Author Topic: A thought  (Read 6217 times)

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
A thought
« on: January 18, 2008, 05:07:36 am »
I was thinking of a future gift for Melinda from all of us. I thought of a Visual Violin (see other thread - Fund raiser ideas) and having a tiger painted on it and some other things from the logo. What do you think? Would she like something like that?

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
Re: A thought
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:23:20 am »
I was thinking of a future gift for Melinda from all of us. I thought of a Visual Violin (see other thread - Fund raiser ideas) and having a tiger painted on it and some other things from the logo. What do you think? Would she like something like that?

I like it Donna.....now where is Gem hiding these days???

angel4peace

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:28:25 am »
Donna that is a great idea, would you post iit in the proposed projects area and put a little Melinda do not look Icon on it? I think it is a lovely idea.. .and yes, where is Gem?Huh?

donna

• Founding Backup #695
A thought
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:41:21 pm »
I was thinking of a future gift for Melinda from all of us. I thought of a Visual Violin (see Music Scholarship thread - Fund raiser ideas)

http://www.melindasbackups.com/forum/index.php?topic=1379.0

I thought it would be nice to have a tiger painted on a violin and some other things from the logo. What do you think? Would she like something like that?

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:38 pm »
Donna that is a great idea, would you post iit in the proposed projects area and put a little Melinda do not look Icon on it? I think it is a lovely idea.. .and yes, where is Gem?Huh?

I agree.  I love this idea!
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

donna

• Founding Backup #695
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 04:07:23 pm »
Here are some thoughts on tiger paintings for a violin.

* There could be a full tiger face painting on the back of the violin with parts of the logo on the front.
* A full body of a tiger painted on the back with the tail coming around to the violin and painted up the neck of the violin with parts of the logo on the front.
* Full tiger face painting on front with logo on back.
* Full body of tiger on front bottom with tail going around back of violin, parts of logo on top front of violin.

If anyone has any other suggestions or pictures of tigers, please post them. My favorite artist is Nancy Dillen who did Cats on the Fiddle (the first picture of Visual Violins). She seems to do cats well and I like how she outlined the violin.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:13:08 pm by donna »

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 04:13:03 pm »
That is awesome, Donna!  I love it!
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 04:14:30 pm »
I remember a beautiful tiger painting done by a Backup.

I THINK is was Crispy, but I am not 100% sure

donna

• Founding Backup #695
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 04:19:55 pm »

Thanks Angel. I posted this to Proposed Projects.

Alan:  Do you want to delete this topic from here since I posted it again in Proposed Projects?

donna

• Founding Backup #695
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 04:23:38 pm »
That would be great if we can get a backup to paint it. Any painters out there?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 04:30:43 pm »

Thanks Angel. I posted this to Proposed Projects.

Alan:  Do you want to delete this topic from here since I posted it again in Proposed Projects?

I'll merge the two in the other place.

Well as you now see, they are merged at the "other place"

donna

• Founding Backup #695
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 04:34:09 pm »
Thanks Alan. That was quick.   Thumbs Up

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 12:42:49 am »
I was thinking of a future gift for Melinda from all of us. I thought of a Visual Violin (see Music Scholarship thread - Fund raiser ideas)

I thought it would be nice to have a tiger painted on a violin and some other things from the logo. What do you think? Would she like something like that?

[/quote

That is so cute, I love the idea!!! Are you talking future like as in her 31st Birthday, or Valentine's day...what? Rose
We did it!

angel4peace

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 12:49:24 am »
Donna I love the new pictures you added.. that first one has a very special quality... ooh this would be so much fun to do!

donna

• Founding Backup #695
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 12:49:46 am »

That is so cute, I love the idea!!! Are you talking future like as in her 31st Birthday, or Valentine's day...what? Rose

Thinking more for her birthday. Valentines Day is coming too fast.