20 am »

I think we need to co-ordinate a bit.  3 people buying Melinda and a standard other person will more likely reach the top of the pile, then lots of us buying Melinda and random other people.  So if organize ourselves into groups of 3 people (obviously buying other music we like)

That is what I was thinking , great minds do think alike.  Rolling On Floor Laughing
I think we make a list of singers who's fan's are likely to love Melinda when they hear her. Once we have that list then we split into groups of 3 or 4 ( as Alan stated) and all buy the same song and Melinda's song.
I started the list with people who are have an album out now or are touring.
Jordan
Leona
Lakisha
Phil Stacey
Gladys Knight
Johnny Lang
Tina Turner ( I think she is touring this year)
Jennifer Hudson
Tony Bennett

hilarious