Author Topic: Scholarship Donations  (Read 8332 times)

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
Re: Scholarship Donations
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 12:37:46 am »
That sounds great.. Now, I just need to decide wehn and IF I wanna get stuff together to go rob the Bank...  LOL sign LOL sign LOL sign LOL sign

Sally

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:49:22 am »
Holly,   NAAAAAAAAA .  How about if we win the lottery. That would be so so cool.

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 01:31:22 am »
Got my form printed out.  Wish I knew where the Scholarship web page is.  I read the "sticky" at the top of this section and that's not it.  Would be nice to have a link  Duh

Also, the form has "Send Gift Acknowledgement to:"  What should I put on that line?

Never said that you said my legs were shorter.   And you know what I am calling you right now.

Now, I know that you have problems with one eye, but the other is working ... and my signature is quite large ... why don't you read what it says??? And why don't you click on it??
I thought that there is a thread with the link, however, Miss Rhonda, I will make a sticky thread for you!  Slap

Thanks . . . . I took a short nap while you did this for me.  However, did you notice I edited my comment and added the question:

"Also, the form has "Send Gift Acknowledgement to:"  What should I put on that line?"

Hope you feel better  Thanks

chris-play

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 01:41:52 am »
I am feeling OK thanks, almost ready to go to bed and tomorrow will be a new day  Thumbs Up
I am pretty sure that you do not have to fill that part in, as the Scholarship account is now established, but if you really want you can address it to
Sarah Davis at the Belmont School of Music.

PS: did you see I  put the stickey?  Cheeky Cheeky

chris-play

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 01:46:33 am »
That sounds great.. Now, I just need to decide wehn and IF I wanna get stuff together to go rob the Bank...  LOL sign LOL sign LOL sign LOL sign

Yikes Yikes ... wait a moment ... we are not insured for robbery ...  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 02:03:15 am »
I am feeling OK thanks, almost ready to go to bed and tomorrow will be a new day  Thumbs Up
I am pretty sure that you do not have to fill that part in, as the Scholarship account is now established, but if you really want you can address it to
Sarah Davis at the Belmont School of Music.

PS: did you see I  put the stickey?  Cheeky Cheeky

Don't mean to be picky . . . but the way it's worded it is like they want to send an acknowledgement to someone at Melindasbackups.com, not to someone at Belmont.  I can wait for an answer tomorrow puny.  Sleep well   Bye bye

And yes, I saw sticky  Thumbs Up

chris-play

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 02:08:17 am »
No, Rhonda, it has nothing to do with Melindasbackups, we receive regularly an updated list of the donations through the Development office. That line is if you want someone to be acknowledged, but in our case it is not necessary, because it automatically happens.
And thank you for thinking about doing this monthly donation! It is a great commitment and we all appreciate it  Thumbs Up

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 10:29:24 pm »
I just wanted to report that I was able to make a donation from the UK via telephone. It was just a question of leaving a credit card number.  The person I spoke to knew all about the scholarship and Melinda, and wanted to know how I had heard.

Sally

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 10:51:56 pm »
Thanks Alan ! Big hug

chris-play

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 10:58:37 pm »
I just wanted to report that I was able to make a donation from the UK via telephone. It was just a question of leaving a credit card number.  The person I spoke to knew all about the scholarship and Melinda, and wanted to know how I had heard.

Great Alan!! I was wondering if it was really functioning via phone from aborad and you answered my question!
We need to show the people at Belmont University that the Melinda's Backups are for real and really start building up the endowment fund!
I have already done a donation, too, and I plan to follow Sally's project and donate something each 1st of the month starting with May (the amount will vary according to the availability I will have month by month).

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 04:45:48 pm »
Sent $25 today. Anyone care to match me? Waving

Melrocks

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 09:13:47 pm »
I just wanted to let everyone know that I've made my donation to the Melinda Doolittle Scholarship fund at Belmont.   LOL sign

I made it in honour of Melinda, of course,  Well DUH but also in honour of our wonderful Geegles, who is leading the effort to raise money for this scholarship.   Big hug

It is the fun loving Italian's birthday later this month, so what better birthday present than a donation to help a struggling student live his/her dreams.   Huzzah! Huzzah!

I know that with the backups all working together we can reach that first milestone of $25,000 to set the endowment up. Nothing is beyond the limits for Backups power!  Rock On sign Rock On sign

Every little bit helps, so if you can give, please do!  World Hug

chris-play

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 09:24:46 pm »
 Wub Wub Wub Thank you Mary Ann  Heartbeat  Heartbeat I am honored that you thought of me while making your donation  Hug
Believe me, I can certainly appreciate the joy of that student who will be the first one to take advantage of the Melinda Doolittle Music Scholarship  Huzzah!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 09:36:22 pm »

I know this was a while ago, but in actual fact it took another month to make it happen - just a question of misplaced credit card numbers, but involved e-mail messages and transatlantic phone calls.   Brick wall

Melrocks

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 09:56:14 pm »

I know this was a while ago, but in actual fact it took another month to make it happen - just a question of misplaced credit card numbers, but involved e-mail messages and transatlantic phone calls.   Brick wall

Yikes Yikes Yikes  I made my donation via a telephone call and credit card as well Alan.  I hope that I don't have similar difficulties.  Brick wall Brick wall