Author Topic: And the flavor winner is ...  (Read 11357 times)

angel4peace

Re: And the flavor winner is ...
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 10:35:08 pm »
Sounds good to me, both ways!
Around here m Jena, they call it a Brown Bonnet. They dip the cone in melted chocolate and then it hardens, however, it still drips , so you need that cup!

When I lived in NY a man came around twice a day with a push cart and Italian ices.... yummmy, Lemon was my favorite and it was so refreshing in the summer.

I like Hagen Dass, Ben and Jerry's and in NY they had one called Fru@#$@ I cannot remember the name but that ice cream was amazing.
I always thought about going to Vermont and working for Ben and Jerry's , you get free ice cream, problem is , that within a few months I would weight
300 pounds!  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 08:04:07 am »
I've heard people say that if you work at a pizza parlor, in a bakery, in an ice cream shop or candy store, etc., you eventually "develop a tolerance" so that you don't eat all the time.  I'd have to see it to believe it.

angel4peace

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 07:19:33 pm »
 Thumbs Up Ditto, the women who work at the bakery shop down the block , have not developed a tolerance or dislike of pastries! Neither have the women who work at Cee's candy store at the mall.  I need more proof Jena!  Rose Rose

Jena

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 07:49:10 pm »
Oh I'm with you, Angel.  It's Unbelievable Unbelievable I think whoever told me that was Out of mind

angel4peace

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06:06 pm »
Oh I'm with you, Angel.  It's Unbelievable Unbelievable I think whoever told me that was Out of mind

All this talk about ice cream dipped in chocolate, candy and pastries is making me  Super excited Super excited Super excited Freaking Out Freaking Out Freaking Out
I wonder how far it is from the house to the grocery store... hmmm, I wonder if I can make it with my crutch ...Ben and Jerry dreaming!

Jena

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 11:55:41 pm »
Do you have a Schwan's delivery truck in your area?  You can get a great variety of ice cream from them, frozen yogurt, treats, sherbet, anything you can think of.  My only complaint is their Rocky Road has peanuts rather than almonds, but that can hardly be categorized as a complaint.  You can get desserts there too, pies and cookies, and all kinds of entrees, fruit, vegetables, side dishes, etc.

angel4peace

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 01:14:21 am »
Never heard of it but I will look into it , thanks Jena!  Rose

Jena

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 02:10:18 am »
Go to schwans.com, for the full catalog, info, and ordering.

meldoo1

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 02:41:51 pm »
SWEET!!!   Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm glad that flavor won.  I have some in my freezer right now. Mint chocolate ANYTHING is always a good time.  right Dani?!?!?!? 

Really  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing I do not know why I do not like Mint Ice Cream,  I love the new Three Musketeer Mint Dark Chocolate Bar
I love French Vanilla, Pecan Praline Ice Cream, Heath Bar Crunch, even Green Tea ,  Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying, Sorry Melinda, Sorry Ladies.. I just cannot eat it!

definitely! Ben and Jerry's mint chocolate cookie was always one of my faves.....
I worked at a video store years ago, that was conveniently located near a Newport Creamery, me and my friend Lauren used to get a mint choc awful awful with choc jimmies,  every night we worked together... Drooling
and just ask Dani what my favorite candy is.. LOL sign
I have this slight obsession with mint chocolate..... Yikes
but..it must have been meant to be, because I voted for Mint Karaoke Cookie, and  won an iPod nano from Edy's!!  Dancing Banana
but that's okay if you don't like it Angel, we still love you.... Hug

Babz

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 06:34:02 pm »
Go Stacia!  Super excited woo hoo  Dancing Banana

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 07:50:14 pm »
... and  won an iPod nano from Edy's!!  Dancing Banana

Stacia

Cool  Thumbs Up

angel4peace

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 05:40:56 am »
SWEET!!!   Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm glad that flavor won.  I have some in my freezer right now. Mint chocolate ANYTHING is always a good time.  right Dani?!?!?!? 

Really  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing I

but..it must have been meant to be, because I voted for Mint Karaoke Cookie, and  won an iPod nano from Edy's!!  Dancing Banana
but that's okay if you don't like it Angel, we still love you.... Hug[/color]

Yay Stacia, hon, IPod Nano from Edy's!  Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! banana dance banana dance banana dance
I am a good backup and voted for it, just can not eat it.... sorry Dunno Dunno
So glad you still love me... and I have not lost my backup status...  Big hug Big hug

happybackup

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 05:33:37 am »
I also voted for Melinda's favorite, then I noticed the contest to win an icecream party for 100.  On a lark, I typed in an entree, and two days ago I learned that I won one of them!!  It will be August 16.  Wish Melinda came with it.  Hope her favorite flavor is one of the flavors they send.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 06:15:53 am »
Lucky you, Stacia!  The only thing I won from Edy's was a coupon for free ice cream from them.  Cheeky

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 07:56:14 am »
I also voted for Melinda's favorite, then I noticed the contest to win an icecream party for 100.  On a lark, I typed in an entree, and two days ago I learned that I won one of them!!  It will be August 16.  Wish Melinda came with it.  Hope her favorite flavor is one of the flavors they send.

100 people - where are you going to find so many  Dunno 

If Melinda were coming you'd be killed in the stampede from this place, all trying to gatecrash your party.  Rolling On Floor Laughing

hilarious