Author Topic: A thought  (Read 5905 times)

angel4peace

Re: A thought
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 12:53:41 am »
Here are some thoughts on tiger paintings for a violin.

* There could be a full tiger face painting on the back of the violin with parts of the logo on the front.
* A full body of a tiger painted on the back with the tail coming around to the violin and painted up the neck of the violin with parts of the logo on the front.
* Full tiger face painting on front with logo on back.
* Full body of tiger on front bottom with tail going around back of violin, parts of logo on top front of violin.

If anyone has any other suggestions or pictures of tigers, please post them. My favorite artist is Nancy Dillen who did Cats on the Fiddle (the first picture of Visual Violins). She seems to do cats well and I like how she outlined the violin.

Wow, I just posted but it did not show up...
I love the new pictures you added! This will make an amazing present and I love the first picture.. something very different about it.

I think this would be a nice present for birthday, CD release... we will know when the time is right... I just love this idea Donna

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 01:00:21 am »
Thanks Angel. I like the first picture too. I wish I could find what site I got it from to find out who the artist is. Now it's a matter of getting the violin and having someone paint it.

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 01:30:40 am »
Agreed. LOVE the first one!!! Big hug
We did it!

angel4peace

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 01:41:01 am »
Here are some thoughts on tiger paintings for a violin.

* There could be a full tiger face painting on the back of the violin with parts of the logo on the front.
* A full body of a tiger painted on the back with the tail coming around to the violin and painted up the neck of the violin with parts of the logo on the front.
* Full tiger face painting on front with logo on back.
* Full body of tiger on front bottom with tail going around back of violin, parts of logo on top front of violin.

If anyone has any other suggestions or pictures of tigers, please post them. My favorite artist is Nancy Dillen who did Cats on the Fiddle (the first picture of Visual Violins). She seems to do cats well and I like how she outlined the violin.

Wow, I just posted but it did not show up...
I love the new pictures you added! This will make an amazing present and I love the first picture.. something very different about it.

I think this would be a nice present for birthday, CD release... we will know when the time is right... I just love this idea Donna

They were using old violins right.... so it is not a matter of how they sound but how they look the wood the body!   I bet we could find nice ones in a pawn shop, on ebay and it would not be too expensive.
Just a thought!

Vickster

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 01:42:58 am »
Those painted violins are awesome!   Huzzah!

angel4peace

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 02:18:29 am »
Donna, just checked ebay.. there are over 4,000 violins for sale at all prices!
http://instruments.search.ebay.com/violin_Violin_W0QQfromZR34QQsacatZ38107

I am wondering if this is going to stay as a proposed project of become an official project?Huh?

I love this!
Donna, Let me know if I am correct- one suggestion was to do this as a fund raiser for the music scholarship as they do in your home town auctioning many violins.

Second is to commission as a gift for Melinda a hand painted violin that we buy , then have painted for her with a Tiger and then we decide what will be the perfect occasion for this to be presented to her.

I think this is a great idea.
I propose this becomes an official project. Please send a copy of the link to this thread to Alan and the ILT
Thanks
angel World Hug

We will have to have permission from the artist if we use a picture found online, or maybe we can have one painted. Are there any artists/painters among the back ups.. Gemini??? Where are you?

Again - YouTube Link
I believe having a open contest for people who are painters to send in picture of the Little Tiger would be a great way to include everyone

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 02:50:17 am »

I am wondering if this is going to stay as a proposed project of become an official project?Huh?

I love this!
Donna, Let me know if I am correct- one suggestion was to do this as a fund raiser for the music scholarship as they do in your home town auctioning many violins.

Second is to commission as a gift for Melinda a hand painted violin that we buy , then have painted for her with a Tiger and then we decide what will be the perfect occasion for this to be presented to her.

I propose this becomes an official project. Please send a copy of the link to this thread to Alan and the ILT
Thanks
angel World Hug

We will have to have permission from the artist if we use a picture found online, or maybe we can have one painted. Are there any artists/painters among the back ups.. Gemini??? Where are you?

Again - YouTube Link
I believe having a open contest for people who are painters to send in picture of the Little Tiger would be a great way to include everyone

Great suggestion, Angel!  I love this whole idea.  This project is so unique.  And the contest for a Tiger painting is great activity for all the Backups.   Thumbs Up
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 02:54:47 am »

I love this!

Thanks
angel World Hug

Again - YouTube Link

Yes, Angel. The idea is to raise funds for the Music Scholarship and to present Melinda with a painted violin. The violins that were used for our symphony fund raiser were donated. They are retired violins that came from music stores, schools, music teachers, etc. I am going to ask around my area to see if there are any available for donation. If not, then we can do the e-bay.  I think its a great idea to have a contest for any painters out there.