Author Topic: Bentonville, AR news article (Edy's Tour Stop 7)  (Read 2109 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Bentonville, AR news article (Edy's Tour Stop 7)
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:30:13 pm »
Former American Idol Contestant in Northwest Arkansas
Reported by: Carley Gordon

Wednesday, Apr 9, 2008 @11:42pm CST

Wednesday, Melinda Dolittle was in Northwest Arkansas promoting Edy’s five new idol-themed ice cream flavors. One lucky local won a contest sponsored by Edy’s. Her prize was a personal concert from Dolittle.

Fayetteville’s Carla Romere couldn’t contain her excitement when she saw Dolittle pull up to her house. Romere won an online contest, and as her prize, Dolittle performed an in-house mini concert. The winner says she’s loved Dolittle since she first her sing on idol. Romere says, "We never missed an episode, and honest to goodness, we picked Melinda to win."

Romere and twenty-five of her closest friends shared Edy’s ice cream with the idol star, but they were even more thrilled to hear Dolittle perform their favorite songs. Dolittle says she was pumped up about the concert too. She says, "This is the fun part you know, like, this is where I get to hang out try to be as comfortable as possible, even though i get nervous and, you know, just have a really good time."

While Dolittle may be all about her fans and her new Arkansas friends, she says she also enjoys the ice cream. She says, "For some reason I really feel like it helps me sing better, so I always have a bite in between songs.”

When we asked Dolittle who she thinks will win Idol this season, she said, she changes her mind every week, and this week, she’s pulling for Jason Castro.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Tiger

• Founding Backup
Re: Bentonville, AR news article (Edy's Tour Stop 7)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:54:22 pm »
Thanks, Des!  Thumbs Up
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 04:29:37 pm »
Thanks Desi............ Thanks Thanks

sueintucson

• Founding Backup #676
  • intelligent, diplomatic, inquisitve, serene
    • Melinda Doolittle Backup
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:01:18 pm »
Thanks, Desiree!  Rose

Too bad they couldn't spell her last name correctly.... Dunno

Sue

www.myspace.com/sueintucson

Stand often in the company of dreamers:
  they tickle your common sense & believe you can achieve
  things which are impossible.
          maryanne radmacher

Sally

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:12:06 pm »
Thanks Desiree. Good find!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 06:34:02 pm »
Thanks, Des!  Finally, a decent article on the AK stop of the ice cream tour.  Thumbs Up
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:15:39 am by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

angel4peace

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 09:26:45 pm »
Nice article Desi, thanks for posting it. So, Melinda likes Jason - interesting...

hilarious