Author Topic: Melinda Comes to Atlanta!  (Read 4718 times)

melindatoo

• Founding Backup #218
Melinda Comes to Atlanta!
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:03:32 am »
Well, I can now say that I have met Melinda!  What a fun day!  My neighbor and I took off for Kroger early - didn't want to get stuck in any traffic.  We were so early that we had time to peruse Big Lots for an hour or so.  Anyway, we got back to the Kroger with about 35 minutes to spare.  I was the first person in line!  I've never been first for anything!!  Well, when Melinda came in, everybody applauded (as well they should!).  She came in and greeted a lady that I later found out was Tascha Houston.  She was a dancer with James Brown for years.  Ms. Houston was there with her manager and said that they came to encourage Melinda since she was such a great new talent.  Then Melinda came to the signing table and she looked up at me.  I told her I was a backup and she asked me if I was Melinda, too!  I said I sure was and she gave me a big hug (just like y'all said she would).  She introduced me to Kelly as well.  I told her that the backups wanted a report and pictures.  She said, "well, let's give them some pictures."  My neighbor, Gwen, took some pictures with my digital camera...which I have no idea how to upload here.  Maybe someone can help me with that.  There was a steady stream of folks the whole time - I stayed til nearly 5:30p.  I figured as long as I was there, might as well make the most of it!  Melinda was so kind to everyone.  One man talked to her for quite some time and came away wiping his eyes.  He told me that every time he hears her sing, he cries and that she was so very nice to speak with him.  She had no problem at all signing numerous photos and smiling for tons of pictures.  She was interviewed by a guy from the AJC (Atlanta newspaper) and by Fox5 Atlanta TV.  One of the girls at Kroger told me that Melinda had been to a 2 hour "concert" meeting at the Kroger headquarters already today, then was doing the signing, and that the ice cream party was this evening in Decatur.  She's a busy girl!!  It was a wonderful day -- I'll remember it always! Thumbs Up

http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/idol/entries/2008/03/26/326_melinda_doo.html

Hope I didn't forget anything....
-Melinda,too-

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
Re: Melinda Comes to Atlanta!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:08:11 am »
sooooooooooooooo happy for you Melinda too..... Isnt she amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! banana dance banana dance banana dance banana dance

Dingingstar324

• Founding Backup
  • Baby Backup
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:12:50 am »
Aww I'm so glad you finally meet melinda! She gives the best hugs doesn't she? Big hug Big hug Big hug
Late Night \\\\\\\"Weekend Vamp\\\\\\\"<br /><br />

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 01:15:00 am »
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you met Melinda!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 01:17:19 am »
YAY, Melinda!!!!  You finally met her and got your big ole hug!   Thanks for sharing!!!!   Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 01:46:20 am »
First in line!  Well, where else would a backup be?   LOL sign

Wow, you learned some interesting stuff - about Tascha Houston and the Kroger "concert meeting".  Thanks so much for the recap.   Thanks

Now about uploading those pictures ... do you have them on your PC yet?  Your digital camera should have come with a cable or tell you what type of cable you need to transfer pictures from your camera to your computer.

Once you get them on your computer, you can upload them to a free hosting site such as photobucket.com.  Photobucket will put the img link that you need to post, right below the picture.  Just copy and paste the img link.  Although you may want to resize them first by clicking Edit above the picture.  Give it a try and if you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to PM me.

So glad you got your hug  banana dance 
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Sally

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 02:06:23 am »
Mellinda I am so happy you met our Melinda D. Isn't she awesome. Gives the best Hugs ever! Can't wait to see some pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 02:34:53 am »
Yay, melinda met melindatoo!  Thumbs Up  Isn't she awesome?
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 02:48:59 am »
So glad you finally got to meet Melinda, Melindatoo!  Big hug Huzzah!

sueintucson

• Founding Backup #676
  • intelligent, diplomatic, inquisitve, serene
    • Melinda Doolittle Backup
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 02:49:38 am »
Melinda,

I'm really happy that you met Melinda &  got that special hug!   Big hug

Thanks for the great report!   Thanks   Rose  And I hope you can get the photos up.  We love photos!  Huzzah!
Sue

www.myspace.com/sueintucson

Stand often in the company of dreamers:
  they tickle your common sense & believe you can achieve
  things which are impossible.
          maryanne radmacher

Labelle

• Founding Backup #692
  • Charming,Expressive,Unselfish,Sanguine
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 03:44:23 am »
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us Melinda Big hug
  I want to be all that I am capable of becoming....(Katherine Mansfield)

Dani

• Founding Backup #364
  • Grey's Anatomy<3333
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 04:00:54 am »
So happy for ya Melinda!!

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 10:56:31 am »
Melinda, I am so glad that you got the chance to finally meet Melinda!!! It sounds like you had a great time! Thank you also for posting that link. Melinda looked gorgeous, and so cute with those kids! I can't wait to see your pictures!!!
Love, Lexi Big hug
We did it!

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 12:18:31 pm »
I'm so happy for you, Melinda!!!

As Des was saying in the chatroom the other day, melindatoo met melinda2.  LOL sign

If you want you can send the pictures to my email and I'll upload them for you.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 01:04:24 am »
Melinda asked me to post her pictures, so here they are:

hilarious