Author Topic: Scholarship Donations  (Read 8331 times)

Babz

Scholarship Donations
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:20:52 pm »
Hi All,

The committee thought it would be great if we could share with each other our dedication to Melinda and her scholarship by posting on this thread when we have made a contribution to the scholarship fund. It is up to you whether you want to post how much you contributed, and if you don't feel comfortable doing so, we completely understand. If you would rather just post that you donated that is fine as well.

I have contributed 25.00 to the scholarship. I am also trying to reach out to family and friends to increase that number.

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
Re: Scholarship Donations
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:44:49 am »
Thanks Babz for sharing your donation.  I agree that it will be fun to start seeing the donations add up.  Soon, we will get a static page set up under the Scholarship page, and we will keep a running total going, so we can all easily see how we are doing.  I made a donation at the end of last year, and will go back and make a monthly donation for the balance of this year.  I really want to make this happen for Melinda, and for some deserving students.....so don't think we are only looking for big donation amounts....every dollar will help us acheive our goals....so all donations are important, and all contibutors are valuable.... Huzzah! Huzzah!

We are also talking about being able to make an announcement soon that we hope will encourage all Backups to go out and collect as much money as you can......so stayed tuned....I think you will all be VERY excited....... Super excited Super excited 

Thanks Backups....it's so important to keep doing the work that let's Melinda know we have her back..... Big hug World Hug Melinda on Top of the world

chris-play

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 12:23:03 pm »
Thank you for starting this thread Babz.
Yes, we need to have an idea of how things are going. This will help us to understand how much work we actually need to do to reach our goal. Like Cathy/Elcondado, and a few other backups, I have already donated at the end of last year. We contributed before the actual launch of the Scholarship, because we needed some money to open the account at Belmont University.
As El said, all donation amounts count, so do not feel that you have to contribute hundreds of dollars  Thumbs Up
Making a donation is easy: click on my signature and follow the instructions on our web page ... it will take only a few steps and you can help make a difference  World Hug

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:09:23 pm »
This is such a wonderful way to pay tribute to Melinda.  Thumbs Up
I donated $50 and plan to make future donations.
No donation is too small. Every dollar helps take us closer to our goal.
Please help if you can.
Thanks! Thanks

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:33:04 am »
We are also talking about being able to make an announcement soon that we hope will encourage all Backups to go out and collect as much money as you can......so stayed tuned....I think you will all be VERY excited....... Super excited Super excited 

Thanks Backups....it's so important to keep doing the work that let's Melinda know we have her back..... Big hug World Hug Melinda on Top of the world

We have now been given the go ahead to make the announcement  .... that all backups who raise or collect money in the Big, Bigger, or Biggest amounts, will also be able to reap the rewards of the incentives...so if you organize a fundraising event, or get your friends and family to donate, or use your imagination to raise funds for this cause, you too can collect the following:

Big Dreamers: $100 to $249: Backups will receive recognition certificates signed by Melinda.

Bigger Dreamers: $250 to $1499: Backups will receive a thank you phone call from Melinda Doolittle.

Biggest Dreamers: $1500 and up: Backups will be invited to have lunch with Melinda Doolittle.
                                               (Lunches will be at a place and time chosen in agreement with Melinda, and may include multiple donors.)

So gather your bundles of money in any way you can think of.  Make sure you attach a note to let Belmont know that you are the one who has collected the money, so that you will be given credit towards the Melinda incentives...Happy gathering Backups....

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 05:45:28 pm »
Can you make monthly or quarterly donations and get credit at the end of the year for the total amount contributed?  Or is this too much record keeping for someone Dunno

Melrocks

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 06:32:17 pm »
Rhonda,
It is a pretty common way of donating to scholarships to make a pledge and then pay that pledge monthly or quarterly.  Belmont can report out the amounts raised for the scholarship to us and let us know how much has been donated by whom.   And that would mean that when you paid your total pledge amount, you'd get your reward!  I'm sure that Cris can find the answer for you, but my guess would be that this is possible.

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 07:07:38 pm »
Rhonda,
It is a pretty common way of donating to scholarships to make a pledge and then pay that pledge monthly or quarterly.  Belmont can report out the amounts raised for the scholarship to us and let us know how much has been donated by whom.   And that would mean that when you paid your total pledge amount, you'd get your reward!  I'm sure that Cris can find the answer for you, but my guess would be that this is possible.

Thanks Melrocks.  That is most likely what I will do.  Chris probably has her nose stuck in a book or running her short legs on the treadmill

chris-play

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 07:29:59 pm »
Rhonda,

Thanks Melrocks.  That is most likely what I will do.  Chris probably has her nose stuck in a book or running her short legs on the treadmill

Hey there ... don't think that your legs are much longer than mine  Cheeky
I was teaching and working and then I really had to go to the gym, but I have a headache and an upset stomach and I had to come home  Crying Crying I feel guilty, but I really did not have the energy to train today.
So, what Melrocks said is correct, you can pledge that you will donate/collect a certain amount from now to the end of the year, and we will keep track of the donations (Belmont is regularly sending us the list of donations they receive). ]
Miss Rhonda, let us know if you are planning something fun for fundraising, we need ideas for the other backups!!  Thanks

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 08:47:45 pm »
Rhonda,

Hey there ... don't think that your legs are much longer than mine  Cheeky
I was teaching and working and then I really had to go to the gym, but I have a headache and an upset stomach and I had to come home  Crying Crying I feel guilty, but I really did not have the energy to train today.
So, what Melrocks said is correct, you can pledge that you will donate/collect a certain amount from now to the end of the year, and we will keep track of the donations (Belmont is regularly sending us the list of donations they receive). ]
Miss Rhonda, let us know if you are planning something fun for fundraising, we need ideas for the other backups!!  Thanks

First of all . . . I'll put my legs up against yours any day  Winner
Second . . . . you are not too sick to stay off the board so my sympathy is limited   No No
Third . . . . .  where is the link, phone number or whatever I need to get in contact with Belmont.  Better yet, why don't I just tell you the amount and you do it for me   Help sign
Fourth . . . .  maybe I was unclear.  I want to actually "send" in the money on a monthly basis.  Not collect the money and send it all in at once.  Is this possible? ?   Dunno
Fifth  . . . . .  Since I am out of work for now, I am planning on selling my services to raise money.  Warning . . . I don't come cheap and I don't do windows or babysit  (is that one word? ?)   Thumbs Up

Patiently waiting for a response   Super excited

chris-play

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 09:21:45 pm »
Every wish is an order Miss Rhonda!
Go to this webpage
http://www.belmont.edu/development/ways_to_give/index.html
Scroll down and you will find a section titled: "Electronic Funds Transfer"
There you find the info to schedule a monthly payment. There is the option of an electronic fund transfer (on line) or you can print out a form and send it via mail.
Please, follow the instructions that we have given in our Scholarship web page to clearly indicate that you are making the monthly donation for the Melinda Doolittle Music Scholarship.
Is this enough, my "deer"!

PS: and I did not say your legs are shorter, I said not to think that they really are much longer!!! One inch or two is nothing my "deer"!!

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 11:28:47 pm »
Got my form printed out.  Wish I knew where the Scholarship web page is.  I read the "sticky" at the top of this section and that's not it.  Would be nice to have a link  Duh

Also, the form has "Send Gift Acknowledgement to:"  What should I put on that line?

Never said that you said my legs were shorter.   And you know what I am calling you right now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:54:34 pm by rhonda »

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 11:49:12 pm »
Got a question about donating.

Just imagine (lol) I wanna donate 1500.00 so I can get lunch with Melinda....  When does she start rewarding the prizes for the dreamers? 

Thanks.......

chris-play

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 12:14:19 am »
Got my form printed out.  Wish I knew where the Scholarship web page is.  I read the "sticky" at the top of this section and that's not it.  Would be nice to have a link  Duh

Also, the form has "Send Gift Acknowledgement to:"  What should I put on that line?

Never said that you said my legs were shorter.   And you know what I am calling you right now.

Now, I know that you have problems with one eye, but the other is working ... and my signature is quite large ... why don't you read what it says??? And why don't you click on it??
I thought that there is a thread with the link, however, Miss Rhonda, I will make a sticky thread for you!  Slap

chris-play

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:19 am »
Got a question about donating.

Just imagine (lol) I wanna donate 1500.00 so I can get lunch with Melinda....  When does she start rewarding the prizes for the dreamers? 

Thanks.......

Holly, Chaz said that the lunches will be decided according to Melinda's availabilit. Once we know that there is someone who donated that amount, we will put Chaz in contact with the donor and they'll decide together. I think this is the best way to go. What do you think?

hilarious