Author Topic: Jacksonville, FL News Articles (Dreyer's Tour Stop 4)  (Read 3432 times)

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
Jacksonville, FL News Articles (Dreyer's Tour Stop 4)
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:39:21 am »
'Idol'-izing Ice Cream

By TYLER FORT -- The Times-Union, The Times-Union

American Idol finalist Melinda Doolittle will be in town today, but it won't be to talk music. It will be ice cream on her mind.

Doolittle, who placed third on last season's American Idol, will be at the Winn-Dixie at 11701-10 San Jose Blvd. from 3 to 5 p.m. to promote new Idol-related flavors of Edy's ice cream. The company has five flavors vying for a permanent spot in its lineup.

There will be taste-testings, the chance for one fan to win a private performance that night and probably a little Idol chatter.

"I get to hang out with fans and say thanks for helping me through tough times this past year," Doolittle said recently in a telephone interview. "I love holding the babies. It's my favorite part."

Since her appearance on the show, Doolittle has visited Zambia with Laura Bush and the Malaria No More organization. She has also performed at the White House and the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Special. She is also working on her debut CD.

She said she is excited about the new batch of contestants on Season 7 of American Idol because she knows "what type of opportunities happen after the show."

"It feels awesome to watch them," she said.

Just don't ask her to pick a favorite. She said she changes her mind every episode.

"I have a new favorite every week," she said.

Doolittle and fellow Idol-er Chris Richardson have been hitting the road for Edy's Slow Churned, which is having its second Idol-style flavor competition. There are five flavors being sold through September, but just one of them will live on after that, based on public response.

The flavors are:

- Cheesecake Diva: A blend of cheesecake, brownie bites and fudge swirls.

- Cookies N Dreamz: Chocolate ice cream with chocolate cookie pieces.

- Mint Karaoke Cookie: A mix of mint and chocolate cookies.

- Most Orange-inal: Vanilla with orange sorbet swirls.

- One Split Wonder: Banana ice cream with fruit and fudge.

Those who go online to slowchurned. com before Tuesday, April 29, will have the chance to win tickets to the American Idol finale and other prizes. Voting on a favorite flavor ends Saturday, May 31.
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
Re: Jacksonville, FL News Articles (Dreyer's Tour Stop 4)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:36:53 pm »
This is my favorite part.  She was cute holding the babies  LOL sign

"I get to hang out with fans and say thanks for helping me through tough times this past year," Doolittle said recently in a telephone interview. "I love holding the babies. It's my favorite part."

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:48:49 pm »
I am so glad more and moer people are finding out how busy she has been since the AI Tour.  Thanks, Maria for another great find!  Huzzah!
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Sally

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:14:01 pm »
Wow, and I get to see her in about 3 hours. I am just super excited. Details will come later, PROMISE !!!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 06:33:40 pm »
Wow, and I get to see her in about 3 hours. I am just super excited. Details will come later, PROMISE !!!
Have an AMAZING time, Sally.  Love ya!  Big hug

Melrocks

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:34:01 pm »
Looking forward to the details Sally!  Super excited Super excited

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 06:41:24 pm »
I cant wait to hear about the experience either.   My Mom went to pick up Sally and they are riding together to go meet her.  So I will get 2 stories..... wooo hooo

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 11:33:51 pm »
I was going to scan the article but it seems that it's online since you posted it.  Bye bye
"You have a wonderful scream" - Melinda

Labelle

• Founding Backup #692
  • Charming,Expressive,Unselfish,Sanguine
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 01:28:09 pm »
Thank you Maria Big hug
  I want to be all that I am capable of becoming....(Katherine Mansfield)

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 01:39:39 am »
Thank you for posting this Maria. I think that now every time a baby backups sees Melinda we should jump in her arms and say "you saisd holding the babies was your favorite part, so here ya go." Just kidding! Lol Rose
We did it!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 03:32:05 am »
Thank you for posting this Maria. I think that now every time a baby backups sees Melinda we should jump in her arms and say "you saisd holding the babies was your favorite part, so here ya go." Just kidding! Lol Rose
LOL sign

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 03:58:00 am »

Cool idea, Lexi!  Go for it!   HAR
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

hilarious