Author Topic: Melinda In Detroit-Review Added!  (Read 7051 times)

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Melinda In Detroit-Review Added!
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:31:34 pm »
Sam and I got to Kroger around 3:00 or a little before…yeah we were really early. We got in line and we were first…would you expect anything else? We were standing there for a while and more and more people started coming. All of the sudden, we hear someone yell “MEGAN!” we both looked over and there’s Melinda, waving anxiously! Kelley is right behind her and literally jumped up and down and said “Hi Megan!” with a big smile.  We went up to the table and I handed Melinda her gift and said “I have stuff for you”. As Melinda opened her gifts, I handed Kelley her thank you card (with a starbucks gift card inside) and the funny picture of Melinda hugging the sweaty runner. Kelley thanked me, cracked up, and then showed the picture to Melinda, who also cracked up. Then Melinda said thank you for the book of letters, and she opened the photo album. She got really excited and said she couldn’t wait to read the letters and go through the pictures. Then I asked her to sign an 8x10 picture of her and I from Saturday, and she wrote “Megan- You absolutely rock. I love you. Melinda”. She asked if I wanted one of the Dreyers pictures and I said sure why not. So she put her usual “Megan- Dream Big. Love ya! Melinda”. Sam talked to her for a bit and had her sign some things and then Kelley asked if we were taking pictures with her. I went first and I started to walk away after the picture but Melinda grabbed me and hugged me and said she was so glad I was there. Then Sam took her picture and Melinda hugged her. We stepped aside and talked to Kelley for a bit. Kelley said to wait until the line died down a bit or wait until the end to get back and talk to Melinda some more. She also told us we were adorable about 309e420 times. “ya’ll are adorable”. The whole time Kelley was talking to us she was rubbing my arm. Sam and I told her we were gonna go grab some starbucks from the Kroger and then we’d be back. We did just that! We found our friend Lauren who we met when we met Jordin and Blake in Dearborn. As Lauren was talking to Melinda we talked to Kelley more. Kelley said that they tried SO hard to get me to win the Ice Cream Party, and that they told the Dreyers people if they pulled the name Megan to let them know ASAP. She was so funny and cute and told us all about her opinion on Idol (but made me promise I wouldn’t post it) and stuff. Someone came up to the table and asked Melinda if it was true her album was coming out in June…Melinda said “um..sorry Megan, sorry Sam..” as she looked over at us, then turned back to the woman who asked her and said “probably not”. Kelley turned to us and said “it’s going to be more like July…or August”. I told Kelley if it was going to be July that July 29th was the perfect date. Kelley said she would remember that. It was getting closer and closer to 5:30, so Sam and I  hopped back in line. As we got towards the table, the security guard looked at Melinda and said “I know I don’t have to tell you their names”. And Melinda said “MEGAN! SAM!” she signed my songwriting book, a picture for my mom (she wrote “Penny- you have the greatest daughter ever! Thank you! <3, Melinda), and some more stuff for Sam. Then she told me to come around the table and give her a hug. I walked around and she squeezed me so tight. As I pulled away she asked if I got her myspace comment. I said I did, and that it made me smile. (It said ? My only solace is that I get to see my banana today. Can’t wait!) she hugged me again and I looked at her, she had the SADDEST look on her face. I told her to have fun at the ice cream party and to have a safe flight. She said she would try to have fun and that she will. She said she was sad and that she would hopefully see me soon. We turned the corner and Kelley was standing there about to cry. She started to give me a hug and I said hold on, I want  a picture with you first! I got a picture with her and then she gave me a big hug and asked if I was going on the cruise. I said no and she was so sad, and said that she will hopefully see me soon and thanked me for coming.  Then she patted me on the head and said “my little banana!” and gave me another hug. It was REALLY sweet of both of them. I was honestly like really blown away that they were so sad to see us go. It meant a lot! I hope that Melinda has had a chance to read our letters! Love you guys so much, now I am off to bed!

really quick- we were first in line, Melinda yelled my name (and we didn't know who would possibly know me until we turned and saw her) she was REALLY sad to see us go, and we spent a lot of time with Kelley. Okay more later I promise!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:34:15 am by mcaro05 »

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
Re: Melinda In Detroit
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:34:51 pm »
YAY!!!! Thanks so much sweet, Megan!!!! I love the pics and I love you!!!  Big hug
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:36:23 pm »
Okay, check back later for a full review-

Here we go again.  Details later  Crying Crying Crying Crying

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:09:42 am »
Okay, check back later for a full review-

Here we go again.  Details later  Crying Crying Crying Crying

Crying Crying Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Babz

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:14:46 am »
yay Megan!!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:32:16 am »
YAY!!!!   Megan, you rock!  OK.  More details later.... I know.   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:32:51 am »
Great pics Megan.............. cant wait for more......... Big hug

Gemini2

• Founding Backup #510
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 01:46:12 am »
More details Later........How Nasty!!!!!!!

You could call you know....I'm still waiting since MONDAY!!!!!!!!!

I have more Soap!!!!!

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 01:49:46 am »
That is the marathon phrase............

MORE DETAILS LATER> LOL

Sally

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 02:03:31 am »
Thank you Megan.

crispy

• Founding Backup #465
Re: Melinda In Detroit-Review Added!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 04:45:48 am »
AWWWWWWWW  Crying Crying Crying

Banana I wish you were coming on the cruise with us.  We have to plan another backups reunion soon or I may have banana and pickle withdrawls  Dunno

Big hug

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 06:44:11 am »
Great review & pictures, Megan!  Thumbs Up

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 07:19:09 am »
Yay, Megan!  I miss banana, too! Big hug Big hug Big hug  Thanks for the review and thanks for giving the letetrs to Mel. Thumbs Up
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Valerie

• Founding Backup #395
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 07:49:49 am »
That's awesome, Megan! Thanks for sharing all that. Love you!
   Vegas Vamp

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 12:59:28 pm »
So happy for you Megan.............. Great review.............. I know you all had a blast....
I miss MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Crying Crying Crying Crying