Author Topic: Release Party Idea  (Read 1598 times)

alohabyana

• Founding Backup #590
Release Party Idea
« on: December 21, 2007, 12:15:47 am »
I'll help in any way I can here in Hawaii.  Alan, as I stated in my reply to the letter that the ILT sent to all Backups, I would like to know if we can work with Melinda's management team to do a kickoff/launch promotion of her debut CD the day it is released - a party/promotion/event of some kind - I don't know what - in our respective cities, states, and countries.  I'm hoping you all can contact her management team to see if this could be possible.  I envision an event where we can promote her CD and also our web site to get people involved with helping us promote her.  What do you think?

Much Aloha,
Ann

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Release Party Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:46:38 pm »
I'll help in any way I can here in Hawaii.  Alan, as I stated in my reply to the letter that the ILT sent to all Backups, I would like to know if we can work with Melinda's management team to do a kickoff/launch promotion of her debut CD the day it is released - a party/promotion/event of some kind - I don't know what - in our respective cities, states, and countries.  I'm hoping you all can contact her management team to see if this could be possible.  I envision an event where we can promote her CD and also our web site to get people involved with helping us promote her.  What do you think?

Much Aloha,
Ann

Ann,

I should have responded to this before.

Great idea.  We are hoping to arrange a teleconference with Melinda's Manager, OldSchool and myself  to run through ideas like this and see how we can make a difference.  Its quite important that we don't step on his toes and co-ordinate efforts.  This hopefully will be scheduled sometime in January.

One think I am anxious to do before then is make sure we are gathering contacts for us to be able to send a press release to.  So the local paper, and radio stations - so if we can organise some form of launch event, we actually know who we are going to tell about it.

Then, we need to think of a different angle on the CD coming out.  When we know more about the timing we can try and figure out how to make the news of this one different to everyone elses.

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
Re: Release Party Idea
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:46:04 pm »
awesome idea you guys! let me know how I can help!
Love you heaps! Smiley