Author Topic: Promoting Melinda - a request  (Read 2333 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Promoting Melinda - a request
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:38:26 am »
We are all dedicated to Melinda and really enthused to help her the best  way we can.  However, we also need to be aware that the larger national  efforts (such as appearances on national talk shows) have to be carefully co-ordinated to ensure that they fit in with the overall strategy being planned by her management team, and we  have therefore been asked by them not to organize in this direction without their approval.

We want everyone to continue to Dream Big and come up with grass-roots ideas, but we should try to conserve our energies and focus more on the local and individual level to promote Melinda.  Thumbs Up

Thanks

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
Re: Promoting Melinda - a request
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:39:24 am »
Thanks alan for your wisdom!  It is greatly appreciated. It's great to have such a wonderful balance of backup's coming together..all sorts of gifts and talents.

Praise God for a wonderful management team that she has that is able to understand and look at the big picture for melinda's future.. It's really great.. b/c I think it's easy to run ahead with things (especially someone like me)  Brick wall who can get excited to make a dream come true..but sometimes forget to look at the whole picture.. not meaning too..but just out of excitement and love for the person to make them happy..

Thanks so much holly for having a big heart too in caring so much for melinda as well as the rest of the backup's at this family..

I'm so greatful to all of you.. I just want you to know that. Smiley Love you all!
Love you heaps! Smiley

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:14:17 pm »
Alan,
Please forgive me if I stepped out of line by asking people to suggest to Ellen about Melinda being on the show  I meant no harm .... I am soooooooo sorry. Crying
Holly

Vickster

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:34:02 pm »
Alan,
Please forgive me if I stepped out of line by asking people to suggest to Ellen about Melinda being on the show  I meant no harm .... I am soooooooo sorry. Crying
Holly

Hey, no sweat Holly.  Kiss   Mel's management just wants to handle the larger, National promotions involving something like this.  We can all promote her as much as we want on the local and individual levels. 

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:34:05 pm »
Holly, you have such a beautiful heart. You don't need to ask for forgiveness.. I hope that people see my heart too, just wanting to jump in and help out. ?
Love you heaps! Smiley

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:39:36 pm »
Alan,
Holly

No apology needed or expected.

We are all learning how best to support our girl.  This is just part of the learning process.

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 04:52:49 am »
Does this mean Melinda isn't going to be on Ellen?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:41:01 am »
Does this mean Melinda isn't going to be on Ellen?Huh?Huh?Huh?
It means NOW is not the right time.  Maybe when Melinda has a full album to promote it would be more beneficial.