Author Topic: Melinda Mentions ~ AI7 contestants  (Read 4398 times)

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
Re: Melinda Mentions ~ AI7 contestants
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 01:44:18 pm »
True, Bernie.  But there's just something about her, can't put my finger on it.  Almost like she feels entitled or something.  Great singer, cute as a button.  But no "humbleness" about her.  She just didn't affect me the way Melinda did. 

(That's a quote from the article, not my opinion).
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 05:04:11 pm »
It's cool that so many reviewers remember Melinda and in such a positive way!  I'm still waiting for one of the AI judges to mention her name  LOL sign

I wonder if they ever will.  They tend to mention the winners and never the runners up.
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 05:47:45 pm »
(Quote from cited web page)

Syesha sings “Tobacco Road,” and I think this is the first time we’ve heard a girl sing in on the show.
       It’s a great choice from her; she really blasts it out. I think Syesha is going to be our Melinda Doolittle this season, hitting everything out of the park.

http://www.foxesonidol.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article2261.art&page=4
Syesha is good but on Melinda's level?  Not in a million years!!!  Cheeky

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 06:16:51 pm »

Syesha sings “Tobacco Road,” and I think this is the first time we’ve heard a girl sing in on the show.
       It’s a great choice from her; she really blasts it out. I think Syesha is going to be our Melinda Doolittle this season, hitting everything out of the park.

Nope, not on Melinda's level. But, like Melinda, she definitely does the "Actress thing", orchestrating a wild range of expressions, looks, face-to-face emotional involvement, etc.  Aisa'h did that too, but not as forcefully.  Melinda's best.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:21:09 pm by Bernie »
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 07:46:35 pm »

Nope, not on Melinda's level. But, like Melinda, she definitely does the "Actress thing", orchestrating a wild range of expressions, looks, face-to-face emotional involvement, etc.  Aisa'h did that too, but not as forcefully.  Melinda's best.

Let's face it.  There is no one on Melinda's level in this season and probably in the seasons to come.  Melinda was inarguably the best singer AI ever produced.  I cannot even begin to think "Melinda" when listening to these singers.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:52:09 pm by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 08:15:29 pm »

Let's face it.  There is no one on Melinda's level in this season and probably in the seasons to come.  Melinda was inarguably the best singer AI ever produced.  I cannot even begin to think "Melinda" when listening to these singers.
Yep, Maria.  It is so hard for me to get past Melinda and I hope reviewers rank her as the #1 female singer AI has ever had.  Exactly why I don't want a girl to win this season.

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 01:29:58 am »
I keep waiting for Simon to mention her! He has to:)
We did it!