Author Topic: Melinda Doolittle Talks About Life After 'Idol'  (Read 2431 times)

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Melinda Doolittle Talks About Life After 'Idol'
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:54:58 pm »
"Singer To Appear At Raley's In El Dorado Hills

POSTED: 9:38 am PST February 26, 2008
UPDATED: 10:19 am PST February 26, 2008

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Singer Melinda Doolittle is promoting a new album and a line of "American Idol"-related ice cream.

Doolittle, who finished third place in last season's "Idol" competition, has released a single online of "My Funny Valentine."

Doolittle, who visited KCRA 3 in Sacramento on Tuesday, said her life has changed dramatically since her "Idol" appearance.

"I think the hardest part about it is knowing that everywhere I go, people are going to know who I am," she said, adding that she loves the attention from fans. "So, occasionally I don't look the cutest, but people still take a picture."

Doolittle described her debut album, which comes out in June, as "kind of eclectic."

"I'm a soul girl at heart," she said. "So it's got soul. It's got some groove to it. But I like that little rock edge. So, it's a little gritty."

Doolittle is a spokeswoman for Dreyer's ice cream, which comes in several "American Idol" flavors.

Doolittle is also scheduled to appear at Raley's at 3935 Park Drive in El Dorado Hills from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Before gaining fame through "American Idol," Doolittle sang backup for many other performers, including Michael McDonald, Jonny Lang and Aaron Neville."

http://www.kcra.com/entertainment/15414571/detail.html

Indigo54

Re: Melinda Doolittle Talks About Life After 'Idol'
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Watching her perform is almost as exciting as listening to her.  More, More, MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 04:42:42 pm »
Rock on her album?  Now I want it even more!!!  Huzzah! Super excited

#1houstonfan

• Founding Backup
  • The keeper of her cuteness!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 04:53:03 pm »
She is amazing!  Even just watching her on a little bitty 2 inch by 2inch square on the computer with not too good of speakers... she hooks me every time!  I am with indigo... watching her is  so exciting... she  can pull you into the music with one look.  Way to go Melinda!  Huzzah! 
 Can't wait for that album!

Thanks Megan for finding the link with the performance clip! Huzzah!
No matter what is going  on i know that coming on the backups site will put a smile on my face!

Melissa

Melissa and Megan

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:16:49 pm »
Thank you Megan:) Big hug
We did it!

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 05:56:19 am »

Doolittle described her debut album, which comes out in June, as "kind of eclectic."

Eclectic is good!

Thanks Megan