Author Topic: Sacramento Dreyer's Ice Cream Party  (Read 2336 times)

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
Sacramento Dreyer's Ice Cream Party
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:11:19 am »
February 28, 2008
Idol Chatter: Local angle - Melinda is melodic

Dreyer's Slow Churned

So Becky Pricer, 30, of Citrus Heights has a new friend - and five gallons of ice cream in her freezer!

Becky was the winner of the Dreyer's ice cream/"American Idol" private concert with Melinda Doolittle. Melinda performed Wednesday night for Becky and 25 of her best buds at a friend's home in Granite Bay.

"I own a condo, so we could never fit 25 people in there," Becky says in a phone conversation today. "It was fantastic. And I wouldn't have even cared if there was ice cream or not."

(Melinda did dish a bowl for herself before she performed. And she dished afterward for the attendees.)

Her song choices?

"She let us pick," says Becky, an office manager for a local construction company. "I chose 'I'm a Woman' because I love the energy in the song, and I love the words. They're so powerful."

One of her friends selected "My Funny Valentine," which will appear on Melinda's upcoming CD. The third song was "I've Got Rhythm," a classic jazz take.

Becky got some one-on-one time with the "Idol" finalist (Season 6), too, before introducing her to the gathering.

"I've read how she's a people person, and it's true," Becky says. "She wants to be your friend and, talking to her, it's like chatting with one of your best friends."

Melinda also posed for pictures and signed autographs. The whole gig lasted about an hour, just in time for fans to catch the Top 10 gals performing in Wednesday night's show (see my roundup below).

Not surprisingly, Becky says Melinda remains one of her favorite "Idol" contestants, and "probably the only one whose CD I'll buy," she says, adding that she thinks Season 7 has some strong performers.

"I like David Archuleta and Syesha (Mercado) so far," she says.

Meanwhile, Becky has enough ice cream to get her through, well, at least a week's worth of songs. Her favorite flavor? Mint Karaoke Cookie - just like Melinda.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 12:54:23 am by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
Re: Sacramento Dreyer's Ice Cream Party
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 12:15:16 am »
Thanks Maria

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:56:23 am »
awesome maria........   Big hug

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 01:03:58 am »
Cool.  And guess what?  Maria has pictures of Melinda signing autographs at the grocery store that she will post soon.   Thumbs Up
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Labelle

• Founding Backup #692
  • Charming,Expressive,Unselfish,Sanguine
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 02:26:38 am »
Thanks Maria Big hug
  I want to be all that I am capable of becoming....(Katherine Mansfield)

alohabyana

• Founding Backup #590
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 02:55:34 am »
Thanks Maria.  I know you and Desiree had a ball getting to see Melinda, you lucky duckies.

Aloha,'
Ann

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 03:08:36 am »
Thanks, Maria for posting. Huzzah! ..and I'm looking forward to the photos Des mentioned  Thumbs Up
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 09:22:13 pm »
Thank you Maria. This is so cool!!! Big hug
We did it!