Author Topic: The project is dear to my heart  (Read 3096 times)

Prissy

The project is dear to my heart
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:26:25 pm »
This project is really dear to me, i appreciate what everyone is doing in helping to fight malaria.

I am Zambian residing in New York , who lost my mother 8yrs ago to my malaria.My mother was barely 41 yrs of age.Just writing this statement brings back the bitter memories and i can not hold back my tears right.She was only 40, how young were we?

Thank you Melinda!Zambia is one country that people don't really know about.
PSC

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
Re: The project is dear to my heart
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:29:47 pm »
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. I pray that God comforts you and brings you peace. Hopefully through Melinda and all of her supporters, more and more people will know about malaria and the affect it has and we can continue to change lives and get something done about it.

We love you! Smiley
Love you heaps! Smiley

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:41:39 pm »
Prissy, I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I hope that God is with you at all times to be there for you right by your side. I love the project too, and I am so glad that I will be bringing it to my school. I am going to work my butt off to raise as much money as I possibly can for the Malaria No More Stayin' Alive program! It means so much to me to be a part of it.

I am so glad to welcome you into the backups family!!! I know you will enjoy it here! Rose
Love, Lexi Big hug
We did it!

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 04:33:34 am »
Prissy,
I am so sorry that Malaria stole your Mother from you....She was definitely way too young to loose her life...Because of so many losses like that of your Mother, Melinda has really wanted to be a part of the solution towards eradicating malaria, and we backups are all behind her on that.  I am so glad that you found us here, and hope you will keep posting, and let people know how important this cause is to you and your country. 

How long have you lived in the US?  If you feel comfortable in telling us more about yourself, I'm sure we would all be very interested.  We are a very loving bunch of people who come here to support each other, to support Melinda, and to support Malaria No More.  I hope you will make yourself at home here, and come back often.

Again, my sincerere condolenses for the loss of your Mother. 

Vickster

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 04:12:04 pm »
Prissy, so sorry about your Mother.  We are all here for you, welcome to our home.  Hug
Melinda has enlightened us all about the impact of this disease.  We are doing everything we can to help save lives and enlighten others, too. 

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:55:05 am »
Just wanted to bump this up.  I remembered this post when Jena and Donna were talking about how much $10 can mean to one family.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Dani

• Founding Backup #364
  • Grey's Anatomy<3333
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 04:59:54 am »
Thanks for bumping this up, Des.

Prissy, I am so sorry I just now found this post. I am terribly sorry about your mother.. she was def. too young to die. Like everyone has said, please make yourself welcome here and come back often!! Big hug Rose

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:47:27 am »
Thanks for bumping this up, Des.

Prissy,
I am so sorry that you lost your mother.  I wasn't a part of this site last year when you made the post, but you have my deepest sympathy. Big hug Rose Rose

angel4peace

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:25:25 am »
Thanks for bumping this up Des... imagine 10$ can save a life , amazing! I am so sorry to hear about the death of your mother at such a young age. Sorry I missed this before. Rose

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:54:43 pm »
I am so sorry for your mother also. The project is amazing 10.00 to save a family.

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 05:07:21 pm »
I missed seeing this post also.  Crying  So sorry Prissy!

hilarious